Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Amazing theory on cazic, love this game man
Old 06-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Woaa, the puppet strings are what sold it! That makes all the sense!!
Old 06-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

opal darkbriar. she's a high elf wizard guildmaster and also a dark elf cleric guildmaster in two different zones in freeport. I spent some time hailing the two different versions and asking npcs about opal darkbriar but I never got any information. The wiki says the board game gives some more information about her, but meh.

mayong mistmoore has always been one of my favorite dudes ever. he kills dragons. why? because he's bored. also he's completely MIA, other than a brief time of being on live, which makes it even better. You never see him. People don't get to kill him. Even though he has a zone named after himself. Super mysterious.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that druid ring in plane of fear really gets me. Was the plane once Tunare's realm? I mean it is basically a forest environment. There's def a story there.
Also here's an interesting theory I just read:
"For a long time, I've been puzzled over some things regarding Cazic-Thule and the Plane of Fear. Here's a theory, and I'd like to know what others think.

The Cazic-Thule that roams around in the Plane of Fear is tough, but he's not as tough as you expect a God to be, considering all the other gods you can fight ingame. Granted he was put in earlier, but he hasn't been upgraded to the level Innoruuk has, which strikes me as odd.

Now, when venturing through the old Plane of Mischief, you could have the fortune of seeing Bristlebane spawn in his puppet theater and remark, "Where is the Cazic-Thule puppet? Ridiculously funny!". The puppets of all the gods ingame were there, and the puppets of a few gods that weren't or still aren't... yet apparently, a Cazic-Thule puppet that was meant to be there is "missing".

Back in the Plane of Fear, the Cazic-Thule that we see roaming the jungle, when killed, can drop "Puppet Strings". This, combined with the fact that he doesn't seem as difficult to kill as he should be, leads me to believe that he is not in fact an actual manifestation of Cazic-Thule, but is in fact Bristlebane's Cazic puppet, stolen by Cazic and magically enhanced to guard his plane."
awesome!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Kobold

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...Bait+masterson
Old 06-26-2016, 11:36 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowIsLifeSowIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that druid ring in plane of fear really gets me. Was the plane once Tunare's realm? I mean it is basically a forest environment. There's def a story there.
Also here's an interesting theory I just read:
"For a long time, I've been puzzled over some things regarding Cazic-Thule and the Plane of Fear. Here's a theory, and I'd like to know what others think.

The Cazic-Thule that roams around in the Plane of Fear is tough, but he's not as tough as you expect a God to be, considering all the other gods you can fight ingame. Granted he was put in earlier, but he hasn't been upgraded to the level Innoruuk has, which strikes me as odd.

Now, when venturing through the old Plane of Mischief, you could have the fortune of seeing Bristlebane spawn in his puppet theater and remark, "Where is the Cazic-Thule puppet? Ridiculously funny!". The puppets of all the gods ingame were there, and the puppets of a few gods that weren't or still aren't... yet apparently, a Cazic-Thule puppet that was meant to be there is "missing".

Back in the Plane of Fear, the Cazic-Thule that we see roaming the jungle, when killed, can drop "Puppet Strings". This, combined with the fact that he doesn't seem as difficult to kill as he should be, leads me to believe that he is not in fact an actual manifestation of Cazic-Thule, but is in fact Bristlebane's Cazic puppet, stolen by Cazic and magically enhanced to guard his plane."
This completely blew my mind, I had no idea Bristlebane said that! Kudos to the theory!

If I had to propose an alternate theory to this, I would say that Cazic-Thule is indeed Cazic-Thule, but that he DID steal the puppet from Bristlebane (or had it stolen). He cut the puppet strings for himself and placed the puppet in the Temple of Cazic Thule (which is now the Avatar of Fear, which is a 'mini' cazic-thule like the puppets). When the strings were cut, the puppet lost some power so isn't as strong as the Plane of Mischief puppets.

Cazic-Thule, now armed with the Puppet Strings, uses them to control his multitude of skeletal pets (does any other mob have this many pets? says 6-9 pets per the wiki).

Also, as you stated, it seems like the Plane of Fear is actually more of a forest type zone that was perhaps once Tunare's. I think the gods are involved in a 'Game of Thrones' type situation where they are invading realms and taking over each other's turf. I always thought the Plane of Hate seemed like a Fear plane to me, with all the undead and eery buildings and churches (I always feel creeped out walking down its narrow streets). Perhaps Cazic invaded Tunare's plane and Innoruk took over Cazic's while he was weakened from the attack. Tunare replanted in the Plane of Growth and stays in her tree to draw power from the earth and strengthen herself for fear of another attack (or prepare for a counter assault).

So fun to think of things like this! Maybe a 'planar invasion' by the gods could be a type of GM event when we reach custom content.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Another thought to why the plane of fear has a druid ring... Perhaps it was once where Karana the Rainkeeper dwelled until Cazic Thule took the realm for himself. He slew the physical form of Karana and built the temple with the ring of fire to contain his essence from escaping into another physical manifestation. The spirit of karana is in constant suffering in this realm, which is why the rain manifests as blood.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

But can your fancy lore explain why I get kicked by snakes?
Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But can your fancy lore explain why I get kicked by snakes?
Snakes are warrior NPCs, and therefore possess kick at a lower level instead of bash.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread