Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Kingdoms of Amular:Reckoning

Just picked this up yesterday for XBOX 360, they advertised it as God of War and Skyrim having a baby. I must say it's pretty close. Skyrim is still probably better but there hasn't been a combat system out like this for an Open World RPG. There are so many damn side quests and the world is huge. The cool thing is being able to mix up the classes and create hybrids. Anyways, just thought I'd see what everyone else thought of this that have played it.

If anyone is on the verge of getting it, they have demos available but I would just go get it, It's worth it.

http://reckoning.amalur.com/ is the website.

Oh and most of everyone should know who Curt Schilling is but for those who don't he was one of the better pitchers in the MLB for quite sometime and was also a spokesman for EQ, as he played it all the time. He founded the company that worked on the game so it's pretty good for a first game. They have the Senior Devloper from Oblivion and Morrowind.
http://38studios.com/people/visionaries
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Orc

Just finished this game today, I think its pretty good but has some horrible balancing issues. I played the game on hard mode, and early in the game it was hard enough that I had to do sidequests and some character building just to get by but then once you get like a quarter of the way through, your gear gets good enough that even on hard mode you start to feel overpowered. At this point I quit doing sidequests and just progressed the story and had so many minor health potions that I never once used a greater health potion. I didnt try to buy the best armor or weapons, just went through on what I found in chests and it didnt matter. Boss battles here and there took a few tries but for the most part I didnt have any trouble. I didnt try to upgrade my gear to the best or anything (even though I had a pretty badass hammer) and it was still fine. The final boss was probably the most disappointing joke of a final boss ive ever fought, easier than Gadflow by far (which was the hardest fight).

The rest of the game was A+ though, the story, graphics, music, atmosphere was all awesome, I just wish they put more effort into balancing your character in regards to the enemies. I cant even imagine how easy the other difficulties are.
Last edited by Yondiloons; 04-22-2012 at 09:15 PM..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I liked it more because RA Salvatore was behind the concept of the game.

I think they have plans to turn the game franchise into a MMO at some point.. they were just warming up with a single player game first.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Played it for a bit. Enjoyed it, but as with almost all single player games I got bored.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked it more because RA Salvatore was behind the concept of the game.

I think they have plans to turn the game franchise into a MMO at some point.. they were just warming up with a single player game first.
this
Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this
No Knuck!~