Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2010, 05:11 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Multi/Dual/Quad-Core Issues

If you are experiencing issues with rapid movement, or very slow movement / frame rate, double durations, crashing, etc, try running EQ under WinEQ2, Found at Http://www.lavishsoft.com.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was having issues with my Dule Core ADM, vista laptop.
(modern technology just isnt what it used to be)

I tired all of the fixes on the EQemu forums with temporary success and ultimately no success.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I came across this fix which has worked great.

> Open the start menu, click on Run,type in msconfig and click on OK

> In the System Configuration window click on the start sub menu and the on Advanced Options button.

> In the second window that appear, you should be provide with an option for enabling and disabling the number of processors you want to use.

> Validate your entry by clicking on OK.

> Restart your PC and it should be fine.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/616-multic...disable-a-core

I have experienced two "new" freezes that may be linked to this process, but i change a lot of things on my computer often. So, there is no validity to this claim. and it has never happened playing EQ (which is what matters)

don't forget to turn your dule core back on for other things!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Large Bat

I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toboggan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.
please provide the steps to make it run "under win98 compatibility" in XP, thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Aviak

1. Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Source
Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Yeah I'm getting kicked off every time I zone and even when I log into server or hit enter world. I get in about once every 20 mins and if I zone I get kicked off. I just reformatted this week and it's a new issue. Been playing EQ emu for months with no problems like this. I do also have a dual-core issue, was just wondering if you guys had any other solutions.

I've tried, Process Explorer, setting affinity for 1 processor, can't run in windows 98 that way, but I can run most anything else, doesn't work. I can't run in Win EQ, not sure how to get my eq files to show, can't find anything on that. I have been trying to install amd optimizer but can't install that atm, some file is messed up or something. Does anyone have any other fixes that might work?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Aviak

That WinEQ2.15 Lite (free) has really helped my EQ performance, everything from mouse issues to zoning crashes.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Aviak

i changed my everquest shortcut to be:

cmd.exe /C Start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

This does require that your EQ directory be in your path to work, but it forces the program to only use CPU 1 and solved all of my initial problems.

Credit does not go to me, I found it on eqemulator forums, just thought i would add it here for people who may not check there.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Mordachai,

where did you enter that? In the *Target pathway under the shortcut Properties?

I have awful problems with my game, and I was suggested, lots of things, which still havent brought a solution, but when I tried doing something like that, a) something happened and I couldnt even start the game at all, but then b) something in the path I think I fixed, or was strange, and the cmd part seemed to work, but then I kept getting an error that the location cant be found or something. Any ideas?

Would love to not be perma snared/lagged.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would also like to know how Mord did this.