Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Skeleton

Default Paladin questions

So have a 15 paladin that I started playing since I enjoy tanking.As far as raiding goes I don't have to worry since my playtime means I will probably never hit the level cap much less raid.I was curious what are some achievable weapons/armor to get for myself?I have a set of banded and the shiny shield from Crushbone but was curious about things that are obtainable that do not require me to be rich and/or have rich friends.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Farm bone chips and CB belts and you can earn a few hundred plats. I'd pick up some gold fire engagement rings (much cheaper than platinum ones), some gold malachite bracers, good Amber earrings, black enameled bp and then save for some DW boots, helm, arms & gloves in that order.

If you don't have a weapon snag a sword of skyfire or green jade broadsword and save a bit more for a sword of the morning.

Grab a baton of faith too for 20+ solo and fights against no faster mobs ^^
Old 10-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farm bone chips and CB belts and you can earn a few hundred plats. I'd pick up some gold fire engagement rings (much cheaper than platinum ones), some gold malachite bracers, good Amber earrings, black enameled bp and then save for some DW boots, helm, arms & gloves in that order.

If you don't have a weapon snag a sword of skyfire or green jade broadsword and save a bit more for a sword of the morning.

Grab a baton of faith too for 20+ solo and fights against no faster mobs ^^
^ Pretty much covers it, but i'd argue DW helm is more important than the others, and you should definitely get a DW bracer as well.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 10-25-2016, 07:39 AM
Skeleton

Thank you for the replies and I apologize for my slow reply.Currently recovering from kidney surgery so have bee flat on my back and very heavily medicated for the last week.I have funded some weapon purchases off of farming CB belts and bone chips.Currently have a Baton of Faith as a 2HB,and I think I picked up Blade of Zalgox for a 2HS very cheaply around 30p iirc.Now I will start saving for armor upgrades to the banded I'm wearing following you guys advice.One further question-someone mentioned to me that dwarf cultural armor is nice but I know absolutly nothing about it.Thanks again for the tips.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Dwarf cultural armor is very very nice, but it is also expensive. Shodo makes a good point on the DW helm, which is very important from level 45+ Prior to that all you get from either is the AC, which is higher than either the gloves or arms. Once you hit 45 though, the healing component of the helm literally doubles your efficiency ^^ I'd not use the 2hb or 2hs unless you are 20+ because of melee damage caps. For example the baton of faith is effectively a 14/40 prior to L20. Hope your kidney recovers quickly ^^
Old 10-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Side note about the DW helm. It's most efficient to sit for a med tick, then immediately stand and cast the helm, then immediately sit back down when it casts and wait for the next med tick then repeat. Since the cast time is 10 seconds, you can sneak it in between a first and third tick and only miss one med tick in between (since ticks are six seconds apart). A little math behind this at level 57 where medding grants 19 mana per tick and the helm heals for 122 health per click:

Spam casting the helm and ignoring med ticks gives you six helm clicks per minute for a total of 122x6=732 health. This is at the cost of 10 med ticks or 19x10=190 mana. The health to mana ratio is 3.85. Not too shabby and way better than any of your healing spells.

But...

Sitting between casts allows you five helm clicks per minute for 122x5=610 health. However, you only lose 5 med ticks during that time or 5x19=95 mana. The health to mana ratio while doing this "helm dance" is 6.42. This is way better than the lazy method!

So put on your dancing shoes and get your sit/stand hotkey next to your helm hotkey. No one likes a lazy paladin! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd argue DW helm is more important than the others
Only at 46+. OP listed here that they're level 15. All non-leg/bp pieces are going to be about the same value for him for a long time.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So have a 15 paladin that I started playing since I enjoy tanking.As far as raiding goes I don't have to worry since my playtime means I will probably never hit the level cap much less raid.I was curious what are some achievable weapons/armor to get for myself?I have a set of banded and the shiny shield from Crushbone but was curious about things that are obtainable that do not require me to be rich and/or have rich friends.
There are only a few items that will make a noticeable difference in the power of your Paladin, and they are all pretty expensive: Fungi tunic, a haste item, and a good weapon.

My advice is to just worry about getting levels, and let the items come along the way. Once you start hunting in Unrest, there will be tons of Bronze armor that drops there, as well as stuff you can roll on like Bloodstained Tunic and Bloodstained Mantle. Once you get to Mistmoore, hunt in Pond groups and score a Crested Mistmoore Shield and Crested Spaulders.

Do some research on the P99 Wiki for each zone you hunt in and see what drops there. Trust me, this game is a lot funner if you just earn your own keep along the way.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only at 46+. OP listed here that they're level 15. All non-leg/bp pieces are going to be about the same value for him for a long time.
all kunark armour is clickable at 45 btw not 46
Old 10-28-2016, 03:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Spam casting the helm and ignoring med ticks gives you six helm clicks per minute for a total of 122x6=732 health.
Hey, I don't get this. The effect of the DW helm is Daring right ?
Everytime u cast it, u are healed for 122 HP at level 57 ?
Can someone please confirm me this ?

I'm level 57 at the moment, should I buy a DW helm or it is useless at my level ?

Thanks for answer !
Closed Thread