Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Sericx and boyfriends, douchebags that enjoy training people

I decided to check out Paw since I never had much experience there, just to see if I could solo the zone trash since the spires outside were camped at the time. So I move a little ways in and send my pet to attack a pair of blue con gnolls that are in the way.

All of the sudden a red con monk (I was level 33) runs over and just KSes both of them, doesn't say anything and runs off. I thought "okay, that was pretty dickish." Nothing was said between either of us, so I decided I'd just move farther in and see if there's an area I might be able to solo at, I had heard something about snakes earlier. I go a little ways in and a mob spawns almost right on top of me, so of course it aggros, not much I can do about that.

Then this monk Sericx runs over again and KSes it, (I don't really care so much about that part as I didn't intend to pull it in the first place). Then he says "ever heard of the word... camped?" I found this rude since he hadn't said anything prior, so I replied "Ever hear they block the fucking way in prick."

At this point he was already running off passed me, so I figured it didn't matter to much since I'd probably just leave soon if I couldn't find a decent spot to mess around at, but within 15 seconds he drags about 5 gnolls and feigns them at my feet, training the crap out of me and killing me in the process.

After zoning into my bind point I send him a tell saying "So now you're going to train me, so I can't even enter the zone, what the hell is wrong with you? I've been in the zone for like 3 minutes just to check it out and you just start training? That's fucked up." No reply.

So I zone in, invis up, and drag my corpse and loot it, then go over to the area where he's pulling them. There are 3 people there; him, some 50 shaman named Klima, and some asshole they're apparently powerleveling named Catac. I say "Nice to know who the douchebags on this server are."

Sericx then sends me a tell saying "shut up noob... you don't have the faintest clue about this server" and then we have a back and forth that was mostly just garbage and him trying to justify his position by saying something about how I should have called a camp check, since I guess not calling a camp check means you should get the shit trained out of you when you've barely even entered the zone.

I've only been playing on this server for a little over a week, and my mage is my only real character so far, but if this is the kind of mentality that players on this server have, then this is probably one of the only games where the community is essentially the worst of WoW's community concentrated in one spot. I'm hoping this is not the case, but so far I have not seen different. I played on live for 5 years and was rarely ever intentionally trained because people actually gave a shit about their reputations.

tl;dr version

Asshole monk named Sericx trains the shit out of me on purpose for no reason after I was in Splitpaw for less than 5 minutes while he's powerleveling his dickholder Catac with his boyfriend Klima.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately it's hard to lay down the law against FD trainers. The best you can do is just make a list of them and hope they get blackballed.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Banned

Sericx is just mad cause I've trained his crew in the past and it's simple transference.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds to me like you need to learn how to communicate. The first thing that came out of your mouth was rude. How about sending a tell asking, "Are you camping these? I'm just trying to get through here." That's much nicer than "Ever hear they block the fucking way in prick."

I don't really feel sorry for you. You never even gave anybody a change to be civil in the first place.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately, dickheads are everywhere. Keep your chin up, not everyone is that bad.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds to me like you need to learn how to communicate. The first thing that came out of your mouth was rude. How about sending a tell asking, "Are you camping these? I'm just trying to get through here." That's much nicer than "Ever hear they block the fucking way in prick."

I don't really feel sorry for you. You never even gave anybody a change to be civil in the first place.
You make a good point but present day MMO's instill a level of acceptable asshole behavior. I myself over the years have become increasingly aggressive and easily irritated due to the shit one must endure in game. The outcome is a negative personality where I often do shit I regret.

It's like fundamental attribution error. You're at a stop light and the road is icy. Some other car tries to stop when the light turns yellow but instead slides through the intersection.

You think to yourself "What a fucking dickhead. Guy shouldn't be allowed to drive." But when you come to the next intersection you yourself slide through the intersection when you try to stop, but you think "Oh shit. Someone needs to get out here and salt / plow these roads. It's dangerous!"

One bad apple invokes a level of distrust for other people depending on certain scenarios. It's not right. But it does happen. Myself Included.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

unless you can FD too I wouldn't suggest being rude even if they are being rude. You could have just replied something like "sorry" or just left. but your response angered him just as you intended it to so his retort was with mobs instead of words.

not justifying his actions in any way, sounds like a total dickhead, but you could have avoided it.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At this point he had already KSed three mobs from me without saying anything then made a rude comment. Sorry, I was a little annoyed by that point. I don't see how any of this suddenly makes it alright for someone to intentionally train me and cause my death. Because what, he thought I had stolen a couple of mobs from him when I was barely even into the zone?

Note that he was ALREADY in the process of gathering mobs to train me before I had even typed out that comment and probably wasn't even in range to hear it. I guess he shouldn't need to communicate either, because intentional trains are fine here. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

i just generally avoid assholes and dont respond to them or keep "feeding" them so to speak and i have never been trained or harassed on this server. You can tell when someone if going to be a jerk real quick and at that point you should either drop it and leave them be or go down to their lvl and be a jerk too but then you get into a jerk off....and FD classes usually win a jerk off
Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Ever hear they block the fucking way in prick."
If these were the first words out of your mouth I honestly wouldn't care what you did, said, or felt you were entitled to.

Learn how to talk to people, and you might have an easier time. I say cheers to Sericx for e-slapping you like you deserved.
Closed Thread