Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Banned

well for me, i mean the idea that you are eating tanted meat is enough to gross you out.. and yea i myself would be a little more attentive to my eyes and mouth geting zombie blood.. i would dress more like this guy from 28 days later:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

than these guys, from like EVERY zombie movie:

I mean i know its hot in georga or whever it is they are, but damn man i dk, roll ducktape all over your shit or something!

Ironicaly *28 Days Later spoilers - Spoilers - spoilers* the guy dressed in riot gear, gets blood in his eye in 28 days later and its game over for him...

I htink that for me maybe the zombie infection is not contagious out in the open air for long, like aids. And you have to get it mixed into the blood stream to really get it going.. maybe? thats plausible enough for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But also in the walking deads defence, homeboy did used to dress like this a lot:

I would just say no to short sleve shirts heh
Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

I know this is the Walking Dead thread but when you brought up "28 Days Later" (which I loved) it made me think of one of my other favorites, "Dawn of the Dead". Remember the celebrity zombie scene? Lol..
Old 10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is the Walking Dead thread but when you brought up "28 Days Later" (which I loved) it made me think of one of my other favorites, "Dawn of the Dead". Remember the celebrity zombie scene? Lol..
Dude The dawn of the dead remake has the best chaos scene ever when the helecoptor is flying over the town and the car just goes straight into the gas station.. loved it!!

also the guy from modern family, who knew he had such range? "well if by daed, you mean walking around eating each other, then yea theyre all dead" lol

Also, my favorite of alllll time is the original dawn of the dead.. for me the perfect zombie movie covers a full range of emotion, from chaos, to calmness to chaos to escape, and the original really hit on all the notes.. putting it in a mall really pointed out how much of us are hoping for a zombie apocalypse because we all get to go on a shopping spree.. I mean.. so much of what modern zombie movies are, came from that perticular one..

ugh I love zombie movies!

but the 70's ones are my fave...

but that new dawn of the dead is so good.. u know what else is funny shit in that new one? when that girl is running around looking for her dog with that stupid name shouting, "chips! wru chips! CHIPS! come here boy!"

lol always joke about naming a dog chips from that scene cus it sounds so stupid (no offence if any yall have a dog named chips, that name is so bad its good so none intended [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

All that said, have you read the world war z book? when I turned the last page in that I thought to myself, 'well shit, i guess i never have to wonder what would happen during a zombie apocalypse ever again' 8/

It really covers everything!

The OG day of the dead is ok too.. I just bought this movie online and its a movie I havent seen before, looking forward to watching it:

oh and one more!!! i think this ones on netflix and its SO GOOD!!!!! Cuban zombie movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

check out this rad clip too from the same movie, its funny and takes it self seroiusly, its great!! :

https://vine.co/v/bHdnXeMiHnK

I shutup now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude The dawn of the dead remake has the best chaos scene ever when the helecoptor is flying over the town and the car just goes straight into the gas station.. loved it!!

also the guy from modern family, who knew he had such range? "well if by daed, you mean walking around eating each other, then yea theyre all dead" lol

Also, my favorite of alllll time is the original dawn of the dead.. for me the perfect zombie movie covers a full range of emotion, from chaos, to calmness to chaos to escape, and the original really hit on all the notes.. putting it in a mall really pointed out how much of us are hoping for a zombie apocalypse because we all get to go on a shopping spree.. I mean.. so much of what modern zombie movies are, came from that perticular one..

ugh I love zombie movies!

but the 70's ones are my fave...

but that new dawn of the dead is so good.. u know what else is funny shit in that new one? when that girl is running around looking for her dog with that stupid name shouting, "chips! wru chips! CHIPS! come here boy!"

lol always joke about naming a dog chips from that scene cus it sounds so stupid (no offence if any yall have a dog named chips, that name is so bad its good so none intended [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

All that said, have you read the world war z book? when I turned the last page in that I thought to myself, 'well shit, i guess i never have to wonder what would happen during a zombie apocalypse ever again' 8/

It really covers everything!

The OG day of the dead is ok too.. I just bought this movie online and its a movie I havent seen before, looking forward to watching it:

oh and one more!!! i think this ones on netflix and its SO GOOD!!!!! Cuban zombie movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

check out this rad clip too from the same movie, its funny and takes it self seroiusly, its great!! :

https://vine.co/v/bHdnXeMiHnK

I shutup now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yes, I'm a big zombie movie fan too. And speaking of zombies, I'm flipping through channels right now and just came across a show called "Man-Eating Zombie Cats" on Animal Planet. Haha wtf is this...

...aw man. They aren't zombies at all. Disappoint.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yes, I'm a big zombie movie fan too. And speaking of zombies, I'm flipping through channels right now and just came across a show called "Man-Eating Zombie Cats" on Animal Planet. Haha wtf is this...

...aw man. They aren't zombies at all. Disappoint.

how dare they try to prey on two of the most fanatical of demographics, cats & zombies.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Would assume zombie bite makes you die quickly from epic bacterial blood infection.
I refuse to use a spoiler tag so I'm sure everyone can think of an example in the show where this "knowledge" is used to save a life.

If you take a corpse, leave it in the woods for 18 months, yet somehow manage to maintain its overall shape and form without falling apart and/or decaying... you'll end up with a big, nearly jellified blood/tissue/membrane bacteria hell-storm. Then suddenly take that corpses jaw and, using the hydraulic pressure system you installed in its mouth 18 months ago designed to mimic a hungry ass man bite, aim for the back of your buddies thigh right above the knee. Or anywhere on an arm. Center torso from groin to face is also acceptable. Now leave this person alone by a tree with a laughable excuse for a tourniquet and a prayer overnight.

If he's not dead from a blood infection that nuked the walls of his heart/lungs or ate through brain tissue within 24 hours I very much doubt any amount of quality medical care in a sterile environment will save him. Even just being around tissue that's been decaying the amount of time these zombies have been walking around for can be extremely dangerous. Gather it all up and stick it in a gaping bite wound in a world where the world "sterile" means you wiped it with your sweaty shirt and 24 hour (or less) infection deaths are not too far off the mark.

Or, you know. Zombie genre rule #1: people die/return however is most convenient for the plot.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would assume zombie bite makes you die quickly from epic bacterial blood infection.
I refuse to use a spoiler tag so I'm sure everyone can think of an example in the show where this "knowledge" is used to save a life.

If you take a corpse, leave it in the woods for 18 months, yet somehow manage to maintain its overall shape and form without falling apart and/or decaying... you'll end up with a big, nearly jellified blood/tissue/membrane bacteria hell-storm. Then suddenly take that corpses jaw and, using the hydraulic pressure system you installed in its mouth 18 months ago designed to mimic a hungry ass man bite, aim for the back of your buddies thigh right above the knee. Or anywhere on an arm. Center torso from groin to face is also acceptable. Now leave this person alone by a tree with a laughable excuse for a tourniquet and a prayer overnight.

If he's not dead from a blood infection that nuked the walls of his heart/lungs or ate through brain tissue within 24 hours I very much doubt any amount of quality medical care in a sterile environment will save him. Even just being around tissue that's been decaying the amount of time these zombies have been walking around for can be extremely dangerous. Gather it all up and stick it in a gaping bite wound in a world where the world "sterile" means you wiped it with your sweaty shirt and 24 hour (or less) infection deaths are not too far off the mark.

Or, you know. Zombie genre rule #1: people die/return however is most convenient for the plot.
yea zombie stories tend to bounce around between what your saying here, and that the bite itself turns you into a zombie. In my head the official cannon is the bite kills you.. and whoever dies, if you dont kill the brain will come back.

Some content refute this, but as I am getting older, my internal knowledge of all the stupid shit people say in every zombie movie has exited my brain.. So i cant give you examples of good zombie movies, that people dont turn if they arnt bitten and they die of natural causes.

I wonder what max brooks thinks about the subject...
Old 10-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Default FICTIONAL ZOMBIE BITES course number 690, Doctor Deru Bael PhD.Theoretical Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea zombie stories tend to bounce around between what your saying here, and that the bite itself turns you into a zombie. In my head the official cannon is the bite kills you.. and whoever dies, if you dont kill the brain will come back.

Some content refute this, but as I am getting older, my internal knowledge of all the stupid shit people say in every zombie movie has exited my brain.. So i cant give you examples of good zombie movies, that people dont turn if they arnt bitten and they die of natural causes.

