Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 01:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fear for the day we become some crap TAKP server that rotate mobs like scrubs. Will be a very sad day to see classic EQ die again.
Such a great feeling seeing this from a colossal douchebag like you. Please continue.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:06 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
casual dreams were crushed by esoteric rules that arent even clearly compiled anywhere that's the real story here.
^ this.

Looking at the raid rules was insufficient to inform me of how many hidden, nuanced rules may actually exist to drain the fun from the game (ie: overcoming challenges created by rule adherence)
Old 12-24-2017, 02:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this.

Looking at the raid rules was insufficient to inform me of how many hidden, nuanced rules may actually exist to drain the fun from the game (ie: overcoming challenges created by rule adherence)
It's a dumb rule, agreed. However, that rule is the very reason Lady N and Vulak were even still up in the first place.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so TMO became a serial killer later on because they got bullied in highschool and its not their fault? got it

IB was always just about dominating the content and not really giving a shit what everyone else thought about it while TMO wanted to lock everything down, take a shit on the empty spawn points, and then hold the rest of the server's faces down and smear them in it with constant forum trolling and circlejerking
Lol it's the fucking same thing. You're just biased. I'm sorry my guild ran you off the server, but I was a noob in VD at the time so you really shouldn't blame me for it.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Also you laughed at my monty pyton gif once years ago and I have a positive opinion of you because of that. All this misdirected anger at TMO, server heroes, is worsening that opinion every post. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop being mean to me.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Sources say. CSG admitted to waiting for dragons to spawn so they could petition quest M and Vulak.

Scumming it up at its finest.

Check your 6 9 and 3 people. Hide your kids and hide your wives. Cause CSG is gunna come for ya booty.

Day 2 of 20 and the fun has just started.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-24-2017, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
either you're flat out lying, or you have no idea what was going on and feel the need to talk about it anyway. I've had people from both A/A tell me their guilds had multiple people cheating at the FTE races in order to win.
We followed the rules, we negotiated agreements, and we were the ones to get destroyed. I hope you can see from my perspective how unjust this experience has been. It is saddening that my guild became the casualty over A/A rule breakers.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We followed the rules, we negotiated agreements, and we were the ones to get destroyed. I hope you can see from my perspective how unjust this experience has been. It is saddening that my guild became the casualty over A/A rule breakers.
Agnarr has as much to do with Rustle disbanding as raid rules.
FTE racing was dumb anyway so needed to change - the one hour lock was good idea though (would have worked very well with the two sim repops a month)
Old 12-24-2017, 04:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnarr has as much to do with Rustle disbanding as raid rules.
FTE racing was dumb anyway so needed to change - the one hour lock was good idea though (would have worked very well with the two sim repops a month)
agnarr did, but we probably would of survived with hour lockouts still intact, we did do nev and few others after agnarr (nev was 23 and awesome low count). if they just replaced the method of recieving FTE instead of racing (im too tired to figure out that answer) and kept hour lockouts intact, we probably would of survived even bit more casual then we even were.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agnarr did, but we probably would of survived with hour lockouts still intact, we did do nev and few others after agnarr (nev was 23 and awesome low count). if they just replaced the method of recieving FTE instead of racing (im too tired to figure out that answer) and kept hour lockouts intact, we probably would of survived even bit more casual then we even were.
Meh. We didn’t have any raid leaders.Merkk went to Red , Wooly went to EC tunnel and Snacks to fear portal. Rustle wasn’t going to last long after Agnarr. Its a tonne of work keeping even a casual guild going and even a casual guild needs a decent size roster.
Closed Thread