Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

No I mean in classic eq, if you had no items on you and you were killed your body decayed in 3 mins. This was one of the biggest barriers for VP and why it was so hard.

Unsure when they removed it, but 3 mins no items= no exp res due to body decay.

This is why people went to banks to get copper for CRs. Fear Wipes/res in resulted in mass exp loss due to decays. etc etc
Old 01-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

confirmed 3 min rot if naked corpse

i lost 3 corpses in a very classic Naggy raid bc i kept goin back in to locate my corpse which wouldnt b where i died and then died again

each one was naked, i learned that night this lesson

<3 Turmoil warts
Old 01-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

I always thought it was retarded that corpse didnt decay faster when you were online. I alway remembered it this way...even below level 6...3 hours to res, 24 to loot if online 1 week if offline. Might be hard to code in, but it will change how PoSky is done too lol...
Old 01-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

before put in alot of work and make alot of changes lets check the patch notes like:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html
"Naked PC corpses that have experience and are above level 30 will now last 3 hours instead of 3 minutes."

changing it to 3 mins would just mean need to change it back to 3h in a few months.

could we please look for other posts that show when changes to rez timers and decay timers etc etc where made before we start working on "fixing" stuff ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

ahh found, something not sure it's 100% correct but it looks like it

http://web.archive.org/web/200203191...p?Article=3765
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

Last edited by Crom; 01-03-2015 at 09:03 PM..
Old 01-04-2015, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ahh found, something not sure it's 100% correct but it looks like it

http://web.archive.org/web/200203191...p?Article=3765
that was one of my sources as well the OP seems to be missing. guess i didnt copy and paste from word all the way. oops :/
Old 01-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Orc

Ridiculous. There is no link or even a date on the first post, which makes it useless for determing what is classic or not. As far as I can tell it is the OP quoting the OP. The only explanation I have for the devs jumping on this so wholeheartedly is that they get an erection from fucking with peoples' enjoyment.

Post some links with dates if you want to have a debate about what is or is not classic.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Please for the love god apply this. Coding might be hard due to the fact its a char and global timer thing logged on vs off. Even if its just 24 hours when logged in and the timer slows down when logged out...it. Could stop people who are boxing lets say fungi king camp from making it much more clear or limit how many fungis they are coprsing. Which I've seen 3 or 4 of the same guys corpse waiting to off load them all to ec alts.

It's mostly just speed up the timer by x7 when logged in remove it if logged off. But this is something that has to added. It would greatly help the community and open camps that are usually unavailable due to the just corpse it themes. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Or make no change at all, just do a search for lore items on account and prevent the looting of dublicate lore items, corps included.

I think everyone wants to be able to do sky every week still, and most have more then 24 members in their guilds.

simple fix for the corpsing problem with less drama.
-Taken-Taken II-

Old 01-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post some links with dates if you want to have a debate about what is or is not classic.
Quote:
April 20, 1999: I normally don't put general news on this page, but John Smedley posted important information on EQVault about how corpse recovery now works. I have added it as a tip into the player's guide, but here is the whole post:

"In a nutshell, the Corpse Recovery rules are as follows: Characters All Levels: If you have no items on your corpse, it will dissapear within 3 minutes. Characters Level 1-5: Corpse will dissapear within 30 minutes (real time) whether you are online or offline. Those of you wondering why this rule is in place? - There would be WAY to many bodies if we didn't do it this way. Characters Level 6 and above - Corpse will dissapear within 24 hours if the player is online (being at the character select screen STILL counts as online). Corpses will dissapear within 1 week if the player is offline."
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/arch...pdate_0499.htm

Then this change a few months into Velious:
Quote:
FEBRUARY 21, 2001

Naked PC corpses that have experience and are above level 30 will now last 3 hours instead of 3 minutes.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or make no change at all, just do a search for lore items on account and prevent the looting of dublicate lore items, corps included.
not classic, gtfo