Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrux Bcrux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just leveled my archery from about 40 - 160 in the last week, it was slow but not OMG I WANNA CRY AND QUIT slow.... Quitcha bitchin and go play the game
instead of attacking people like a this from behind your keyboard/monitor, if you don't have anything positive to add to the post, don't post.

so tired of all the forum warriors on here attempting to ruin it for everyone else. if you want to act like this go back to that blizzard game.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My skills are keeping up with my level just like they did on live. I picked up at 2hb around lvl 7 so catching up those skills were a pain but didn't seem any worse than normal. I played WoW for the las 6 years, so some aspects of Eq seemed extra difficult after coming back but I welcome the challenge compared to wows leveling process.
Nobody is comparing anything to WoW, most of us never played that game. What we are comparing is the incredible difference in the amount of time it takes weapons to skill up now compared to post April's patch. Most of us have several level 46+ characters on this server for the last few years... and we know something drastically changed last patch. So again we do not complain that EQ is too hard, we note that something broke last patch and the skill ups are coming in much, much slower even when compared to Kunark era on live.
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 06-05-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is comparing anything to WoW, most of us never played that game. What we are comparing is the incredible difference in the amount of time it takes weapons to skill up now compared to post April's patch. Most of us have several level 46+ characters on this server for the last few years... and we know something drastically changed last patch. So again we do not complain that EQ is too hard, we note that something broke last patch and the skill ups are coming in much, much slower even when compared to Kunark era on live.
I wasn't trying to imply that people thought it was too hard. I was just sharing my thought on the difference I felt when coming here ~ 8 months ago after playing WoW so long. I personally didn't notice a difference in skill ups but maybe that is because I took a break before the patch and no longer have my original character and I rerolled after patch. Sorry if I came off as arrogant with my post.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

i haven't logged on in a while...i'm waiting until the next patch so my lvl 35 monk can rock his epic =)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Aviak

The patching issue is driving away more people. The game has lost almost 100 people during prime time play in just the last month. Now it is around 325-375.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

How did you get them to report the reason they left to you?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Personally i recently started on P1999, wanting to play classic, after other games were lacking for me.

I ended up rolling a warrior, on top of that ikky. I ended up using the starter ikky warrior weapon which was something around 9/46. Although i admit weapon skill-ups came slow. I managed fine with a very slow 1 hander.

I'm now in my upper 20's and have obtained 2 lariets and a 2hander. i manage to keep my piercing/1hs/2hs all near max for my level.

What im saying is, its not that big of a deal. EQ wasn't ment to be easy; so what, its a little harder, that's like complaining about a new dent in a totaled car. If slow skill ups are causing you to quit, go play an easy solo class by yourself or leave.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofcups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally i recently started on P1999, wanting to play classic, after other games were lacking for me.

I ended up rolling a warrior, on top of that ikky. I ended up using the starter ikky warrior weapon which was something around 9/46. Although i admit weapon skill-ups came slow. I managed fine with a very slow 1 hander.

I'm now in my upper 20's and have obtained 2 lariets and a 2hander. i manage to keep my piercing/1hs/2hs all near max for my level.

What im saying is, its not that big of a deal. EQ wasn't ment to be easy; so what, its a little harder, that's like complaining about a new dent in a totaled car. If slow skill ups are causing you to quit, go play an easy solo class by yourself or leave.
I'm sorry that this is so difficult for you to understand.

Weapon-skills, as they are right now, have been acknowledged as a bug by the development staff. It's not a matter of "EQ is hard get over it." It's. A. Bug. The staff of the server says it's not working as intended.

And it's already been fixed. At this point, all we are asking is when they will patch to implement the fix onto the server.

I hope that this won't be so difficult for you to understand now.
Last edited by Grimmly Fireforge; 06-06-2012 at 10:57 PM..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I understand that its a bug, and there is already a fix that has yet to be implemented, but as people said above, the staff isn't paid, so they shouldn't need to jump to fix anything on your beck and call. What am saying is its not as groundbreaking as people say, infact its pretty easy to deal with.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofcups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that its a bug, and there is already a fix that has yet to be implemented, but as people said above, the staff isn't paid, so they shouldn't need to jump to fix anything on your beck and call. What am saying is its not as groundbreaking as people say, infact its pretty easy to deal with.
Yeah, except nobody is doing that. Calm your tits.
Closed Thread