Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, see you there! Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Large Bat

if only the last 100 (yeah right we all know about the boxing) would just go into diabetic comas. wipe it clean 2017.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Willing to help and lowbies with buffs and newbie items. Send a tell to deetz in game.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Aviak

I have an 11 wizard. If some PLs me to Quading level, i'll put in serious effort for ya. PM me

Or if ya need clerics or whatever class, just get me over the nub hump and im in.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Aviak

what are the most OP pvp classes?
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

I feel bad for the majority of red players on the red server.* I wish something could be done to improve the situation there. There just isnt much reason to go play there unless you want a single player experience camping your own gear and leveling quickly.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Banned

^ why?

Everything Tune posted is spot-on. We have alts on alts that are better geared than top Blue players. Yes, it would be nice to have a higher pop on red, but it's still fun as it is, especially raiding. It's especially more challenging, fun, and gratifying raiding with 40 players as opposed to 100+.

If you want a set raid schedule, quicker access to pixels, and the ability to play EQ, make gains, and not lawyer quest and FTE yourself to death, come on over.

-Member of the Dozekar 4+ loot club.
Last edited by awfal; 01-07-2017 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Maybe it would be a good idea to allow a transfer from Red to Blue after 1 year on being on Red with all no drop gear to encourage people to try red? I tried Red but there was literally no one anywhere (I'm aussie).
Last edited by Ikon; 01-07-2017 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ why?

Everything Tune posted is spot-on. We have alts on alts that are better geared than top Blue players. Yes, it would be nice to have a higher pop on red, but it's still fun as it is, especially raiding. It's especially more challenging, fun, and gratifying raiding with 40 players as opposed to 100+.

If you want a set raid schedule, quicker access to pixels, and the ability to play EQ, make gains, and not lawyer quest and FTE yourself to death, come on over.

-Member of the Dozekar 4+ loot club.
Its a social game and the population is really low. A new blue player can join one of several leveling guilds which all have a higher pop than the whole red server. Also the four year head start is much more difficult to overcome on a pvp server because people can wreck you, not just mobs. I think when they banned the red to blue to red plat transfers it really killed red. Blue players cant buy their way into decent gear.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for the majority of red players on the red server.* I wish something could be done to improve the situation there. There just isnt much reason to go play there unless you want a single player experience camping your own gear and leveling quickly.
That's the nature of player vs player gaming in this type of setting. The wolves eat the sheep and keep on eating until there aren't any sheep left. Then they turn on each other until most of the wolves are gone, too, leaving the survivors standing around wondering where everyone else went. Small solace is taken in victory when the victors find themselves in control of a barren wasteland with nobody left to rule.

Quite a few of the folks I know who went to Red (and I know a lot from the early days) accepted that as the likely eventual outcome right from day 1 and enjoyed the ride. Some hold out hope for a server reset so the winners can bask in winning "round 1 of Red" while everyone else can get back into it for round 2.

Danth
Closed Thread