Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Would rather be on a server with those afflicted by a sickness that drives them to stare at a wall for 16 hours for bad loot, and end up wasting their own time. Rather than a server where an equivalent amount of time is spent by a player gearing out and twinking an alt for the sole purpose of griefing new players, thereby wasting others time just so that they can get some amount of satisfaction besting a cloth wearing newbie with their fungi+Ragebringer.

They don't duck cast CotH anymore. They just stare at a wall now.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

im with the taken guy, want true red? wipe it clean so people start from 0 and we will see true pvp and not people farming shit in blue to buy shit in red .

Mental note, find the SS of my killing 2 rogue twinks with epics and fungys with my stupid lvl 35 paladin with fineplate and a baton of faith. to shove it into Goredbetwink.org.com
Old 03-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The AoW kills in Velious were almost all done with charmed Giants tanking, not warriors.
Wrong. We rotated warriors out with rangers using weapon shield in between warriors switching/gain agro/get heal chain on them. He was killed only 2 times in Velious.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes Daldaen, but that is not a reason to make him arbitrarily harder "because players killing the AoW isn't classic". We know his DI/DB and cooldown, give him a good amount of ATK and high AC (I agree its not nearly high enough when Rogues are doing 70 dps) and see what happens.

Koros and I are pretty sure that if he's classically tuned he's going to go down very rapidly; you and Treats are not. Make him classic and we'll find out.
Wrong again. The Ac gains/Hps/items from sleepers/tov are what provided the ability to kill him. Not some zerg using super internet with theory quested numbers thinking they know what the encounter was like. It pains me seeing your posts saying how things should be, when you have never even been there in the first place to see.
Last edited by Rais; 03-30-2015 at 05:43 PM..
Old 03-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

For what its worth, VZTZ2.0 PoSky basically had a mob that was a death touching Avatar of War with less HP/AC. It was killed by a bunch of us at 50 with classic pet aggro. The idea being that it doesn't matter if a mob hits for 1000 or 6000, if it can only kill a single target (in other words, no AE) every ~2 seconds, you can kill it with enough pets provided it doesn't outregen the damage output.

This is how close to how Rallos Zek killed Kera (substituting pet deaths/summonings with player deaths/cleric epics) who was un-tankable even with Stonewall.

The numbers aren't made up and the encounter isn't anything more than those numbers directed at a single player. That's all. Y'all are over-complicating this.

I agree with the fact that there is a possibility for human error. However, you can keep a defensive tank up against Avatar of War with a 1 second CHeal rotation. We ran 1 second CHeal rotations with Rallos in PoTime and some other encounters, they aren't outside the realm of median player skill. Human error is very much accounted for in the fact that the default attack speed is much greater than 1 second (or at least should be) and the tank will frequently be able to take 2 rounds without eating it. Or do we really believe that there aren't a dozen or more players on this server who can reliably count to 1 with a 1 second margin of error?

This is going to sound elitist, but fuck it, we've had 10 of these threads: I really wish that I could still view this game in the same mystical way many of you do. I see Avatar of War and I see a mob who has an unslowable mob capable of quads + flurries with a DB of 254 and a DI of 45. Now, you may tell stories at Thanksgiving Dinner of your suspenseful encounters with this mythical creature, but it doesn't change the fact that the dude is an unslowable mob capable of quads + flurries with a DB of 254 and a DI of 45. Got a tank who can survive a round of that? Great. Got enough clerics to make sure the tank is only taking 1 round between CHeals? Awesome. Got some mages to keep the mana going? Perfect. Let's do some work.

Anyhow, I got dragged into another one of these. For the interest of my Nostralis dude, I'm done with this til the next thread in a few months.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bigger issue is people actually killing AoW.
100-man zergforces who've had ***FOUR YEARS*** plus to farm VP. Velious is trivial before it's even been released.

On my live server no guild even set foot in VP before Velious was released while this server will feature entire raid forces of people with full BIS VP items.

Would love to see a new blue server open up!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and blue has people who sit there ducking call of the hero for upwards of 16 hours to get a low-tier mob like talendor

UR MOVE DAWG
Your server has had TWO known and confirmed homocidal sociopaths

UR MOVE DAWG
Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love to see a new blue server open up!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:33 AM
Banned

Sounds like Rogean wants to open a Discord server

Who among you is brave enough to fight the Avatar with me there
Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. We rotated warriors out with rangers using weapon shield in between warriors switching/gain agro/get heal chain on them. He was killed only 2 times in Velious.

Wrong again. The Ac gains/Hps/items from sleepers/tov are what provided the ability to kill him. Not some zerg using super internet with theory quested numbers thinking they know what the encounter was like. It pains me seeing your posts saying how things should be, when you have never even been there in the first place to see.
We already know the AC did absolutely 0 vs what we have here. I've already calculated the probabilities of his putting out enough damage to one round a tank with some very conservative estimates. I don't know what else to add to convey that point.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

You're missing the point. I confirmed that warriors weren't one shotted. Most were, but Furor had the best gear, and our 2nd main tank had just about the same amount of gear to tank also without being killed outright. I didn't say anything about just someone tanking him. I'm talking a collected effort of an entire raid force with increased stats from end game zones of ToV and Sleepers to be able to kill AoW by the end of Velious. I will say he will be killed way sooner than he was on live, because of the different tactics, sheer numbers of people in a guild and things still being different than it was on live.

You can throw 60 ragebringer rogue alts but if their attack/stats aren't up to par it won't do shit to his hps/regen/how long the fight will be. This is combining items from ToV, Primals, haste items, better item BiS items at the end. I want to say if there wasn't an update and change in stats to most ToV items, AoW would haven't been killed before the expansion ended "legitly". Maybe I have the time line from tov upgrades and AoW kill that we and LoS did before the expansion ended mixed up, but I don't think so.

Just saying over all throwing numbers at a mob doesn't mean you can kill it just because of numbers. The best way to describe AoW at the start of Velious was like 100 lvl 20s attacking Brother Quinn and being killed pretty damn fast. It totally changed at the end with everyone geared up.
Closed Thread