Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison'sNewName [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vinshayr the Pumpkin, a real GM, actually doing his job on Live.

Not the chump shit we have now who can't even ban cheaters.

That's one of my fondest memories in EQ. GMs doing their jobs.
That's a horrible fondest memory.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

A friend and I decided to roll dwarf alts and discord ourselves, just to see how many times we could kill each other in front of Kaladim. We got bored of this task quickly and just started suicide on the guards over and over. I'm not sure how many times we did it, but we created the largest corpse pile I have ever seen. We both ended up going LD, and came back to find the server we were on was down. Once we logged backed in there were 4-5 GMs standing around our corpse piles. Being 14 year olds, we ran up and asked them what was going on. The GMs proceeded to tell us that we crashed the server with our corpse pile, and sent us to jail in the Qeynos aquaducts.

What they didn't think about was the fact that we were both discorded, and they didn't bind us. So we kept killing each other, respawning in BB and going back to watch the GMs clean up the corpse piles and were quickly ported back to jail. We were able to come back and hassle the GMs for about 5-6 respawns each before one came down to qeynos with us and binded us there. He then booted us, changed our names to Flower something, and when we came back he told us that we were now on our last warning.

My friend and I still laugh about this.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fast forward to like 7:30 AM. Ralph's gone from 50 to 37, and it's time to log... job well done. The pile of corpses is massive, the impossible has been achieved.

Feel Good, Inc.
Lol at this. I would have loved to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a horrible fondest memory.
Yeah seriously, I even said that this supposed to be about good times. Already too much negativity on these forums. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Banned

It is about good times.

When a guild got caught pulling mobs through floors on my server, a GM actually came and banned them for doing so. That shit was good times.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Don't worry too much about the negativity on the forums, people forget that the EQ Live forums were awash with trolls even back in the day.

If you can log in and enjoy the server and its content then none of the crap that gets written here makes any difference [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've put my experiences into words a few times on the forums, here's one that's a bit more bizarre...

My first "real" character (that made it to Level 10) was a female high elf wizard on Prexus called Yienie, helped along by the name generator. Was sat at the 3 bandit camp in GFay with a group when a couple of guys started hitting on me, the weirdest shit I ever experienced. Couldn't log out and reroll fast enough, still have the mental scars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first "real" character (that made it to Level 10) was a female high elf wizard on Prexus called Yienie, helped along by the name generator. Was sat at the 3 bandit camp in GFay with a group when a couple of guys started hitting on me, the weirdest shit I ever experienced. Couldn't log out and reroll fast enough, still have the mental scars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, some people are like that, and it's a little weird. I still give my friend shit for always making female characters in games (he is a dude), it's just weird IMO.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, some people are like that, and it's a little weird. I still give my friend shit for always making female characters in games (he is a dude), it's just weird IMO.
I've always played female toons on EMU. Probably comes from playing a high elf male cleric on live. God the memories of male high elves in leather and chain armor give me night terrors to this day.

You wanna talk weird, how can anyone play as a male gnome? Like.. seriously. Thats the kind of thing *I* find weird. Well that and all the male gnomes appear to be 60 years old and the females appear to be 13 going on 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well...everyone likes to do stuff in games that they can't do in real life. For some people it's killing dragons...for others it's being a woman.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always played female toons on EMU. Probably comes from playing a high elf male cleric on live. God the memories of male high elves in leather and chain armor give me night terrors to this day.

You wanna talk weird, how can anyone play as a male gnome? Like.. seriously. Thats the kind of thing *I* find weird. Well that and all the male gnomes appear to be 60 years old and the females appear to be 13 going on 8.
Touche. I actually rolled a male gnome warlock when I played WoW, I guess that is a little weird when I think about it. Point taken.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Oh man, I have a ton of really fond memories of my earlier days in EQ. I'll start from earliest to most recent!

1. Kunark is released and I'm level 30. I find myself along with many others in OT grouping. As an Ogre I loved it there. This one druid shows up eventually and starts stealing our pulls. The whole zone was ragging on him but there was nothing we could do. Lo and behold, night rolls around, and he died right in front of us to the pathing Dragoons! The whole zone cheered at his death - was hilarious

2. Duoing with my mage friend in Seb! As a warrior this didn't work too well, but he was uber with his epic pet. I'd melee the mob while his monster backstabbed it. Bandage, repeat! Worked pretty well considering [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3. Velious! I have amazingly fond memories of being bound right by the bank in Thurgadin. That was the spot, man! When I was ready to do my Dain war all I had to do was go back over there and chat with everyone I had met there. They called in thier guild friends and Viola! I had such a sucsessful ring event that a GM for a raiding guild at the time messaged me and asked if I wanted to join [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

From that point on the rest of my memories are crazy hard core raiding stories. We all know that drill though, lol! Oh, I also fondly remember soloing as a warrior in PoI. I thought I was the shit then =P
Closed Thread