Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

I guess it just seems like of the three dot-click epics its the weakest, unless I'm missing something.

All have a 9 second cast time.

Necro epic: 75/tick for 16 ticks + 65% snare. (1200 total damage)
This looks like a prettier version of cascading darkness, which is awesome because its such an expensive spell. Great for necros, who are awesome at both fear kiting and root rotting.

Sham epic: Splurt style dot. 1309 damage over 15 ticks.
This is awesome because its a free powerful dot that stacks with all of the rest of sham dots. Sham got a lot of other dots that complement this, which makes them root rotting gods.

Dru epic: 55/tick for 30 ticks + X% snare. 1650 total damage over 30 ticks.
This is a long duration darkness and is blocked by a spell that many druids cast immediately when soloing. At first glace, it appears to do the most damage of the 3 dot clicks, but it takes twice as long to do all of its damage. Necromancers can do ~2400 damage in the same time and Sham can do ~2600. Necromancers and Shaman also have a ton of great dots that they can use to back up their epic clicks. Necromancers have the additional option of fearing.

Seems like the druid epic lags a little behind. Sure its better than anything else druids get. Shaman would love to have a snare and Necros would love to have a longer snare. But druids already have an amazing snare.

Just seems kinda weird to give druids a darkness. We don't fear kite regularly, and if we did, we have a better snare for that. We also don't root rot much, and if we do, whats the snare for?

As far as something else that I think would be better, a modest MR debuff, clicky lightning blast, a self-rune like wizards, I think even rather have the necro click hehe.

Just seems like most of the other epics open doors by either giving new functionality or increasing the power and efficiency of the class's niche. Druid epic doesn't really fit that model, unless I'm just doing it wrong lol, which is totally possible.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Kobold

The snare from the epic actually slows the mob more iirc.... I'll check tonight, if I remember... I know Snare and Ensnare have diff %....
Old 12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Wrath of Nature
Decrease Movement by 11% (L1) to 62% (L52)
Decrease Hitpoints by 55 per tick

The snare component was removed in 2002 (Post-Luclin release) and the click became a pure damage dot.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

The druid epic clicky was mostly useless before the root and snare started stacking.

Right now, as Daldaen pointed out, it's pretty solid when soloing and maybe on some tough mobs (9 secs cast time it's too much for weak ones). Also, the snare effect in the druid epic click is MUCH less likely to be resisted on any mob.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned

If I could have a diff effect (barring unreasonable 32k aoe Lightning) I'd think I'd like a 2.5x regen, huge harm shield & maybe run speed self only buff. Yea that'd be like Mage pet fun.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Think about it this way for root rotting.

Epic + ES vambs = 88 damage / tick

That's like, almost the same average damage as the shaman epic. So if you are root rotting for xp or farming, just use your mana for roots, and root rot multiple mobs. Throw in a winged death if you are full on mana. When shamans root rot, they generally only spend mana on roots and malo, so do the same. At higher levels you can root rot spiders in DN for loot though.

Druid's don't often fear kite, since they only get animal fears, but you can aggro kite very efficiently with snares and animal charms. A -100mr snare with a solid damage tick is very nice for aggro kiting. It also allows you to kite some mobs like ice burrowers that are very magic resistant, as long as they don't summon. (i don't know if they fixed Tantor yet). They will resist several snares before you land one, even with a -110mr check (assuming you glamour of tunare first)

So yeah, it's different...but it's also the coolest looking of those epics, so keep that in mind.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

aggro kiting just using dots though results in the -33% movement penalty to dot ticks versus root/rotting.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

If you are short on animals to charm, or if you can't root rot the mob like an ice burrower, then you are better off aggro kiting. Most people encounter this the first time in EKarana when they want to kill spiders and the dogs don't have enough hps.
Closed Thread