Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

google "darkoor cyber mistell"

ah yes, those were the days. viral before viral became a thing.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Dropping a trail of gold pieces around qeynos that lead into the guard house. When newbies would pick up all the coins, my friend (invisible ogre) would block the door. Great times. Sometimes they would freak out and attack the guards...so we'd apologize and give them a few plat.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

shootin the shit while selling wares in ec. played on prexus and lagged so bad on my 56k that i'd park at t3 and face the wall. start selling then chatting with everyone around or in ooc. that's tied with a hilarious sarnak fort group i was in for for 4or5 hours, we had the whole fort to ourselves, and a druid that was killing bloodgils would buff us every now and then.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tolkien, that was the best fuckin read i've had in a looong time. so glad i clicked that.
Haha I know right! I wonder what that guy is doing now. That was such an epic failure. I actually posted a few times in that thread, but the Word doc is an edited version of it. It was actually much bigger on the boards.
Last edited by t0lkien; 06-20-2013 at 11:07 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Long ago me and a pal rolled gnome wizards. We lvled to 8 and then proceeded to kill elves in gfay. We happened upon a tree that only gnomes could crawl into. It was big enough so that elves couldn't attack us once inside of it. At that time a lvl 8 wizard could kill a lvl 1 in a single spell. So we would kill as many as we could and then run to that tree and slowly pick off the gang of elves trying to kill us. The comments in shout were by far the most rewarding thing I have ever felt.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Fondest memory in EQ was completing my ranger epics while in a small, casual guild thru help from one of the top 3 raiding guilds on Prexus. Unfortunately that will never be replicated on P99.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 06-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Aviak

One of my fondest memories was hide/sneaking on my halfling rogue through the temple of solusek ro during part of the burning rapier quest and hesitating to do the turn in for fear of being KoS. think i sat there for like 10 minutes before i actually sacked-up and took hide off haha. The fear of being in an unfamiliar area and actually having consequences to dying other than maybe losing a little xp was something no other mmorpg has. EQ made dying actually scary, which only added to the immersion.

Another favorite moment would have to be starting a guild with my brother and a friend that only allowed dwarves, halflings, and gnomes. Think it was just called Short People (we were very creative at 12 years old haha), but gathering up the people while we waited for GM's to approve the charter was a blast.

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 06-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabdel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my fondest memories was hide/sneaking on my halfling rogue through the temple of solusek ro during part of the burning rapier quest and hesitating to do the turn in for fear of being KoS. think i sat there for like 10 minutes before i actually sacked-up and took hide off haha. The fear of being in an unfamiliar area and actually having consequences to dying other than maybe losing a little xp was something no other mmorpg has. EQ made dying actually scary, which only added to the immersion.

Another favorite moment would have to be starting a guild with my brother and a friend that only allowed dwarves, halflings, and gnomes. Think it was just called Short People (we were very creative at 12 years old haha), but gathering up the people while we waited for GM's to approve the charter was a blast.
Yeah that is one thing that I love/hate about EQ that no other game had. Actually made you think about your decisions instead of just saying "ehh, if I die I'll just run back and try again since I won't lose any gear or exp."

"You have lost experience, you are now Level ...."
Old 06-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

I had a ranger before Kunark was ever released. There are several milestones that I still remember:

-Completing the quest for my Short Sword of Morin.
-Trading in my SSoM to finally dual-wield Electrum Bladed Wakizashis. I thought I was a DPS machine (before we called it DPS).
-Completing my Green Ivy Tunic quest.
-My first trip to PoF.

And basically, the newness of everything. Not knowing what anything was or what to do our how things interacted yet.

I remember travelling from Qeynos to Freeport for the first time. I made it to WC and happened up on a Troll SK and Necro killing the FP guards. I was genuinely scared. I didn't know players could kill guards. I didn't know that these were players. I hid behind a building and watched them for a bit and when I thought they weren't looking, I bolted.

Can't relive something like that.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Last edited by Aaron; 06-21-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that is one thing that I love/hate about EQ that no other game had. Actually made you think about your decisions instead of just saying "ehh, if I die I'll just run back and try again since I won't lose any gear or exp."

"You have lost experience, you are now Level ...."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Closed Thread