Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tiny handful of people I saw banned and who are unbanned usually were doing - Chardok AE, epic mq's, and red/blue xfers - stuff that can be super hard to verify that it was above-board. They also were generally able to prove their innocence. Some of the biggest farmers I know of on the server have never been banned - all their transactions are traditional. Also, alot of equipment lends, gifts of plat, etc don't result in bans. This all tells me the people getting banned, are for the most part, not the innocent.

Point is, the GMs have gotten pretty darn good at this IMO. If ever in doubt - ss and turn a log on for all conversations/transactions so it can later be verified.
they find confirmed sellers and ban off those sellers trades

sometimes innocent people are handed money and items in bank areas to throw this off and cause innocent bans

sometimes confirmed sellers make legitimate trades, i.e. cross-server with someone not rmting

just as an fyi to your comment
Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP The Jacka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they find confirmed sellers and ban off those sellers trades

sometimes innocent people are handed money and items in bank areas to throw this off and cause innocent bans

sometimes confirmed sellers make legitimate trades, i.e. cross-server with someone not rmting

just as an fyi to your comment
You've been rmting for years, just stop it you got caught.

For the people who don't know who this guy is his name is Rettiwalk, he was originally banned for stripping and deleting peoples accounts. He also rmted with Mellowyellow and his excuse for his paypals records were "I paid him to do my homework for me" LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Large Rat

Still waiting on my petition to be resolved. It's been viewed 12 times, no replies from any GMs... very irritating, I've done nothing wrong. What's the hold up on a response? Even just a quick "we're investigating" would be nice, then I'd at least know that SOMETHING is happening...

Do your job GMs!! You started this project, people donate funds to keep it rocking, and you did the massive ban wave... it's now time to exercise adequate customer service skills for your customers. You need to set more realistic expectations for people who join p1999 - have extra accounts or trade too often and you will most likely be scooped into a ban wave. Then you will wait weeks before you find out if your request is even being processed.

/endrant
Old 02-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalcador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do your job GMs!!
Shots fired, I repeat shots fired!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalcador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exercise adequate customer service skills for your customers
Quote:
wait weeks
customers? weeks?

You didn't pay to play here, so you're not a 'customer'. I feel like you could be a customer to someone else though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. And it hasn't been a week since the ban wave, so how could it be "wait weeks?"
Old 02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
extra accounts or trade too often and you will most likely be scooped into a ban wave
You sir are an idiot and I hope you get a forum ban for disrespecting the staff. Pro tip for you; acting like an entitled douche bag will not get you your desired results. I assume if you're acting like this on the forums you're shitting up your petition thread as well

Who the hell do you think you are demanding anything on a server that provided as free to play.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Annnnnd back to the end of line in the petition queue he goes.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Still waiting on my petition to be resolved. It's been viewed 12 times, no replies from any GMs... very irritating, I've done nothing wrong. What's the hold up on a response? Even just a quick "we're investigating" would be nice, then I'd at least know that SOMETHING is happening...

Do your job GMs!! You started this project, people donate funds to keep it rocking, and you did the massive ban wave... it's now time to exercise adequate customer service skills for your customers. You need to set more realistic expectations for people who join p1999 - have extra accounts or trade too often and you will most likely be scooped into a ban wave. Then you will wait weeks before you find out if your request is even being processed.

/endrant
since you wanna make it public, your account was banned by Rogean for RMT. you probably didnt think we log the method you used. or maybe you thought deleting the character would help cover your tracks. i dunno.

now stop spamming our forums with your crap, and wait for Rogean to respond to your petition thread. but having just reviewed the logs surrounding your account ban, i wouldnt get your hopes up.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Do your job GMs!!

/endrant
That's probably what they are doing. Their normal day jobs that they actually get paid to do and in the case of Rog (at least I assume, dunno where server money comes from), use to pay for this server.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since you wanna make it public, your account was banned by Rogean for RMT. you probably didnt think we log the method you used. or maybe you thought deleting the character would help cover your tracks. i dunno.

now stop spamming our forums with your crap, and wait for Rogean to respond to your petition thread. but having just reviewed the logs surrounding your account ban, i wouldnt get your hopes up.
And this is why when you RMT you should really just put your tail between your legs, be thankful that they let you start over and enjoy Everquest for what it is/was.