I wonder what max brooks thinks about the subject...
Fine, spoiler tag.... from season 1 and maybe the end of ... season 2 i think, regarding Zombie Virus #597316 (the five hundred ninety-seven thousand three-hundred and sixteenth version of a zombie virus in popular culture involving zombies):

The outbreak and virus itself was pretty thoroughly explained in Season 1 by crazy CDC man in the Atlanta headquarters. The virus itself reanimates dead brain tissue with the desire to eat as the only enabled brain activity. Rick was then informed by crazy scientist guy that everyone has the virus and must have their brain destroyed when they die. The potential for bites to be lethal as a result of the virus has never been mentioned or discussed; everyone just knows that when you die you go zombie shortly afterwards, as is confirmed (and finally revealed to everyone but Rick, who already knew) when Evil Shane becomes slightly less Evil Zombie Shane after being killed.

Until someone smart on the show specifically points out the Viral component of the bite(S) to be the killer, I'm sticking with my explanation, although there is this:

Spoiler from current season regarding the virus:

I will need to re-watch this particular part of the episode to be sure, but the biological warfare expert traveling with them very openly states that he worked specifically on viral warfare designed to fight genetically engineered virus' similar to the ones they were encountering with the current zombie apocalypse. If this is in fact a genetically modified super virus or some kind of genetic weapon, its feasible that some weird Korean scientist in an under ground lab specifically designed it this way as a fail-safe; so that even if the virus somehow made it back to it's creators or was accidentally unleashed, everyone would instantly drop to the floor and do the monster mash until they woke up as a zombie.

So that's possible Nerd theory #1, based on the opinion of a single expert in the always ridiculous and cutting edge field of nerd science(myself). I still think that until a more clear picture of this virus, something that is coming - they have been foreshadowing it since last season - is revealed, massive and horrible multiple threat infection the likes of which we have never seen is the best answer for the time period in which people die after a bite.Depending on severity (neck bite seems to bring you down quick - loss of blood is an easy culprit) the length of time varies, but even the smallest bites like the one we see on - yeah spoiler incoming, if you've read this much of my post you clearly don't care/have been watching - our young black male alcoholic friend who pushed the number of black people past the token point for that race on a Fox Cable network, which was hardly even a bite, but seemed to be on course to take him out near the 18 hour mark.

That's days faster than the most cases of sepsis, though it's not unheard of for it to kill in less than 2 days. And who knows what kinds of extraneous diseases these things are carrying around - lime disease, virulent strains of aids, maleria - the list goes on. A single bite could open you up to anything from the common cold to the bubonic plague in addition to the smorgasboard of delicious bacteria and toxins already present from the corpses decay. That's alot of ohshitimgonnadie in one bite.

Then again, nerdtheory #1 opens up plot windows, so that's likely what will end up occurring, if it gets explained at all.
Last edited by Derubael; 10-30-2014 at 09:15 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to sidetrack, but something thats always bugged me about the series (and I realize its maybe "too real" to put in the show but still... it irks me.....)

Did I miss the explanation for this? Every episode, zombie blood is spraying everywhere, people are rubbing it on their skin, its surely getting in their eyes / mouth / cuts / wherever.... but yet, they never get "infected" like they do when they are bitten.

I was willing to let it slide until last episode when Gareth and friends were eating Bob and he was laughing at them because he was bitten and they were eating his tainted meat..... they didnt really play on it, since those goons are now all dead, but they were very concerned about getting infected from eating him.... yet no one is concerned about getting infected from getting zombie blood on you?

Also, everyone is "infected" but nothing happens until you die... but if a zombie bites you, you're now 2x infected???? and you're for sure going to die.... what gives?

Again, I realize its maybe "too real" to worry about blood spatter etc, but this shit doesnt add up to me and it irks me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of the reasons 28 Days Later is indisputably one of the "most real" zombie apocalypse movies for full on immersion and realistic problems they would have. In The Walking Dead they would all have turned by now. I mean shit, when they waded around in that food bank mucky ass zombie water, if any of them who had any sort of minor scratch or skin lesion or something they'll all be eating flesh right now. Or any time they slaughter a zombie and get their face completely covered in blood. Chances are if they ever had their eyes open doing that shit they were dead. Whereas in 28 Days Later, some dude turn into a zombie from a single drop of zombie brains dripping into his eye and had a full on riot suit to deal with the "infected."

If I was in the walking dead I'd be that guy walking around giving people facemasks, gloves and wet naps. Telling people to never chew their fingers and be careful of papercuts.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

NERDS!

OK but seriously, I think Deru is spot on. The bite is so nasty from the rot / decay / whatever that that is what kills you, everyone has the "base" infection already (that turns you when you die), which is why no one turns from blood spray etc.

I still wouldn't want to walk around brushing up against zombies / getting blood sprayed without a bio suit though!
Last edited by Pringles; 10-31-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Closed Thread