Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-13-2017, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Forgot my old Youtube login.

Anyhow this is all from EQLive. Who knows how much has changed mechanically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0_ZbvaLls
  • Sneak does not reduce frontal aggro range.
  • Sneak works on the back for a full 180 degrees. If an NPC's frontside were a clock. Sneak would reduce the aggro radius by 100% from 3 to 9.
  • Not all mobs are vulnerable to sneak. This is kind of an odd one. I've got video, but didn't put into either of these. I noticed that the Temple Guardians in Kael by statue straight up ignore sneak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N-H1yKErto

I dicked around in a few zones (namely ToV, Kael, Icewell, and Chardok). I felt the Dlammaz area was by far the most visual in demonstrating how sneak works. It's got large NPCs, multiple factions, and mobs facing all different directions.

Anyhow, my experiences from Live:
  • Sneak does not change the mechanics of an NPC's initial call for help
  • Sneak does not change the mechanics of an NPC's call for help while chasing a target.
  • Sneaking after FDing does not remove you from an NPC's threat list even if that mob has it's back turned to you.

NPCs who are aggroed to you will still con indifferent if you are either invisible to them or sneaking behind them.

Tried to also address mechanics of Invis Pulling/Assist and NPC range (leashing). Both of which are far more complicated than the above. That's next on the agenda.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So there was a long thread on the TAKP forums recently about sneak. In short Lazie wanted P99 sneak and the devs pushed back pretty hard.
You must have trouble reading if you think that is what I wanted. I simply wanted sneak to stop breaking on range attacks.

It turned into another discussion entirely after that. The change I wanted got made. I do not like the way sneak works on P99. It has never been entirely classic.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM
Large Rat

Long ago, back in college, I played this game for fun and it was very inspiring and relaxing after a hard day at work. In fact, even games are a great way to learn English and it was cool for me. I also liked to learn different mechanics in the game, including the mechanics of sneaking, because in many games when the enemy does not see you it increases the damage
Old 11-20-2022, 06:41 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy_Colwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long ago, back in college, I played this game for fun and it was very inspiring and relaxing after a hard day at work. In fact, even games are a great way to learn English and it was cool for me. I also liked to learn different mechanics in the game, including the mechanics of sneaking, because in many games when the enemy does not see you it increases the damage
By the way, few people know that games can really develop vocabulary. Learning is not always about boring sitting in the classroom. I found a way to combine learning English and having fun. I'm just passing through here: https://quizzes.studymoose.com/flashcards/entertainment quizzes and improve my vocabulary. By the way, there are a lot of different game mechanics and gamified ways of learning that are not very popular in schools now, except in the junior classes.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Good bot

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung