Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Orc

Default Question about a few missing features on P99

Ok, so based on what I've seen from the forum community in my week of being on this server, I'm sure I'm going to get some flames for this. But I'm asking anyway for those that will actually respond constructively.

I notice some features missing from P99, and while I'm pretty sure that some of them were not around during the time era of Kunark / Velious, there are some features that just make sense, are useful, and do not really effect gameplay or the feel of the play that much.

First one, /corpsedrag. The command is there but it does not work. In some cases it performs a single corpse summon to you, but in others I've seen it not do anything. The only thing this does is prevent you from having to spam click a /corpse button. I don't really contribute spamming /corpse iconic to classic play, and I've been the primary CR for my groups / guilds since late in 99. Not to mention the corpse summoning on this server is just buggy and weird. The range of it is way shorter than I remember it being on live, and it feels just really laggy. Sometimes the corpse doesn't summon at all, sometimes it doesn't summon all the way to my feet, it's just weird. It makes me have to spam /corpse even more than I used to have to back in 99. So, why can't we implement /corpsedrag?

Second, multiple hotbar windows. I don't remember when this was added in live, but this is something else I really don't feel would detract from classic gameplay. Maybe they were added in Luclin when the new UI was originally implemented, but I can't think of any reason not to use them now. It merely prevents us from having to use the mouse or rotate hotbar windows as much.

Third, Auto consent options. They seem to do nothing on this server. I really don't see why these would not be implemented. These are again just a convenience so that you don't have to type /consent whomever and I really don't see where they detract from classic gameplay.

Fourth, mouse button binds. This one may be a titanium client limitation, I'm not sure. But for as long as I can remember I've had autorun bound to my mouse button 4. I cannot however make bindings to my mouse buttons on P99.

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of atm, these are just the ones I've noticed in the past week of playing on the server.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Kobold

I agree with corpse drag and auto consent. Don't see the difference.

You can get multiple hotbars by changing your UI. Check the tech forum.

Mouse binds don't bother me. I just bind the mouse button to some odd key like insert, then bind that in game.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

what

spamming a corpse hotkey to drag some assholes corpse through a dungeon is about as classic as it gets

stop smoking drugs
Old 02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Memory is a funny thing, I don't remember auto consent during Kunark and was using /corpse for my whole EQ career up to GoD :/
Old 02-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Kobold

If I'm not mistaken, in Velious some mobs will aggro you for dragging a corpse too close to them? This would be a good reason to maintain the old /corpse
Old 02-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really contribute spamming /corpse iconic to classic play, and I've been the primary CR for my groups / guilds since late in 99.
Maybe your memory is just bad. /corpse is classic as fuck.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He didn't say it wasn't a part of classic, he said it wasn't an ICONIC part of the classic experience - it doesn't make the experience feel any different.

Learn to read / comprehend?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

None of this was classic. Conclusion : its not "missing"
Old 02-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Banned

Well, /consent to fully loot corpse isn't here. So he's close.

Which is sad.

But probably isn't for a glaring CSR reason.

Not like people can be accountable for what's in trade windows let alone typing a command that lets another player FULLY LOOT THEM.
Closed Thread