Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Kobold

My ideal setup would be:

Warrior - Solid Tank
Cleric - Solid Healer w/Rez HP Buffs
Bard - Lull/Mez/Mana Song/Heal Song/Selo's/Group Invis/Group Buffs, etc.
Mage - Amazing DPS/Pet OT, Mod Rods
Druid - Ports, backup heals, snare, DPS, root, etc.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Kobold

Here would be my suggestion for a great 5 man dungeon crawling group, for whatever it's worth to you. It really depends on the type of players you guys are though, so I split it up into two separate groups.

Casual gamers:
SK/Paladin
Cleric
Enchanter
Mage
Wizard/Rogue or Druid

More hardcore gamers, looking to join a raid guild:
Warrior
Cleric
Bard
Wizard
Shaman/Druid

Again, that just my two cents. But after all, it really comes down to whatever *you* want to play.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think we decided on something like this:

Tank (not sure what kind yet, suggestions?)
Bard
Cleric
Wizard
Rogue

The Wizard and the Rogue are very flexible and said they didnt care what they played. Also I felt a Bard would be more versatile than an Enchanter but wasn't sure if an Enchanter would make THAT much of a difference with superior CC.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Bard is where its at. And really you guys are fine with any set up. 4 of anything + 1 healer could take down anything. Just play what you will stick with and enjoy the classic experience! BTW...

Welcome to the server!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabkorik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we decided on something like this:

Tank (not sure what kind yet, suggestions?)
Bard
Cleric
Wizard
Rogue
With that set up _unless_ you take a warrior, your tank will be behind the curve due to exp penalty. You also don't have a heck of a lot of party buffs, but that's less of a big deal.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Best 5 man set up:
mage
mage
mage
mage
mage

But if you are going to do the route you said, get an SK for sure. Best tanks for groups hands down.

Also, since the wizard is flexible I would have him go mage instead. Alot higher dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that set up _unless_ you take a warrior, your tank will be behind the curve due to exp penalty. You also don't have a heck of a lot of party buffs, but that's less of a big deal.
And true... didn't think of that. Also bard will have a bit of an xp penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard would have to wait to nuke until like 50%
Shouldn't they do this anyway? Let the mana free dps take care of it. Nothing annoys me worse than a wizard that's click happy and oom every other pull. I mean, really a wizard should toss in its one hammer nuke at 30-40% and take a seat. Now in a bad pull where lives are at stake, hell yeah having a wizzy unload is godly and group saving, but no need to blast every pull to pieces. A good wizzy will contain themselves unless it's an emergency. Just my 2 bits.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabkorik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the thought of this but I want to be able to do some group content (dungeons) and not have our experience downplayed by lack of a certain role.
there is absolutley Z E R O content you cant do with 4 mages and 1 cleric ... its basicly ripping trought every zone there is ... air pets come close to good equiped rogues DPS wise in classic ... the damage shields, best healer / HP buffer in game ...

hands down, you could do anything with that, there is no content excistant yet that you couldnt bring down with that ... besides death touching mobs because you will run out of people before the 32k hp are up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (DTs hit the owner, not the pet)

it would be boring as heck thou, i would stick to a real group like you are planing to ...

warrior is awesome, a bit weak on agro holding in classic, only fixable with highend gear ... and the only true mana efficient raid tank, and even more so in kunark when defensive discipline is released ...

SK is a great agro holder, and for groups acceptable tank... but as raid tank ... nuh uh >< takes so much mana to keep those up ... you wont belive it ...

Paly good tank, also not so bad in holding agro when healing him self a bit / blinding / stunning mobs, all 3 good agro generators ... also rezing is a nice side effect, but will only become "good" once kunark is released since 90% rez is a lvl 59 paly spell ...

if you wanna tank on raids ever, go for a warrior ... if you wanna do group content, and participate in raids etc. pick what you like best ...
Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

oh forgot to add ... i realy like the rogue in your setup ...

a) very good scout, almost nothing can see trought stealth
b) very good for CRs, again, almost nothing can see trought sneak / hide ..
c) very good DPS, and the only DPS besides monk that can reduce the agro on them with a skill (rogues sneak / hide out of combat to reduce theyr hate, monks FD) even wizards need to wait till kunark for concussion ...
Closed Thread