Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is EXP lame compared to what you remember?
Yes 27 25.23%
No 55 51.40%
I don't care 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think XP gain is one of the core principles of a classic server, and should be as close to the original EQ as possible.
Paineel isn't original EQ, neither were chat channels, or translocators, but are necessary, so can we quit bringing up the Original EQ argument, plz?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel isn't original EQ, neither were chat channels, or translocators, but are necessary, so can we quit bringing up the Original EQ argument, plz?
Can you stop being ignorant. How can you expect Original EQ NOT to be an argument on a classic server?

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Kobold

It seems faster then what I remember
Old 10-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Skeleton

Smile

I answered no even though it seems a little slower to me but I am playing a XP penialized race or class or both so i think I am getting either 20% or 40% slower than the human monk I played in the original game. Either way, I should have answered "I don't care" because I'm just glad this game is back.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Well, they fixed the blue exp. Weeks ago going from 2-4 was pure horror.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

in my experiance, the exp gain is must faster. But i would contribute this to my knowledge of the game not the code. Back in 1999, i was a super noob, i died ALOT, i didn't know about super exp dungens like Sol A (i have never even been to Sol A until i played on Project 1999). Back in the day, during my 20s, i was in Lake Rathre, soloing getting crap exp, then dieing cause i was a dumb ass. Now, im getting insane exp in Sol A, chain pulling shit, getting great loot, crazy exp, not dieing (this is the key to fast exp gains!).

For me, i think the exp is too fast, so much that i created a alt to play around with.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

For example - I'm sitting here in an upper guk group... we have three level 24's, a level 28, and two level 25's.

After clearing for a rotation, the level 24's have gotten 2.5 blue each, the level 25's have gotten less than a full blue, and the level 28 doesn't know, he thinks between 1 and 2 blue.

Something is definitely wrong with how exp is divided.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

At this current point in time... we have been camping Ghoulbane for close to 10 hours....

We started, and the human cleric was half way through 24, and I was 3 blue into 25.. now hours and hours later, I am half a blue to 27, and the cleric is 1 blue to 27. Strange?

Oh and the paladin was 17 blue through 26 , now he is 8b into 27.

So I'm getting a little bit more xp than the Paladin, but a lot LESS than the cleric?
Last edited by Goobles; 10-27-2009 at 02:34 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I amend my earlier post; while I still think the leveling speed feels high relative to my memory, it seems restricted to specific areas. Sol A, in particular, seems to have an extremely high experience modifier. I gain more experience for a blue kill there than a yellow or red in other dungeons I've been to. Perhaps someone made a typo and added a zero to the ZEM by accident? 10 hours in Guk, on the other hand, netted me experience gains at about the rate I expected.

------------------------------------------------------

That being said, there might be something funny going on with group XP division.

Goobles made a slight typo. I was 17 blue through 25 when we started, not 26. When we got finished, I was an orange and a half (8b) or so into 27 and Goobles was very nearly at exactly 27. In a group that spent approx. 10 hours fighting, his mage gained on me from 14 blues behind, to about 8.5 or 9 blues behind. The Cleric (my wife), who was a hair *farther* behind Goobles than he was behind me--pulled dead even with him by the end of the night. All three of us were in the same group fighting the same mobs.

This is interesting due to our classes. I play a Paladin, which should have a 40% penalty. Goobles' mage should have a 10% penalty, while the Cleric should have normal exp gain. The Cleric gained on the Mage at a faster rate than the Mage gained on the Paladin, even when she was equal level to the Mage (ie, when they were both 25 and 26). The particularly odd part was seeing Goobles make less experience than other INT casters, both higher- and lower- level than him.

Danth
Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The particularly odd part was seeing Goobles make less experience than other INT casters, both higher- and lower- level than him.
He is secretly an Iksar!
Closed Thread