Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Orc

Default Troll & Ogre slam

Just wanted to ask something about slam for the Ogre and Troll SK's. From what I have read, that slam is better than bash with 2 hander, but I was under the impression that slam only did 1 point of damage. So when the SK's get bash, does hitting slam increase and get bash's skill points? I am curious because from what I have read I see a couple contradictory statements about using slam instead of bash? (this is all with 2 handers).

Thank you all in advance!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

From what I remember from my SK on live, slam will only do 1 pt of dmg if you don't have the bash skill, otherwise damages are comparable.

Nagash/Petitpas
Old 04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I remember from my SK on live, slam will only do 1 pt of dmg if you don't have the bash skill, otherwise damages are comparable.

Nagash/Petitpas
Yea I had an iksar SK on live, so I could never use the slam, but what I am really wanting to know is when you get to train the bash skill, does hitting slam increase the bash skill and/or increase slam's damage. without ever having to worry about just hitting bash(so I could go without ever needing a shield to increase bash points, except for tanking that is)...heck I am starting to confuse myself lol
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Slam uses the bash skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slam uses the bash skill.
thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by malroth69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I had an iksar SK on live, so I could never use the slam, but what I am really wanting to know is when you get to train the bash skill, does hitting slam increase the bash skill and/or increase slam's damage. without ever having to worry about just hitting bash(so I could go without ever needing a shield to increase bash points, except for tanking that is)...heck I am starting to confuse myself lol
There's no Slam skill. Slam works based off Bash. If you have Slam but no Bash (ie. Ogre/Troll/Barbarian Shaman) you'll miss most of the time and only Slam for a max of 1 damage. If you have both Slam and Bash, then Slam will do additional damage based on your Bash skill, as well as connect much more often. You will also gain Bash skill by using Slam. You do however, lose the damage bonus from actually using a shield (which is based on the AC of the shield iirc). Remember that you must have a magic shoulder item to Slam magical creatures.

lol wut
Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no Slam skill. Slam works based off Bash. If you have Slam but no Bash (ie. Ogre/Troll/Barbarian Shaman) you'll miss most of the time and only Slam for a max of 1 damage. If you have both Slam and Bash, then Slam will do additional damage based on your Bash skill, as well as connect much more often. You will also gain Bash skill by using Slam. You do however, lose the damage bonus from actually using a shield (which is based on the AC of the shield iirc). Remember that you must have a magic shoulder item to Slam magical creatures.
All this rings the distant bells of truth.

Nagash/Petitpas
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage and gaining bash skill while using slam is what I really wanted to know thanks. But I didn't know about the magic shoulder item to hit magical creatures, just thought it needed to be a magic type sword/axe/blunt.

I knew about the damage bonus depending on the AC of the shield, like I said, my old iksar SK was nothing more than sword and board lol.

Again thank you all for the input.
Closed Thread