Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

TOFS is brutal solo when doing it at the level appropriate ranges. Theres no ifs or buts, it will kill you.

Another fun and possibly lucrative spot is the Mistmoore kitchen and butler area. The first corridor past the 4 gargoyle room gives you a safe spot to set it up from, the kitchen mobs proc some crazy stuff and there is no one ever there. If you die, theres loads of people around to help you with a CR, buffs and a rez.

Youre just a little too low for Kaesora, but that place gives absolutely crazy xp as well.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

CC is amazing xp. My ranger did 37, 38 and 39 in just an hour each there... Did have a 45 monk and druid helping me out of group in exchange for the tradeskilll components they wanted that dropped there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 06-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CC is amazing xp. My ranger did 37, 38 and 39 in just an hour each there... Did have a 45 monk and druid helping me out of group in exchange for the tradeskilll components they wanted that dropped there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
I just killed 7 stalags and 1 of the velium crawlers for 13% of level 37. Seems like typical XP to me, especially considering at least 3 of the stalags I killed were hitting for 84 so barely blue to me.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-22-2016 at 07:57 AM..
Old 06-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TOFS is brutal solo when doing it at the level appropriate ranges. Theres no ifs or buts, it will kill you.

Another fun and possibly lucrative spot is the Mistmoore kitchen and butler area. The first corridor past the 4 gargoyle room gives you a safe spot to set it up from, the kitchen mobs proc some crazy stuff and there is no one ever there. If you die, theres loads of people around to help you with a CR, buffs and a rez.

Youre just a little too low for Kaesora, but that place gives absolutely crazy xp as well.
My opinion on the first three levels of TOFS is that it isn't that bad. I was a bit high for the first floor, but it's all 1-3 mob pulls with no casters or other real hazards. Second floor I only saw a couple greens, and it was mostly annoying cause of dispels and dots forcing more rests than if I were fighting nukers or melee NPCs. Third floor I only died cause I didn't know what was there, wiki said undead mobs, and then the first room I walked past a live mob aggrod me and brought 2 undead along also and I didn't have gate memmed like I should have.

I don't want to fiddle around with a key corpse or rely on others to rescue me when I die though so I moved on for now.

MM might be interesting deeper in. I'm not familiar with the area.

I've spent quite a lot of time in kaesora, XPing near ent and over by the library and over near xalgoz also, so I won't probably go there for XP unless I still get XP at like 42-44ish when I go kill Xalgoz for my HS key piece.

Will keep trying CC for now, though if I don't really settle into it the XP isn't wowing me so I'll just explore it and maybe make a video then move on again.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Mistmoore's kitchen and butler area is pretty straight forward. The butler and maid seem to spawn at night though, not sure when, but it means that with the right timing you have one mob less to worry about when breaking it. Narrow corridors and doors might make it a little undesirable tho.

And while you might be out of the xp range now, I'm duoing in Runnyeye at 18-22 on my enchanter and it is amazing fun and solid xp.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

I did Ancient Croc from 29 to the mid 30's. It was fun because there are lots of Frogloks nearby to kill while waiting on the Croc spawn, so you get the real dungeon experience. I used the Animated pet however, which has been nerfed since back then, so perhaps you'd need to wait until 34 now for this to work (the Ancient Croc drops are also probably trash now). You also only needed to do 1 point of damage to get full exp while solo with a pet back then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did Ancient Croc from 29 to the mid 30's. It was fun because there are lots of Frogloks nearby to kill while waiting on the Croc spawn, so you get the real dungeon experience. I used the Animated pet however, which has been nerfed since back then, so perhaps you'd need to wait until 34 now for this to work (the Ancient Croc drops are also probably trash now). You also only needed to do 1 point of damage to get full exp while solo with a pet back then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I like that spot for trying to farm your own little bit of loot and fighting the frogs when you don't get over 9000 saltwater crocs spawned as PHs.

Noman is about 2 kills from 38 now though so gonna spend some time in CC (looks like I could nearly hit 50 here, some of these stalag terrors and geonids are still even cons at 37) then kunark dungeons for 40-50 probably.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Did my CC video and not going to stay here much longer. The ZEM is definitely shit... 85 at the very best, assuming the XP formula on the wiki is correct and based on me watching my XP % over the course of 20 kills (so far) in CC this morning. Might even be as low as 75 (the base ZEM) if the average level of these geonids is actually 33 or 34 instead of my lowball estimate of 32.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-28-2016 at 08:57 AM..
Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did my CC video and not going to stay here much longer. The ZEM is definitely shit... 85 at the very best, assuming the XP formula on the wiki is correct and based on me watching my XP % over the course of 20 kills (so far) in CC this morning. Might even be as low as 75 (the base ZEM) if the average level of these geonids is actually 33 or 34 instead of my lowball estimate of 32.
Enjoy the videos, keep em up! Just dusted off the Enchanter from a year hiatus and been looking for some dungeons for a change of pace. Just finished out 42 off Oggok guards and Specs and was thinking about CC.

It looked like you went more towards the spiders/terrors, but I've heard that Geonids are the place to be in CC for Exp. Were they too high or too much of a pain? I'm unfamiliar with CC outside of farming silk (setting up shop near Queen), but I hope to give the geos a whirl in the next day or two.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looked like you went more towards the spiders/terrors, but I've heard that Geonids are the place to be in CC for Exp. Were they too high or too much of a pain? I'm unfamiliar with CC outside of farming silk (setting up shop near Queen), but I hope to give the geos a whirl in the next day or two.
Most of my time in CC off-video was on geonids actually. I think XP is going to be the same as with terrors and somewhat higher than spiders (since a fair number of spiders are spiderlings, and they're already green at like 38-39).

I think they are like level 32-38ish (I see 69 as lowest max hits and 88 as highest I think). Don't seem to be more resistant than average, no procs or anything. It takes a fair while to even get KOS with them so you can move freely while you are learning the area, which isn't hard to do since there are only like 8 spawns and they're basically all spread out enough you don't aggro more than 1 at a time except ocassionally cause of the level of a pet (or you sitting) and the level of the enemy.

If you're coming for a change of pace, go for it. But I'm almost positive that oggok guards or feerrott spectres will be faster XP and more money and last you until basically the same level (like 47ish?) before stuff is mostly green. It's not bad xp. It's decent enough that I'm not going to move to leave the zone while I'm out of town and only playing a little in the next few days. But I'm convinced it is nothing special (i.e. worse XP than any classic or kunark dungeon, basically).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-28-2016 at 05:47 PM..
Closed Thread