Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Default is the fact this game doesn't use fatigue at all a client limitation?

or is it a feature that the dev team would love to implement if they only had sufficient historical data?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Client problem...current client stems from the endurance era. They tried simulating stamina drain back when the server opened and it just didn't work remotely close to right.

Danth
Old 02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Client problem...current client stems from the endurance era. They tried simulating stamina drain back when the server opened and it just didn't work remotely close to right.

Danth
if the client demands to show endurance couldn't you just make attack swings cost endurance and zing restore endurance or something? when I search the forum I find a thread from 2010 where nilbog was asking about fatigue details and it seemed to close before anyone could provide any hard numbers for it.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

This isn't to say you can't lose all your energy.

If you're a melee class that's been out of food/drink for ages... has jumped around to the point where you have no energy, it won't restore... and you can't pop a discipline or jump with zero energy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

attacking non-stop until you ran out of fatigue and started attacking slower was a real classic experience that made all the zing effects in the game actually do something.. as it stands zing is useless.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Kobold

I remember when using a wurmslayer was kind of an issue on a pvp server.. swinging a 15 lb weapon was a stamina drain, and you needed your stamina to jump to increase your movement speed at times.. haha.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

My first character on here I made sure I had 100 stamina because I remembered in classic my ranger would get tired from duel wielding.

If I knew that system wasn't implemented I would have allocated my stats differently, whoops!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Kobold

Being of stamina didn't slow down your attack rate during classic. That's just a myth. It just made you unable to jump.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iumuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being of stamina didn't slow down your attack rate during classic. That's just a myth. It just made you unable to jump.
What I always thought, I started in Jan 2000 and played a rogue so lightweapons never really drained stamina but I never heard of it...I had a monk friend who never once bought food/drink after his initial 5 and he simply couldn't jump. we used to log him on and fill his bags with food just to piss him off and he deleted it so its not like he had food/drink he was unaware of.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iumuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm maybe it was only implemented on test server or something? I remember heavy weapons emptying my stamina and leaving me unable to swing at the same rate... This was an observation from before I started reading about the game mechanics, so I suspect it must have been my own impression. Indeed, I believe I found out about the 100 stamina to not run out of yellow thing after trying to find out why my attacks seemed to slow to a stop.

Maybe in longer/more difficult fights you'd run low on stamina and begin to realise the mob was going to out last you. This panic state would make events seem to slow down (the car crash effect!), creating the false-illusion attacks were slowing down?

Edit: also didn't running out of stamina also toggle run to walk?

edit 2: of course this is drawing on vague memories from over a decade ago, which can't really be trusted. I did a quick google and found a 2002 article on monkly business that recites the myth "If you have under 100 stamina and this bar runs out (which can happen with heavy weapons, lack of food, being overweight, etc) you will lose other stats and be slowed (ie. Swing your weapon less times per second)", but I admit that is hardly evidence the myth was ever true.

Edit 3: the poster does comment on the stamina loss slowing weapons thing " Seeing as how this is true I would definitely try to get this stat over 100, if not put all your points into stamina" so it does sounds like he may have verified this at some point, or at least he is confident in the statement (not that confidence means anything :P).
Last edited by Jimjam; 02-20-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Closed Thread