Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Kobold

Default Shaman: Lets put this Stun vs Regen thing to rest

Alright, heres the deal, I'm going to list a bunch of aspects about each, I want others to give some good feedback.

Why? Because this shit needs a last nail in the coffin for good.

First up:

Ogre Frontal Stun Resist -

1) During leveling you can't be stunned while tanking mobs. Debatable less useful at higher levels since if you have 3-4 level 50+ mobs on you, you're probably dead anyway.

2) Great for sitting in a corner and avoiding being interrupted by push mechanics or stun mechanics. However, bash still has an interrupt mechanic even if you don't get stunned, so it can still stop your spell cast.

3) However, even if you are stopped from casting a spell from a bash interrupt (not the stun, the interrupt aspect), you can instantly recast without having to wait.

4) Can move no matter what when facing a mob.

5) Argued that when drawing raid boss agro from a slow, the stun resist can let you get a single heal off, possibly saving your life. However, if you get focused by a boss, you're usually dead anyway.

6) Stun resist is naturally diminished by your slow spell, as the mob doesnt bash as fast when slowed.

Second up:

Troll Regen -

1) Helps when leveling if not twinked, arguably less useful when you get Torpor at max level.

2) Massive regen bonus using innate (18 standing) + fungi (15) + regroth ((15) Total of 48 hp per tick x 6 ticks in a minute for a total of 288 natural hp per minute). Thats 5% of your health every minute if you have a 2,000 hit point pool.

3) Won't save you from being quaded, however, increases overall healing efficiency as you can get more canni's out before using Torpor to top yourself off.

4) Extra regen can help reduce DoT output when casted on you, or recover hp easier on periodic AoE damage from dragon raids.

5) Can completely nullify middling damage from lower level mobs or light hits from higher level mobs.

6) Improves mana efficiency when low by giving more HP to canni off of in emergency situations.

7) Not regen based but you get a snare necklace with a minidot. Nice because root and snares now stack.

Have at it boys, lets end this argument from all aspects, for good.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Seriously we are beating a dead horse here, some people like the regen others like the stun immune...
Old 10-08-2015, 03:01 AM
Aviak

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously we are beating a dead horse here, some people like the regen others like the stun immune...
This.

Trolls are ugly AF. So I went oger on my shaman. No JBB on Iksar was the deal breaker there.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

I can count 0 times thus far on my now 56 shaman where getting stunned made any rea difference in success, failure, or even ease of an encounter. That regen has been with me since day 1 giving me less downtime and more mana. That's (at my level) up to 10 extra hp/tick sitting or 7 tick standing so far ... Otherwise can be considered an extra 3-5 mana a tick permanently over an ogre.

Maybe ogre stun immunity will be worth it at 60 with torpor, but most shamans will never get there.

Old tired argument. I'm a firm advocate of regen. Others like stun immunity. Neither is wrong.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Ps there are 10 ticks in a minute, not 6

Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ps there are 10 ticks in a minute, not 6
Whoops, my B. Early.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

OP seems seriously confused about what FSI does and seems to give it credit for a lot of things it does not do.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

When does Regen work?

-Whenever you aren't at 100% HP

When is a shaman not at 100% HP?

-Whenever fighting a mob taking damage from tanking or aggro from slowing or whenever using Canni

When does frontal stun immunity work?

-Whenever fighting a Melee mob that interrupts with bash, and only if the bash is successful, but does nothing to prevent Melee interrupts from push.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

this isnt complicated.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When does Regen work?

-Whenever you aren't at 100% HP

When is a shaman not at 100% HP?

-Whenever fighting a mob taking damage from tanking or aggro from slowing or whenever using Canni

When does frontal stun immunity work?

-Whenever fighting a Melee mob that interrupts with bash, and only if the bash is successful, but does nothing to prevent Melee interrupts from push.
Basically this.

The regen is always there. ALWAYS there. Regen is nice for all classes, but for necromancers and shamans in particular (given their dynamic ability to convert mana to hp and vice versa) - regen is more than just nice; it's clutch. FSI is likewise, also very nice. Unlike innate regen, it's highly situational. It's bound to be useful sooner or later - but unless you REALLY needed it at that moment in time, it's basically not doing a damn thing for you.

Troll (or iks) vs Ogre? For me it was a no brainer. Level 60 shamans can solo anything regardless of race. There's nothing an ogre can solo that a troll, barbarian, or iksar can't. That FSI is cute, but at the end of the day it pales in comparison to permanent regen that is always with you and always doing it's magic.

I'm never 100% health. That extra regen equates to more mana and less downtime - doesn't matter if i'm soloing of grouping.

No contest.

Last edited by Troxx; 10-08-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Closed Thread