Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Default Root resist?

I know it isn't just me, but did something change in a recent patch or something? I went from getting full duration roots and snares to now I am lucky if root sticks on a low db or high green(the mobs formerly know as LB)

What gives, are we now required to carry pocket enchanters/shammies? Also I noticed a higher resist rate on dots and charm as well, even with new spells.
Last edited by Seredoc; 07-05-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Paralyzing earth is a shadow of it's former self
Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Banned

have had zero issues landing paralyzing earth on dark blues for long enough durations that i can still root every mob on the way to a farm spot and then camp the aggro before it breaks

i get the feeling you are exaggerating at least a little bit
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

working as intended. read the last patch notes.

it is much more in line with the classic resist/break rate for root now.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
working as intended. read the last patch notes.

it is much more in line with the classic resist/break rate for root now.
Maybe.

Green level 10 mobs are now able to resist level 60 players on snares, roots, and dots. Maybe this happened on live, but it seems a bit odd.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, early breaks/flat resists on root as well as other spells on level 48 mobs that are malosini'd... Can't be classic.
Nuerotic Fish - 50 Ranger
Old 07-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe.

Green level 10 mobs are now able to resist level 60 players on snares, roots, and dots. Maybe this happened on live, but it seems a bit odd.
You act like you know classic, but if you really played you know that root is totally solo oriented here and not at all what it was. Back on VerantEQ dots had a good chance every tick to break, almost like a nuke - the way it is here is a concession to the need for soloers (or perceived need). Necros and shaman on live could not do half of what they can here solo- same with AOE chanter stuns etc - makes people here feel like they are totally awesome eq playerz - but it is a lie. When they wrote the scripts here they knew it was for low pop, so they made soloing easy -ALSO chanter charm here is waaay more reliable than live. This server is ez mode in several ways when it comes to concessions to solo classes. But if it makes you feel better about yourself and your mad skillz go ahead and believe what you want.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You act like you know classic, but if you really played you know that root is totally solo oriented here and not at all what it was. Back on VerantEQ dots had a good chance every tick to break, almost like a nuke - the way it is here is a concession to the need for soloers (or perceived need). Necros and shaman on live could not do half of what they can here solo- same with AOE chanter stuns etc - makes people here feel like they are totally awesome eq playerz - but it is a lie. When they wrote the scripts here they knew it was for low pop, so they made soloing easy -ALSO chanter charm here is waaay more reliable than live. This server is ez mode in several ways when it comes to concessions to solo classes. But if it makes you feel better about yourself and your mad skillz go ahead and believe what you want.
I'd love to see you back up your claim that DoTs should have a chance to break a root each tick they are active.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to see you back up your claim that DoTs should have a chance to break a root each tick they are active.
Chance to break is supposed to be upped proportionally to damage inflicted during the tick. However here it is limited to melee and initial nuke damage. This is wrong. That's why there is such an emphasis on snaring rootrotted mobs in the early 2000 data we have. If you think that the solo classes here operate under the same rules as back in 2000 you are just being willfully ignorant.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root's checks to break early occurred on the 6 second tick intervals. The dots had nothing to do with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread