Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is it time for a raise (exp bonus)?
Yes! 45 37.50%
no. 31 25.83%
Good bye Zade bonus exp instead 4 3.33%
Bush Cheney did 9/11 #twintowers 40 33.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

It's really sad how the corporate media has managed to convince a lot of people that unions are evil per se and serve no good purpose.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Let take a huge scale union like the phone company here.

I can speak from personal experience that people on the union hardly work, are not educated and basically no nothing of their own craft.

Where as me, the contractor, knows far more, will do more (faster), and i am completely accountable for any issues or failures that I cause on the job.

The upside is that I get paid for what I know and do, so sure they get benefits and hourly, but they bring home less than 1500 a week where as I've been pulling 2500-4k a week for the last month.

TL;DR

Unions protect lazy, uneducated slobs and punish the actual hard working people that keep that business afloat.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 03-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Protest vote due to wrong forum.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really sad how the corporate media has managed to convince a lot of people that unions are evil per se and serve no good purpose.
Indeed. Businesses are a bigger threat to freedom and democracy than Al Qaeda, Russia, China, and Vietnam put together. Left to their own devices, they would (and still do) bring back debtors prisons, child labour, 80-hour work weeks, etc.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Stop devaluing our currency and no one would care about making 1.25 an hr.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

bump

the exp is to damn low
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. Businesses are a bigger threat to freedom and democracy than Al Qaeda, Russia, China, and Vietnam put together. Left to their own devices, they would (and still do) bring back debtors prisons, child labour, 80-hour work weeks, etc.
I agree, without systems in place to keep human greed in check, human greed grows exponentially.

If you're paid minimum wage, your boss is basically telling you that if he could pay you less, he would.

It has nothing to do with innovation and competition and whatever "market stratergery" mumbo-jumbo. It's all about money and they always want more of it and they will do anything to get it.

They don't give a fuck about you.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Orc

I don't understand how people still fail to see that raising minimum wage really doesn't equal more money in your pockets. Sure your check will be a little higher, but when you go to the store so will all of the products. If a business has to pay you more, they have to recoup that money somewhere. Only logical place to recoup that money is to raise prices.

You want to make more then minimum wage? Get off your ass, get an education or find a trade job where they will teach you via on the job training. Stop expecting handouts and everyone else to take care of you. Be responsible for your own life and make the change that you want.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this guy doesn't understand progressive taxes.

Edit: Nvm, did the math. Apparently I'm just an asshole. My argument was much better before I remembered to include SSi & Medicare taxes.

Federal minimum wage = 7.25 / hour. 7.25 * 40 hours a week * 52 weeks = 15080/year.
Tax rate on SSi/Medicare = 7.65% = 1153.62 taxed on that = 13926.38 net income before income tax
2014 standard deduction = 6200 = 7726.38 taxable income.

Lowest income tax bracket of 10% ends at 9075. 7726.38 < 9075
10% of 7726.38 = 772.64

772.64 + 1153.62 / 15080 = 12% effective tax rate

(2014 rates & deductions)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...unts-and-more/

(Note: Assuming single and no children).
I honestly don't know whats more sad... That you did the math or you did the math and still did it wrong... I mean unless your claiming the standard deduction and not claiming yourself lol.... Otherwise subtract another $3,950 from your taxable income...(Yet another reason why america isn't smart enough to even do their own tax returns... *sigh*)
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dollar is worth more today than almost anytime throughout history, except for the mid 60s when it was at its highest.
This guy definitely smokes crack.
Closed Thread