Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Kobold

Default Druids in west commonlands have incorrect loot table

The two -ranger- spawns at the WC druid ring, Ceel Moonwhisper and Shadow Treebright, do not drop fine steel weapons and bow/arrows as they did originally. They also do not appear to be dropping as many gems as I would expect. There's a post from Jan 2001 stating this.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=322

Also, Guard Valon at the tollbooth isn't even dropping any coin, and when you kill either Guard Valon or Colin, even if they are holding a sword/axe/whatever, they don't drop anything.
Last edited by Sponge; 02-24-2010 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: rangers!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Kobold

druids cant use bows so im assuming you mean rangers. though one can spawn as a druid.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Kobold

yeah my bad, rangers, just so used to everyone calling them druids.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Project Manager

I think these guys were actually druids. The showeq spawn log + comments on everlore.com support this.

The comments also suggest they were expecting to be fighting rangers, due to them wielding swords, but were getting hit with druid spells. Could have been ranger class npcs with a druid spellset.

Anyone know more about this?
Old 02-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think these guys were actually druids. The showeq spawn log + comments on everlore.com support this.

The comments also suggest they were expecting to be fighting rangers, due to them wielding swords, but were getting hit with druid spells. Could have been ranger class npcs with a druid spellset.

Anyone know more about this?
Don't rangers have druid spells?
Old 02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Project Manager

Waybackmachine isn't working for me atm. The comments were like..

"this level ranger would be nuking for 40, but instead I was getting nuked for 170! wtf" etc.

Will post when I can see the information again.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Level 37 ranger spell:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=419

Now.. if he's a lvl 30 mob, 170 dmg nukes seems high for a ranger.

However, a lvl 30 druid would be nuking for...
180ish:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=217
170ish:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1439

So it does seem very realistic for it to be a lvl 30 druid mob.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

They will now be rangers.. with druid spellsets. That is the only explanation I have. Research somewhat confirmed it.

Fixed their loot.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Default Rangers/Druids in EC/WC

Back in the day I used to solo the rangers/druids in East and West Commons on a regular basis, and from what I remember, they dropped anywhere from 1-5pp, a longbow, and a few arrows every kill. Plus they would drop fine steel weps, and gems like Topazes, Pearls, Ivories, and Jades almost every other kill...I started playing just when velious was launched, and never played live EQ before any expansions, but I'm pretty sure this is how these mobs always were.

I just started fighting them today on here... for the most part Ive been killing one spawn in WC, and either Shadow Treebright or Sil Silverstar spawns, and seems the most they drop is 1pp and a few gold, they don't drop any bows/arrows, (only one thats dropped a bow is one in EC), only gem drops Ive gotten out of about 15 kills is a bloodstone and a topaz, and only fine steel weps only seem to drop off of one of the rangers (Shadow Treebright). I killed one in EC, and it didn't drop anything at all.

Also, one of the druids (Cei Sunjumper in WC) isnt assisting when I pull, though Im pretty sure this is normal, as she is on different faction. The exp on these guys at 37 seems kinda sucky as well, and doesen't seem to be going nearly as fast as it did in live, but as I said I started playing around Velious, and i'm sure by then an adjustment or 2 was made with exp gain.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Kobold

These Druids (mainly Ceel Moonwhisper) are over powered on P99. These guys were camped heavily in classic and I hardly ever see anyone killing them here. I now know why. My 34 Shaman and a friends 31 Mage had no trouble breaking the spawn as long as Ceel Moonwhisper was not up. If he was up then forget it. If he re popped solo he was a hard kill. All out DPS with Shaman pet and Mage fire pet and this guy can frequently run us OOM or worse. He nukes hard and heals himself too easily all while beating you senseless.
Closed Thread