Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

I am actually somewhat fearful of a copycat coming into my Batphone movie.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

You know, I've been angry, I've been depressed, I've felt despair, but I've never wanted to go out and injure people. What the hell possesses these people to do these things? This dude's aparment has buckets of ammo and sophisticated booby traps that may keep nearby people evacuated for days while they try to disarm them.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just trying to point out that your danger of being randomly shot up while seeing a movie is no higher than before this incident. People tend to be a bit irrational over tragic media stories.
Agreed.

Don't get me wrong it doesn't affect my decision to go see a movie, just like 9/11 didn't affect my decision to fly.

Random murder spree's are just gut dropping..
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5HYATuH18iA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

The gunman looks like a prozac'd out assburger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Colorado is a conceal carry state. Hard to believe nobody had a gun to stop this guy. People are fucking crazy.
My thoughts exactly. Sad part is they use crap like this to enact more gun control when a bystander could have just killed his ass as soon as he pulled it out, you know before he killed 12 people and injured another 50 (source: Fox News confirmed legit)

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad part is they use crap like this to enact more gun control when a bystander could have just killed his ass as soon as he pulled it out, you know before he killed 12 people and injured another 50 (source: Fox News confirmed legit)
Or an armed bystander could have accidentally shot some other, innocent bystander in the dark, crowded theater as it filled with tear gas. The assumption that an impromptu gunfight would have caused fewer casualties is naive at best. The idea that we'd all be safer if more people brought their guns to the movies is ludicrous. I mean, assured mutual destruction has no place in movie theater security.

Not advocating more gun control, just sayin': fire isn't always what you fight fire with. Sometimes you use water, or dirt or various foams and stuff.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

I like those odds a lot better than sitting there like a defenseless slave waiting in line to be killed anyways

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
Quote:
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like those odds a lot better than sitting there like a defenseless slave waiting in line to be killed anyways
Is that really how you feel in social situations? Like someone might leap out and shoot you at any moment? That must be a pretty tortured existence, feeling so insecure all the time. I hope you get better, friend.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

No, but this tragedy happened right? It could happen anytime, anywhere... so scout's motto. This is why we need more guns on the street. There's places in the south where people just don't rob the local liquor store cuz they're packin heat and so is every bystander. And if guns kill people, then pencils make spelling mistakes.

Quote:
Last edited by Lucky; 07-20-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned

I'm afraid of copycats, too. I don't even get why someone would do something like this to complete strangers? Why? What does it do?
Closed Thread