Yes: Make TL boxes break on Damage 15 23.44%
No: Keep it how it is 39 60.94%
Make TL boxes break on Damage and make weeping wants have a cast time 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw it's fixable

What other suggestions oddly contingent on your recent experiences with Apex, current raid force, and play time do you have for us?
I LOLed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your real problem is the class you play cannot get attack the people who bound in strategic places allowing them have full use of their class. You expect people to let you beat on them give you the advantage.
Then I LOLed some more!
Old 05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Kobold

This thread screams of low t males bitching
Old 05-23-2017, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks get godly hp/resist/Regen/ac/FD/unresistable long stun proc and facesmasher+disc

Wizard gets unresistable nuke and TL box

Seems fine

Ragnarok coming back is like "TMO" coming here. They didnt bring what they used to have (Colgate for instance, a true gladiator). Good effort so far tho.
So so-called classic Nirgon is in support of non-classic bind spots?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Banned

Where did I mention bind spots

Don't get me started on the non classic stuff because no one wants to hear it
Old 05-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Banned

wasn't apex crying to suspend people like 3 weeks ago about them being bound on top of objects/ledges in ToV because it was "inaccessible" and "unfair"

eq is not a fixable game; there are so many glaring game design flaws that create nonstop whining from every side

plus there are all the unstoppable client hacks/exploits like freeport vision, duke tunnels, etc.

EQ loads assets on zoning

you cannot fix it

you either accept it for what it is and git gud or move onto games that aren't retardedly broken with horrible communities full of drug addicts and those with personality disorders

i would suggest the latter
Old 05-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem:

Players can currently bind in Velious INDOOR dungeons. This is not a classic mechanic.

Binding Guide 2001

Basically what we have right now is an issue where Velious is allowing players to bind themselves anywhere they want (except Kael, which has restrictions on binding outside of entrance areas). Players should only be able to bind in outdoor zones or in cities. However currently players on P99 can bind in indoor dungeons.

This is not classic and it poses an enormous balance issue. Indoor Velious dungeons should not allow players to bind in, caster or Melee with Locket. This means people on P99 can incorrectly bind in:
  • Tower of Frozen Shadow
  • Crystal Caverns
  • Velketor's Labryinth
  • Dragon Necropolis
  • Temple of Veeshan
  • Sleeper's Tomb

For the lower level zones this doesn't present too much of a balance concern. However in Velks, DN, ToV and ST you are able to do some ridiculous trains and pulls that weren't remotely possible in classic via using monks binding with lockets, Necros FDed with non-aggroed pets, instant gate potions and TL boxes. You can bind mages in safe spots in ToV or Velks or DN and gate to instantly set up CotH chains as well.

There is no evidence to suggest you could ever bind in any of these indoor Kunark or Velious zones. All posts about bind spots from classic refer to "behind Sontalak at ToV" or "outside of Sebilis". No one was binding inside these Kunark/Velious dungeons because it wasn't possible, and never has been on Live. Even today you cannot bind characters in these high end dungeons.

Evidence:

Halls of Testing Guide

EQClerics 2001 Bind Talk

EQClerics HoT Guide 2001

Allakhazam Zone Comments

I'll dig for more but everything here points to suggesting you could not bind inside. There isn't any reason everyone would bind outside when Sontalak could be trained on them when instead they could bind inside ToV in the safe entry room.

Indoor Kunark/Velious dungeons should all be flagged NO bind.

Solution:
  • Any player with a bind location in one of the above zones should have their bind location reset to East Commonlands (or some default safe zone).
  • Prevent any player from binding in these zones in the future.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Stopped half way when it was clear his lack of evidence was his evidence.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Large Rat

#crymoreragnarok

Btw how did vindi go last night? sucks not even being able to kill vindi
Old 05-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Georgie - I think Checkraise is quoting some other guy from 2015.

So, it's been this way for a while. Now it's a problem? Wonder why this wasn't being addressed when people were binding in ToV to help pulling.

Although.. I think if it was changed like that guy recommended no one would do NToV past Aary.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Evidence: a cleric bound outside behind sontalak, this must mean you can't bind inside. Not only were things not done optimally every first go around. But for the sole reason so you re not stuck in ToV really sells it for me