Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, But who hasnt seen this on live? Im actually appauled two level 50's dont know what a color skew looks like. That is all.
To be honest my spell effects are off most of the time so I probably haven't sen those particles since 2005. But you are right, the color line does look just like that. I assumed it was also a particle effect used in some bard song (again, particles turned off for my bard).

Anyway, I just looked and saw lots of dogs, sparkles and a spider with a bard in the middle. There was nothing in the chat window to indicate what else was going on besides bard damage. I just now noticed the elemental you were referring to. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lastly, I have too many of my own characters to level up to bother and learn every single powerleveling trick for every class combination. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In any case it's a good looking kite!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Wow. I can't believe I didn't take a screenshot of my epic raptor kite on Beta. It was really hard to execute and took forever. It would have been perfect for this thread.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Seafuries were put on this norrath for bards, I swear.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest my spell effects are off most of the time so I probably haven't sen those particles since 2005. But you are right, the color line does look just like that. I assumed it was also a particle effect used in some bard song (again, particles turned off for my bard).
Yup I don't play with spell effects on anymore either. I never did on live, but I did here with about 8% opacity until they made that god awful manasong effect with the last update. I've went back to having them all off.

Bard pling a bard is awesome.. ae slow + DS + regen when needed and grab entire zones and just hold agro with slow while the other bard dots them to death. Never any down time and you can powerlevel well into the 30s in SolA, but by then it starts to get a little tricky as anymore than like 6 mobs at a time might cause you some problems! Also if the class you're powerleveling has a PBAE you can get a bunch of mobs with similar hp, almost kill them, make sure the low level tags with AE, dot when they are low and zone. Mass exp for only 1 AE's worth of mana for the powerlevelee. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Everything mcbard said is totally true. It definitely gets very slow at around 35 though, in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seafuries were put on this norrath for bards, I swear.
This... isn't an example of aoe kiting.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Kobold

Forgive me,
Thought we were just talking about how amazing bards are by this page.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgive me,
Thought we were just talking about how amazing bards are by this page.
this is very forgivable.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

anybody have any SS of upper-levels (40-60) AoE kiting in kunark yet? So far I've been crashing in OT everytime I land chords on like 50-100+ mobs.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Although it may not be as cool as kiting spectres, giants or aviaks, here's a screenshot my bard in North Karana after kiting 16 Willowisps. Since last weekends updates, Bellowing on reds hasn't been an option with the 30 second cooldown so I've been AE kiting dark blues. Damn! Why have I not done this before?!

I went from 12 to 17 here AE kiting Willowisps. The xp is pretty good if you turn in the stones at the gypsy camp. Looking forward to my next level when I get Denon's Disruptive Discord. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm interesting. I never did the strafe run to kite, I just ran normally. Do other people do this?

Also I hold the current p99 record for one kite. 28 mobs all were DB and red at the time. Someone should beat this -

I do not have a screen shot, as I did not know there was an E-peen measuring contest about it, but at lvl 18, I kited 54 mobs in EK, ranging from light blue to red.

I've beaten your record, several times.
I may not have the screens, but I have people who can verify it, as I was grouped at the time. No sense in having everyone complain about Bards because I pulled the entire zone. I have qualms with sharing the exp.
Closed Thread