Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Default Server split for blue?

Lets start off with my normal disclaimer. It wont work but I say it anyway. Keep your flaming crying and bitching rants to yourself or rnf. I dont care for your retarded childish diatribe.

I think the servers population is getting far too high. At a minimum twice what it should be. this environment is perfect for hard core power gamers. The population for you only means that you make a lot more money. But for casual gamers it means you have to farm gems and fs weapons twice as long. It means grouping in any spot where exp or loot is decent is impossible because it is taken by power levelers and farmers. I think a server split tailored to casual gamers (raid calenders would be a good start) would be a great addition. Now i realize this will never ever happen. Just wondering how many others feel the same way
Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets start off with my normal disclaimer. It wont work but I say it anyway. Keep your flaming crying and bitching rants to yourself or rnf. I dont care for your retarded childish diatribe.

I think the servers population is getting far too high. At a minimum twice what it should be. this environment is perfect for hard core power gamers. The population for you only means that you make a lot more money. But for casual gamers it means you have to farm gems and fs weapons twice as long. It means grouping in any spot where exp or loot is decent is impossible because it is taken by power levelers and farmers. I think a server split tailored to casual gamers (raid calenders would be a good start) would be a great addition. Now i realize this will never ever happen. Just wondering how many others feel the same way
A second blue progression server beginning with classic would be great for those players who didn't get the early start on blue prime. One if the reasons I rolled a red character was to experience the progression from release onward. PvP isn't much my style though. I think a beta blue server starting all over would be good for both types of players, casual and hard core, as well as lay the groundwork for what will happen when Velious begins to grow stale.

Beta Blue wouldn't require much effort since the coding for progression is already in place. I support this idea.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Kobold

I second this
Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Population should be 50-100% higher than it is right now, assuming the server will remain physically stable!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Aviak

A lot of people around is, dare I say it, classic. And is basically a miracle, and is awesome. Big fat no to this idea.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

I, personally, would love the chance to get in on the initial wave of a new start.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

I like the population the way it is. It's far better for leveling toons. Were you playing 6 or so months ago when the pop was 400 on its best nights? It sucked for leveling because most of that pop was 50+. Not to mention this pop is helping out our Euro and Asian friends a ton, because they have more folks on during their times too.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure they have intentions to release a true to schedule server once all the bugs and patches have been worked up and lined out.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Casuals who ask for a new start are just being naive.

Obviously a new server will attract hardcore players just like casuals, and while the casual masses are leveling at 1/4 the speed they do here because there are 400 of them below level 10 struggling to find anything at all to kill, all the while being without friendly high-levels to buff and offer handouts and sell mid-level gear at low prices, the hardcore players will have jumped ahead already and will proceed to monopolize the same camps that they already do on blue.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Also, even at prime time with 1k online, there are plenty of deserted or low pop zones, many that even have good loot to farm or fantastic ZEM. Sure, it's harder to farm seafuries, hbc's and fbss's, but Norrath is still a big place.
Closed Thread