Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

I got some levels in a nice quiet spot in kunark. Just gotta know where to look.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 10-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Runnyeye and Paw only had 1-5 ppl in them most the weekend - don't all go crowd in Mistmoore.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Aviak

Not sure if troll or not? You're obviously going to have a bad time if you go to zones that are crowded anyway.

Also your puller just needs to learn2pull. I used to keep other groups on lock with minimal spawns because I'd have the timers on all the spawns so they never stood a chance.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

EQ is literally HUGE. I could understand your problem if there would be 3000 ppl online, but for 1500 its still very easy going... as long as you are not like a lemming going to the same old places over and over again.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

trick is to get off the beaten trail. take some of your friends and find a good exp spot in a zone that doesn't get population bombed on double exp weekends (i.e. stay out KC!).

going lfg for 5 hours to get into a KC grp that is fighting tooth and nail for mobs isn't going to net you any bonus exp most likely at the end of the night.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:54 AM
Banned

saw a group in TRAKS TEETH last night just absoluting smashing mobs. zero comptetion and hundreds to choose from.

have a little fucking imagination
Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Kobold

Thoughts for 25 monk solo? Tried SK, Cazic, Everfrost, Permafrost and all busy...I'm trying to avoid LOIO like the plague.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Did a crawl through Dalnir last night, think I saw 1 other person come in zone and do a CC but thats about it. Exp was great and we had a blast, really glad we decided to spend our right there rather than fighting over mobs in an overcrowded zone.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshade32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure some people will argue with me on this point but from what I saw and read in /ooc is a lot of the zones this weekend was a huge fail.

Why??

Let me put it to you this way. If I open a bar to sell drinks at regular price i'll get my average flow of customers and I supply enough to keep the demand. Now if on one weekend I advertise to half price on drinks and I keep the same supply whats going to happen? There will clearly not be enough for the demand and this is whats happened for this weekend.

Double experience great, but it has also drawn crowds and power levellers that NEED a bigger supply, some zones easily doubling their average weekend capacity. For example KC on average had 45 people in zone thats clearly too many to have enough mobs to keep people happy with the regular spawn times and trust me it wasnt, people were taking mobs left right and center.

A smart move would have been halving the normal mob respawn timers to keep up with the demand, leave the names how it was. If you have to fight over mobs and the spawns arent keeping up with demand it negates the double experience as youre getting a lot less mobs to kill.

TBH the only ones that benefitted from this weekend are the no lifers that played 24/7 and stayed in a camp spot. Also the fact that power levelling wasn't banned for the weekend was an absolute joke.

I hope the GMS learn from this so we don't have another fucked up double experience weekend.
i stopped reading when you used KC as an example... thats a hub zone for travel and a shitty exp zone.. like everyone said use some creativity in zone selection and do some exploring

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 10-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Half the spawn timers I just noticed that dumb shit. Make the staff go through a giant hassle because you can't search the wiki for another place to level?

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Closed Thread