Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Default Werewolf drop rates

I have been after a Serpent Insignia Collar for a month solid for my resist set on red.

I leveled a druid and ranger to track and would roam around WK killing werewolves at night (I'd find 1 a night, sometimes two with my druid). After killing about 50 werewolves, I had gotten one Lupine Runed Armband and about 7-10 werewolf pelts but no collar.

After talking to a guildie that got a collar as a drop in NK on a werewolf near the gypsy camp, I decided to try there to see if they were easier to track.

After a while, I discovered his spawn point and time he first spawns and when he despawns! Every night I'd be there when he'd spawn and keep killing them as they repopped. I could now kill 4-5 per EQ night! Yet after about 200 werewolves, I STILL have not gotten a collar to drop! And not even a 2nd lupine runed armband!

Is something wrong with the loot tables? I don't believe it should be anywhere near this rare!

I actually don't remember a werewolf being in NK at all on live.

Both the current AllaKhazam and the Wayback of it from 2000/2001 don't even show a werewolf in NK at all. Nor is it in any of the discussions, even Grimtooth's who the werewolf is a PH for in P99.

Current ZAM mob list for NK:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=32

Wayback Machine list:
http://web.archive.org/web/200110240....shtml?zone=32

Recommendation: Remove the werewolf from NK, increase the drop rate of the serpent insignia collar and lupine runed armband substantially on the WK, SK, WC ones.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

I've had a collar drop from the one night spawn in WC seems like it's all luck/rng.