Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Whenever fighting a Melee mob that interrupts with bash, and only if the bash is successful, but does nothing to prevent Melee interrupts from push.
A bash from the frontal cone. If from the rear arch, bash will still interrupt. Also, push.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

The main problem that I see with you regen analysis is that the standing rate is 12 not 18 and hat means the bonus is 8. All the rest of the regen (regrowth/fungi) can be had without being troll/iksar, so we are really talking about FSI vs. 8hp standing regen bonus or 11hp sitting regen bonus.

8hp/tick is 72hp or roughly one extra CanniIV every 2 minutes for an increased mana regen of 4.1/tick. That translates to an extra torpor every 5 minutes, or an extra slow every 8.5 minutes. The extra torpor translates to an extra 665 - 831 mana over the same period. That translates to an additional 13.6 - 17 mana per tick. Assuming you are able to burn mana and canni enough to take advantage of that, it's pretty damn good. Better than I'd have thought ^^
Old 10-09-2015, 12:06 AM
Banned

I've played a 60 troll ogre and barb shaman and:

Troll regeneration is Def nice and noticed (and best custom helm obv)
Ogre front stun munities are Def nice and noticed, especially if you do a lot of solo/small group things
Barbarian is a white bear

It's all about what's fashionable to you since you're looking at it the most and this is a dress up game :P
Old 10-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main problem that I see with you regen analysis is that the standing rate is 12 not 18 and hat means the bonus is 8. All the rest of the regen (regrowth/fungi) can be had without being troll/iksar, so we are really talking about FSI vs. 8hp standing regen bonus or 11hp sitting regen bonus.

8hp/tick is 72hp or roughly one extra CanniIV every 2 minutes for an increased mana regen of 4.1/tick. That translates to an extra torpor every 5 minutes, or an extra slow every 8.5 minutes. The extra torpor translates to an extra 665 - 831 mana over the same period. That translates to an additional 13.6 - 17 mana per tick. Assuming you are able to burn mana and canni enough to take advantage of that, it's pretty damn good. Better than I'd have thought ^^
Great catch, thank you. I appreciate it!

However, do you think its still worth it though in comparison? We are simply talking 8 hp regen, and you'd have to be canni/taking damage/not full health the entire time to get its full benefit.
Being able to recast instantly on bash interrupt isn't too bad, and keeps you from being stun locked on multiple mobs.

However, do many shaman at 60 even tank multiple mobs unslowed without dying anyway?
Last edited by gobbosnobbo; 10-09-2015 at 03:15 AM..
Old 10-09-2015, 03:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP seems seriously confused about what FSI does and seems to give it credit for a lot of things it does not do.
Please elaborate
Old 10-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Kobold

I avoided the argument by going barb
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbosnobbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please elaborate
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbosnobbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) During leveling you can't be stunned while tanking mobs
It does not do this. It only specifically works on mobs from the frontal cone. You can still be stunned by bashes from the side or behind.

Quote:
2) Great for sitting in a corner and avoiding being interrupted by push mechanics
Also not a perk of FSI. Anybody can stand in the corner to avoid push.

Quote:
3) However, even if you are stopped from casting a spell from a bash interrupt (not the stun, the interrupt aspect), you can instantly recast without having to wait.
Wut?

Quote:
4) Can move no matter what when facing a mob.
Dublewut? Not if rooted or trying to move backwards while snared.

Quote:
5) Argued that when drawing raid boss agro from a slow, the stun resist can let you get a single heal off, possibly saving your life. However, if you get focused by a boss, you're usually dead anyway.
This assumes that A) the boss has bash up and didn't use it on the tank/puller or doesn't flurry and B) you didn't die during the four other attacks that round. That said, if a shaman with FSI was able to survive the round, I'd assume that a shaman without FSI would also be able to survive that and have just as much chance to get a heal off or be healed by another raid member as one with FSI.

Quote:
6) Stun resist is naturally diminished by your slow spell, as the mob doesnt bash as fast when slowed.
Bash time should be independent of attack speed (unless flurries), but if it works the way you state, this is a perk against FSI because it would be less useful while the mob is slowed.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Special attacks are all influenced by haste and slow effects.

Backstab is more frequent with max haste and likewise NPCs bash less frequently when slowed.

Atleast that's my understanding of how it works here and how it should be working here
Old 10-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I am stunned that there's ANOTHER thread about this.

But would i still be stunned if my shaman was an ogre???
Old 10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Great catch, thank you. I appreciate it!

However, do you think its still worth it though in comparison? We are simply talking 8 hp regen, and you'd have to be canni/taking damage/not full health the entire time to get its full benefit.
Not quite! ^^) You need to Canni IV 9-11 times and cast torpor once every 5 min period to achieve the benefit. That is around 30 seconds of cast time over a five minute period or 10% of your time, leaving 4.5 minutes to do whatever you normally would. Yes, hitting full health would negate the benefit, but another canni would rectify that unless you are fm also, at which point someone has to ask: what are you doing? ^^
Closed Thread