Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default Custom rant

Custom fixes!! *sigh..

Druid :
* root overides snare??
Alot of times on a druid i run mobs around snared while they die to dots., then i discovered
(actually reminded,. i remember the patch notes but forgot until now)
that a rooted mob takes 1/3 more dmg then a snared one.
so hes rooted, now hes dotted.. cast snare so when root breaks i can refresh everything
doesnt hold.. doesnt hold... wtf?? (root breaks) snared.. cast root.. your snare spell has worn off

I remember back in the day root-rotting (before i was mana conscious)
but is this spose to happen until ensnare?? i dont recall...
or was this a blue thing possibly? lol cuz i remember snareing/rooting people and mobs on a druid during kunark on VZ
and dont remember this ever being an issue.

* Druid duo's:
They can duo and group right? i know our own dots dont stack.
but iirc this was fixed for raid purposes, so just lookin for clarification

So all this is just my opinion, but to me. the server is starting to get that custom feeling

Pet taunts not working correctly (not talking chain petting) coupled with druid disabilities..
stopped playing the 10 chanter / 25 mage that i used to play on when friends arent online
because solo'in anything with a pet at low levels is a PITA that i dont feel like mowing thru if it isnt a main.

I understand the dot nerfs on moving targets (like snare) to counter the bards swarm abilities. (which was classic and ridiculous lol)
So.. on a snared or moving mob my dots only do 2/3 the damage they do if the mob is rooted
making root-dot the preferred method to solo for druid until you can quad at higher levels.
(yes, you have the ablility to quad at lower levels, but who does that??)
so out goes kiting things around for mana preservation, and basically turning druids into shamans
ok maybe not, +1 to shamans who will be picked up first by a group if a shaman/druid of the same level are LFG
but strictly in the sense of solo grinding xp as they can stack more dots (pois/dis) on a rooted mob.

I mean playing these classes is doable ie, low mages/chanters/druids
but none of the above reminds me of classic (i know its emulated and private, but the server does strive for a classic feel)
Im still going to play the classes and adapt so im not asking for things to be easier.

is any of this working as intended??

And even tho im bitchin a little. just want to say i still love the server and appreciate all the hard work the devs have put into it
Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So all this is just my opinion, but to me. the server is starting to get that custom feeling
maybe i should rephrase this.. some "Classes" are starting to feel custom. server is fine
Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Druids working as intended based on the timeline of Everquest: The Ruins of Kunark.

Pets seem a bit off in their ability to taunt but that's about it.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids working as intended based on the timeline of Everquest: The Ruins of Kunark.

so root always breaks snare?
does ensnare stack with root later then? funny i dont recall any of this but ok maybe i just opted for snare only for pvp and less NPC deaths
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

It does later.

Originally there was no differentiation between root and snare attribute modifier. They were both movement. Some roots still have the movement -10000% attribute if you look through the spells. It wasn't until velious that they introduced the new effect attribute of root that it was possible. Right now, sow snare and root are essentially identical for stacking purposes.

As far as pet taunt is concerned, pet aggro, bard swarm kiting, and tank threat are all pretty much operating with bandaids on them if at all. One of the original projects I had slated was a threat calculation overhaul, but doing that correctly would take at least a full month, and it's been 'good enough' that getting the content out has taken priority.

Dot stacking is working correctly. There might be an odd stacking issue here or there, but that's another velious change. You could find the answers to all of these questions in patch notes.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php
Last edited by Uthgaard; 07-20-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, pets are fubar.

It's like they generate the absolute minimum aggro. Earth pet roots mob 10 times, the mob is still pissed at me for my 5dmg nuke? right.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth pet roots mob 10 times, the mob is still pissed at me for my 5dmg nuke? right.
If I nuked for 5 damage I would be ticked at more than just pets...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Yes, my mage can only nuke for 5dmg. He is that terrible of a character.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does later.

Originally there was no differentiation between root and snare attribute modifier. They were both movement. Some roots still have the movement -10000% attribute if you look through the spells. It wasn't until velious that they introduced the new effect attribute of root that it was possible. Right now, sow snare and root are essentially identical for stacking purposes.

As far as pet taunt is concerned, pet aggro, bard swarm kiting, and tank threat are all pretty much operating with bandaids on them if at all. One of the original projects I had slated was a threat calculation overhaul, but doing that correctly would take at least a full month, and it's been 'good enough' that getting the content out has taken priority.

Dot stacking is working correctly. There might be an odd stacking issue here or there, but that's another velious change. You could find the answers to all of these questions in patch notes.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php
oh my lord, I love shit like this website. More to read!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

whoever did the "thanks for cher" tag, illy