Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-25-2024, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a merger means no staff can do the CSR job and still be able to play the game.
I see your point, although technically if they started a new Green staff could choose to CSR there and keep playing their old Green characters on Blue
Old 04-25-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

a merger means no staff can do the CSR job and still be able to play the game.
they can play on red
Old 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole point of Green was to merge with Blue at the end of its timeline.

And sure, it seems like they can't make a new Green and continue on again, but it's weird that the devs and the players bought into that fantasy of wanting to recreate the same pool after this game had like 8 years of Kunark

Even weirder they didn't predict the idea of people re-using character names for the new server, and all the problems that THAT brings
Just keep slapping an ‘x’ on the end of the duplicate name until it is unique and permit a free name change.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-25-2024, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? Did you miss the part years ago where they said there is?
So far as I know, they just had a conversation and agreed to certain terms, but nothing was on paper, written in stone.

Sony doesn't own the EQ IP anymore, and now it would be Darkpaw's prerogative to either honour that verbal contract (or a written one, if such a thing exists) or to not do that, and apparently Darkpaw has said outright they don't care about p99 so long as they don't start another server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep slapping an ‘x’ on the end of the duplicate name until it is unique and permit a free name change.
That's gonna be a lot of fun for the couple CSR people to have to do that for 800-1200 people every 2 years when the server rolls over and starts again.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far as I know, they just had a conversation and agreed to certain terms, but nothing was on paper, written in stone.

Sony doesn't own the EQ IP anymore, and now it would be Darkpaw's prerogative to either honour that verbal contract (or a written one, if such a thing exists) or to not do that, and apparently Darkpaw has said outright they don't care about p99 so long as they don't start another server..
Do we have a link to either of these? The statement that P99 made a deal with whoever, and whatever Darkpaw games said with regard to P99? People keep talking about it, but I find it hard to believe them because I don’t know the source.

Quote:
That's gonna be a lot of fun for the couple CSR people to have to do that for 800-1200 people every 2 years when the server rolls over and starts again.
If it’s any reassurance, they won’t have to do that manually. I’m sure there’s some process by which that can be automated.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we have a link to either of these?
Nope, but I'm in the same boat as you where I don't really know either way, so I go with "verbal agreement" over "they had their lawyers draw up some paperwork."
Quote:
If it’s any reassurance, they won’t have to do that manually. I’m sure there’s some process by which that can be automated.
I'm sure, but do you know that?
Old 04-25-2024, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

No [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2024, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we have a link to either of these? The statement that P99 made a deal with whoever, and whatever Darkpaw games said with regard to P99?
Here you go,

Quote:
We have recently entered into a written agreement with Daybreak Game Company LLC that formally recognizes Project 1999 as a fan based, not-for-profit, classic EverQuest emulation project. The agreement establishes the guidelines that we as a project must follow, but it will allow to us continue to update the game without risk of legal repercussions.
https://www.everquest.com/news/project-1999-daybreak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=191146

So what, if, and when P99 does anything is determined by what daybreak is currently doing. to get a frame of reference, check daybreak's EQ roadmap

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-roadmap-2024
Last edited by Trexller; 04-27-2024 at 01:19 PM..
Old 04-27-2024, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

Darkpaw Games are now the owners of the EQ IP.

Do you think Daybreak prioritized including their agreement with p99 when they sold it, or do you think they didn't give a shit, and Darkpaw has no reason to honour any contract the prior company had?

I saw the quote where Darkpaw said so long as p99 doesn't make any more servers, they don't much care what they do, and that's pretty much where we're at.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Darkpaw is only a division of daybreak

Just their latest attempt to squeeze blood from a stone
Last edited by Trexller; 04-27-2024 at 08:53 PM..