Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Red wants a ton of stuff put in. I'd put yellow text in well before 2-boxing...and arguably it would dull the R99 immersion - if my 2 wizards see your 2 wizards first, I've won [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red wants a ton of stuff put in. I'd put yellow text in well before 2-boxing...and arguably it would dull the R99 immersion - if my 2 wizards see your 2 wizards first, I've won [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
need yt bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

2-boxing on red would help population so much though. population numbers would more than double. all the bluebies that want to two box would quit being wusses and start toons on the PVP server.

getting a bit off topic but tbh if red had classic Rallos rules i'd play on there. only being able to loot plat is so gimp. =p
Old 03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
grouped with a guy who was boxing/botting 4 toons.

the ban hammer was dropped
Hope it was the douche that's been camping Guktop.. Myself and some of my friends have petitioned multiple times, yet we keep seeing him. He's not even trying to hide it, its blatantly obvious.. Personally am thinking its a gm.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing on red would help population so much though. population numbers would more than double. all the bluebies that want to two box would quit being wusses and start toons on the PVP server.

getting a bit off topic but tbh if red had classic Rallos rules i'd play on there. only being able to loot plat is so gimp. =p
All the bluebies that wanted to two box quit and left for PEQ. Quit trying to say Red is good.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing on red would help population so much though
I'm sure wizard duos would be awesome to play as, and horrible to face.

In short, not a good idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey, I'm just some random player new to this emu but no to EQ by any means.I posted this in concern to your 2 boxing rule and just want to say THIS IS A JOKE.People are boxing all over the place and the admins here could care less for my observation.Though they may be not using MQ,they ARE boxing.
Here I am struggling when I guess I should just box and be done with it.I'm not the narc type so I don't petition,but It's plain as day it's happening.I really liked the idea of everyone playing individual characters (like in 1999).Here it's just not the case.With that being said,I'm glad I did not put more time into this server.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Default !

Your best bet is to report/petition it.

Gm's can't be everywhere at once. It's very easy for gm's to catch ppl 2 boxing on one computer but when it's not on a single computer that's the tricky part- a petition/report would need to be filed for the gm(s) to look into it further. There's nothing wrong with reporting someone if you think they are boxing because honestly if they aren't boxing then I would think they could prove it, regardless of the situation. Best to report them w/out saying a word to the person- unless you just wanna see their reaction. If you want someone caught boxing, report them- and don't give them a heads up (if they are boxing then they're screwed, qq, gg, have fun)

It's like bitching about people illegally claiming false dependencies #'s on their w2s, don't like it? report it or stfu! But hey- I mean this in the most respectable way possible.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisfunnytomebro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I'm just some random player new to this emu but no to EQ by any means.I posted this in concern to your 2 boxing rule and just want to say THIS IS A JOKE.People are boxing all over the place and the admins here could care less for my observation.Though they may be not using MQ,they ARE boxing.
Here I am struggling when I guess I should just box and be done with it.I'm not the narc type so I don't petition,but It's plain as day it's happening.I really liked the idea of everyone playing individual characters (like in 1999).Here it's just not the case.With that being said,I'm glad I did not put more time into this server.
In short, if you don't petition you're part of the problem...and the problem isn't going away if you're really seeing this happen.

Probably a troll account though, "bro".
Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Large Bat

SOK... Honestly guys, drop the short sighted view on this your being fools. This is not someone (for example the guy with 5 mages and a cleric dicking players over). Also, on live, and not to mention back in the day, this was not frowned upon unless it was extremely excessive, such as one person 6 boxing and holding a wanted camp or some such. So ask yourself (GM's..and no I'm NOT HATING ON YOU..) Why exactly, considering the complete lack of being able to find groups most of the time is this so frowned upon that i would like to log in a shm on my other computer for while im lfg?. I can 100% understand anything more then one boxed char. But if your new to the server are you going to make a rog? doubt it. war? prob not. monk? if your determined enough to do so maybe. ranger? lol... No what i see is worse then two boxing. Its super twinks that run around refusing groups. In fact almost every single melee I've seen is twinked to hell. new players i meet? playing druids, shm, necro, mage. What i'm getting at is this. I log into kurns tower and shit, not single person here after running from fp. I start to solo on my monk, downtime is retarded. Whats the problem having a backup plan? its not cheating, its not unreasonable. I would be willing to bet allowing a single boxed alt, as long as no problems are caused from it from person X it is bit dramatic. If someone finds p99, logs in and realizes groups are very few and far between why force them to a solo class? or to sit around waiting? They'll no doubt just get sick of it and leave. Obviously its not for everyone, but does it really give an advantage? not all that much as your making it out to be. Personally i have not nor will i break the rules but i will indeed voice my opinion on this topic. Anyhow just my two cents. Not everyone wants to play solo classes, knowing a group is going to be something you don't see much. yet I've heard it from several people, "i would rather play a rog, but without crazy twink gear i'd never level up because groups are so hard to get" So if you think the rule is fair, i say to you. make a brand new rog, no twink gear and see how much fun u have having your face eaten while a monk runs around in a fungi soloing the entire top levels of kurns because of gear.
Closed Thread