Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Default Do wizards do decent for solo if needed?

If not what are other classes that can solo if necessary from 1 - 60? I guess what I want is a class that has that ability. In EQ1 I used to play a chanter, but when I quit they were masters in groups but solo depended highly on the situation.

I tried a necro, which was not for me. Since this is my first character on P1999 that complicates this as I cannot lend my new character a hand financially or through gear.
Last edited by NirrtiXXX; 02-14-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards are fine for solo if you don't mind quadding (with a decent mana pool), or burning a target down and going afk for 5 minutes. I've played with a wizard on red and solo'd to 50 but decided it wasn't my bag...so just gets used as a porter occasionally.

Top soloing classes? In no particular order...

- Druids
- Necromancers
- Enchanters
- Shamans
- Bards (swarm kite)
- Wizards
- Mages (involves a lot of pet destroying due to the 50% damage rule)
- Clerics (with undead nukes, you're a wizard! See the Swish 1-50 cleric solo guide!)
- Monks (less so, unless you have a fungi tunic)
- Shadowknights/Rangers (slow but doable)
- Paladins (ugh)

...shaman is probably the most versatile. Most classes ARE capable, it just comes down to what you want to play.

Shaman/bard/cleric/enchanter is all doable on a low budget... can't speak for some of the others.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Every class can solo "decently" (or better) from 1-50 except for warrior and rogue. Might be boring blowing up undead with a cleric 1 at a time or slowly beating down mobs with a paladin and having to heal up and med after, but it is still halfway decent xp if you pick your zone and quarry well.

Untwinked wizards are mediocre solo at best, imo, since you won't probably have enough mana to quad consistently from 29-60... and killing 1 target at a time with nukes is, while doable, too slow to call it good. Oh, like Swish said though, it's a pretty nice gig if you like AFKing between kills to do something IRL so you aren't bored with all the med time.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

wizard is really boring
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Kobold

There's an awesome druid charm guide if you're new and have no gear. I've been following that for my druid and so far so good.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Untwinked wizards are mediocre solo at best, imo, since you won't probably have enough mana to quad consistently from 29-60... and killing 1 target at a time with nukes is, while doable, too slow to call it good.
It was on red when I did it. I know the XP bonus is in effect there, but the XP wasn't that bad and comparable to a cleric burning a mob down and afk'ing.

Worth looking up "bard diet" on the wiki for some good solo bard targets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

let me put it this way I prefer take down camps of blues or oranges to reds one at a time. DD is preferred as Dot with the necromancer was kinda slow. This does not cound SK as his Dots are secondary dmg. On a minimal budget as i have none :P
Last edited by NirrtiXXX; 02-14-2014 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard can solo to 60, but Enchanter and Shaman are the strongest solo classes.
Planar Protector

I can't prove it but I think I mostly solo'd my cleric to 50 faster than if he had been grouped. Groups wipe, chew through all available mobs, puller and tanks go afk, you split experience 6 ways... Give me a nice undead spot by myself and I'll churn out the levels.

Of course my wizard solo'd almost exclusively (near impossible to get a group) until mid-50s then got into AE groups. Steady quad exp isn't so bad... just have movies, Facebook, or a book or something for med time. 51-56 took forever, then I was 60 in no time.
Last edited by Raavak; 02-14-2014 at 02:49 PM..
Planar Protector

Wizard/cleric then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Burn em down, afk for 5 minutes.

In reality its not that much different from a necromancer who has his own form of clarity as he levels...and the time you'd be afk is spent slowly medding as the mob rots to zero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread