Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default CTF Event Feedback Thread

Post feedback on ANYTHING about the event.

NOTE: feedback is not a bug report thread. Only post actual constructive feedback on what you would like to see about it. We'll probably run it again soon with all the bugs fixed.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Ok i have a few things:

1. Mage pets will auto attack anyone that they killed or have aggro with, thus death looping players at the spawn point.

2. There was no lvl restrictions, this being a little annoying for obvious reasons.

3. Magicians using Eye of Zomm, can waltze in there and capture the flag thus making the flag insta pop wherever you casted the eye at (Warping the flag).

4. Fears not working, roots not working etc etc.

5. And above all, this was a sweet idea and i will play again, just a few tweaks and this will be perfect.

That being said, heres a few suggestions... Magicians have to use their own Malachite at their own expense. I know its not worth much, but i went into the event with like 4 malachite and ended up using the all fairly quickly. Maybe you could have everyone start at the same lvl, with all spells/skills maxed and give the appropriate class a supplies vendor that is useable for their team only.

THANKS DEV TEAM!
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Last edited by Lonedrahon25; 05-16-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: Added more info...
Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Bugs aside, it was a blast. Too bad we couldn't do away with the PVP damage deduction. I want wizards trying to ice comet me for big damage!

Key word is try, suckers! ;D
Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

nerf bards

on flag pickup make a buff cast on you that overwrites all your buffs and either snares you or just makes you at default runspeed by overwriting and blocking any run speed spells/songs

change the message for deaths to show who the killer was

think we could attack our own teammates? not sure on that one, if its impossible to fix its not a big deal, just keep an eye out for griefers teamkilling
Old 05-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. Fears not working, roots not working etc etc.
Fear shouldn't work. Root should... and what do you mean by etc etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magicians have to use their own Malachite at their own expense.
True, that could be a problem! Your solution

Quote:
give the appropriate class a supplies vendor that is useable for their team only.
Is a decent one. Don't really see why it has to be usable for your team only.. If someone on red team wants to buy malachite in the blue base... go him. I feel the ratio of necessity to ease of implementation makes this part unrecommended.

Quote:
Maybe you could have everyone start at the same lvl, with all spells/skills maxed
Umno. This is so unnecessarily difficult. You realize that they are actually taking your character and moving it, not creating some new character for you to play... So you would be forcing them to create a new character and duplicating your gear and equipping it instead of just making different categories for different levels, or whatever.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Big part of pvp was rescuing your allies from mez with a bash or something. Makes mez like .0001x as effective. If this is doable yay but I don't really see how with the keeping of not harming your teammates. Not saying do away with not harming your teammates.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big part of pvp was rescuing your allies from mez with a bash or something. Makes mez like .0001x as effective. If this is doable yay but I don't really see how with the keeping of not harming your teammates. Not saying do away with not harming your teammates.
yes, bashing and dotting your friends/self was always a way to save the group/self vs a chanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Sarnak

Or how about they just make you start naked, and put vendor NPCs that have various kinds of armor, weapons on them and everyone gets to pick what they want/ need. Makes more sense to me then having all the people with all the raid gear going around and WTPwning all the handmedown geared players out there. Their trying to create a fun event thats for everyone, not a bottleneck of IB in all their leetness just killing everyone they see.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 05-17-2010, 01:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Or how about they just make you start naked, and put vendor NPCs that have various kinds of armor, weapons on them and everyone gets to pick what they want/ need. Makes more sense to me then having all the people with all the raid gear going around and WTPwning all the handmedown geared players out there. Their trying to create a fun event thats for everyone, not a bottleneck of IB in all their leetness just killing everyone they see.
Too much code effort to do all of that for an event. You do want sky coming out, right?

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

As I said before....
This should be all lvl 1 naked gnome mages.

I liked the pvp ya but there was no balance at all 4 bards could win against the whole server :/

ALSO as a side note I found a pretty screwy bug, if a bard and a mage duel and the bard charms the mages pet, the pet goes away. So now you got 4 bards making everyones pets go away plus snatching up flags......

If you not a lvl 1 gnome mage you can't enter thats what I say.

Perfectly balanced anyone can join and no bards running around plus it saves ALOT of extra coding.
Last edited by Vyal; 05-17-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Closed Thread