Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-27-2024, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are making another ad hominem again. Shut up about my post count. It means absolutely nothing to this discussion.
You don't understand how ad hominem works. You are literally the one who is attacking me instead of my position.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=111

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=113

You started replying to this thread with ad hominem attacks against me, while completely ignoring the topic.

I am simply defending myself from your ad hominem attacks by pointing out that you have a pattern of trolling me, and your post history clearly shows this. Well over 500 posts specifically attacking me is pretty damning evidence, especially when your total post count is 628.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We told you how a FD can be failed via player error, rather than FD's innate chance of failing. So, do you admit that you're wrong or do you not? If you admit that, then don't try to justify your mistake by suggesting that a natural FD failure has a chance of failing to show on the logs.
Incorrect. I am the first person to mention this: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2 . Yourself and/or other posters did not tell me this.

Do you admit that there are ways in which FD can fail without the 'fallen to the ground' message?
Old 02-27-2024, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn’t you know? He is talking to the silent majority who are feverishly clicking refresh on this thread, ready to suckle at the teat of DSM’s bottomless wisdom. You know, all those “new guys” who are in desperate need of p99 knowledge nuggets.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet he feeds those poor people false information. Those poor newbies...

I feel sorry for anyone who actually took his incredibly stupid advice of putting starting points into INT as Shadowknight.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And yet he feeds those poor people false information. Those poor newbies...

I feel sorry for anyone who actually took his incredibly stupid advice of putting starting points into INT as Shadowknight.
As you can see, he cannot rebut my previous post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=191 . He resorts to more ad hominem attacks and lies instead. He also doesn't understand how Shadowknight point distributions work when it comes to Min/Maxing.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

keep fighting the good fight DSM

someday you'll have them all agreeing in unison...Jesus didn't save the world on the first day
Old 02-27-2024, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine DSM every morning getting ready to do battle on a 25 year old elf sim message board be like …

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Suit up me hearties, yo ho!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-27-2024, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keep fighting the good fight DSM

someday you'll have them all agreeing in unison...Jesus didn't save the world on the first day
People don't have to agree with me. They just need to stop posting lies, spamming threads, and denying facts, so other people can get the correct information. That is the point of this section of the forums, to give people facts about the game's classes and answer questions. If you want to attack other people, go to Rants and Flames.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand how ad hominem works. You are literally the one who is attacking me instead of my position.
Are you braindead...?

"Ad hominem" is not "You're wrong because of X reasons, you idiot" -- ad hominem is "You're wrong because I believe your character indicates you to be wrong".

My attacking your character is not in unison with my counter arguments to your claims. When I call you a sociopath, I'm still trying to refute your arguments regardless of my personal feelings.

As for the FD argument, you've already been checkmated here.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you braindead...?

"Ad hominem" is not "You're wrong because of X reasons, you idiot" -- ad hominem is "You're wrong because I believe your character indicates you to be wrong".

My attacking your character is not in unison with my counter arguments to your claims. When I call you a sociopath, I'm still trying to refute your arguments regardless of my personal feelings.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

Quote:
: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made
made an ad hominem personal attack on his rival
Please explain how this quote:

Quote:
How many different people now have insulted you and called you out? I've lost count. It must be over 20+ people by now.

Could it just be that you're a solipsistic narcissist, rather than me being a troll?

No, seriously! This isn't a snappy insult I'm throwing. Think about it for one second.
Is not a personal attack, and is instead saying "You're wrong because of X reasons". This looks like an ad hominem attack to me, by definition. It was also your second post, which is off-topic.

You are literally saying: "You're wrong because I believe your character indicates you to be wrong".
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

What if the being an idiot is the actual reason for being wrong?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-27-2024, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, I actually genuinely think you aren't very intelligent, rather than just malevolent.

Did you not read "When I call you a sociopath, I'm still trying to refute your arguments regardless of my personal feelings."?

I'm not countering your arguments by attacking your character -- I'm countering your arguments, and I'm making my own subjective claims about your character beside it.

My first comment on this thread was not an ad hominem, because I wasn't attacking an argument full stop, you absolute idiot.