Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regrowth -15 hp a tick
Fungi Tunic - 15 hp a tick

So at 60 for a ikky/troll shaman sitting is 48 hp a tick(42 a tick standing)... without torpor!

With torpor/regen/fungi; for ikky/troll that is 342 a tick standing versus barb/ogre 334 a tick standing. so for ikky/troll thats an extra 32-40 hp per torpor cast

Torpor Standing:
ikky/troll hp to mana: 8.55 hp per mana spent (1710 HP)
barb/ogre hp to mana: 8.35 hp per mana spent (1670 HP)

Torpor Sitting:
ikky/troll hp to mana: 8.7 hp per mana spent (1740 HP)
barb/ogre hp to mana: 8.425 hp per mana spent (1685 HP)

so for every 42 torpors, you get 1 extra torpors worth of hp as an ikky/troll versus ogre/barb.

started this post to defend ikky shammies (and troll) in how valuable regen is even at 60. ended post with f it, all shammies are awesome

side note. i also am a 60 cleric and love celestial elixir (clerics torpor 1200 hp over 4 ticks @ 300 mana cost with no slow/snare effect). Just realized torpor is more mana efficient than CE. Thats pretty cool.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Aviak

Played an Iksar Shaman to 65 on Al'Kabor. Gotta say I really liked the regen. Never cared about the JBB, but had my epic. I was pretty casual as a player too and it fit my style. Looked awesome as well. IDK, it sounds like they're all pretty even with gear and spells, just easier to get through the early levels with no gear as an Iksar (maybe troll?) IMO.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

For power gamers, I think ogre, thanks to the no frontal stun, is pretty much the undisputed champ. The greatest risk in killing something that takes a while: having slow break when you are at 60% life and can't get off a cast of EITHER torpor or slow due to stuns.

I have never had a JBB and have only ever wanted one when there were two shamans in the group.

And Anakarias: 'ware lest ye fly to close to the sun.
Ikkorous Project | IKSAR SHAMAN!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Getting stunned from the front really isn't that common. You get interrupted from push far more often than stun.

Turgur's is a 6~ min timer. Just don't let it end, it's not that tough to start refreshing slow 4-4.5min in to make sure it never ends.

Really, there is nothing an ogre shaman can do that an iksar can't as far as solo kills go.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And Anakarias: 'ware lest ye fly to close to the sun.
Ikkorous Project | IKSAR SHAMAN!
judging by my corpses being everywhere... i fly too close way too often
Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting stunned from the front really isn't that common. You get interrupted from push far more often than stun.

Turgur's is a 6~ min timer. Just don't let it end, it's not that tough to start refreshing slow 4-4.5min in to make sure it never ends.

Really, there is nothing an ogre shaman can do that an iksar can't as far as solo kills go.
Don't get me wrong, all the shaman's are fine and viable but when you have two summoning FGs hitting you in the face and you're killing them at the same time, frontal stun is huge and it is a problem often.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Frontal stun puts all the min/max'rs brain muscles in overload. It's not a stat and you can't parse it. It's just awesome.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frontal stun puts all the min/max'rs brain muscles in overload. It's not a stat and you can't parse it. It's just awesome.
Bingo... But seriously JBB+BarbSpiritHammer+epic+pet = insane free dps... Theres a reason people played Barb Shamans in Classic---Velious
Last edited by coki; 03-29-2014 at 05:27 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure if anyone actually read my posts, ive played troll, ogre and barb to 60. Hell, my ogre I leveled 1-60 on the RED server which is even better sample to draw from. The frontal stun immunity is basically a waste on a shaman...you will never NEED it, ever (well that is, if you are smart).

the shaman best of the best winner wasn't an ogre, it was a troll....

regen is KING, troll/iksar regen is active ALWAYS, frontal stun immunity will kick in in less than .01% of your shaman's play time...which is better, an effect that is ALWAYS active or one that is hardly ever put to use?

regen helps you level faster, regen helps you can for more magic to give buffs, it's just way more of a better trait to have than frontal stun immunity....for a shaman

keep in mind, i leveled and played an ogre shaman 1-60 on Red, owned several troll shamas 50+ and a 60 barb shaman on blue

that said i rank shamans as troll, ogre, barb, iksar (the JBB is such a powerful tool that I wouldnt play a shaman without it...it's just super convenient when farming and stuff)
Last edited by skorge; 04-03-2014 at 11:15 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Banned

Nobody likes Barbarians for Shaman?
Closed Thread