Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOK... Honestly guys, drop the short sighted view on this your being fools. This is not someone (for example the guy with 5 mages and a cleric dicking players over). Also, on live, and not to mention back in the day, this was not frowned upon unless it was extremely excessive, such as one person 6 boxing and holding a wanted camp or some such. So ask yourself (GM's..and no I'm NOT HATING ON YOU..) Why exactly, considering the complete lack of being able to find groups most of the time is this so frowned upon that i would like to log in a shm on my other computer for while im lfg?. I can 100% understand anything more then one boxed char. But if your new to the server are you going to make a rog? doubt it. war? prob not. monk? if your determined enough to do so maybe. ranger? lol... No what i see is worse then two boxing. Its super twinks that run around refusing groups. In fact almost every single melee I've seen is twinked to hell. new players i meet? playing druids, shm, necro, mage. What i'm getting at is this. I log into kurns tower and shit, not single person here after running from fp. I start to solo on my monk, downtime is retarded. Whats the problem having a backup plan? its not cheating, its not unreasonable. I would be willing to bet allowing a single boxed alt, as long as no problems are caused from it from person X it is bit dramatic. If someone finds p99, logs in and realizes groups are very few and far between why force them to a solo class? or to sit around waiting? They'll no doubt just get sick of it and leave. Obviously its not for everyone, but does it really give an advantage? not all that much as your making it out to be. Personally i have not nor will i break the rules but i will indeed voice my opinion on this topic. Anyhow just my two cents. Not everyone wants to play solo classes, knowing a group is going to be something you don't see much. yet I've heard it from several people, "i would rather play a rog, but without crazy twink gear i'd never level up because groups are so hard to get" So if you think the rule is fair, i say to you. make a brand new rog, no twink gear and see how much fun u have having your face eaten while a monk runs around in a fungi soloing the entire top levels of kurns because of gear.
Too long; poster retarded.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree, P99 has its own rules and on boxing (if I haven't made it clear already) I fully support banning of boxes to keep grouping opportunities as good as can be.
honestly, you just dont get it. If you have a group, and no healer, you really wana sit around and wait forever to find one? or someone says hey, i have a cleric i could bring to help keep the group going. same with shm, dps, tanks. your argument fails sir. sorry
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Kobold

I like the no boxing rule. It's made me work harder and be a bit smarter about what I'm doing, even if I sometimes wish I could take the easy way out.

If you are really adamant about allowing boxing in this environment, I encourage you to start reading up over at EQEmu: http://eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka.php...CategoryServer. With a few easy steps, you can have your own server and box to your heart's content!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Large Bat

the easy way out? lol. not even going to argue, ive yet to see a good, decent argument against 2 boxing, you act like its god mode easy and its not. like i said, im not doing it but i see no reason its not allowed.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Kobold

The reason it's not allowed is simple - the administrators of the server have stated that they do not want it happening here. They don't answer to either of us, so no further reasoning is really necessary.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobold

^^^ that...

Plus 2 Boxing hurts grouping even more and if you think it's hard to get groups now it becomes even worse with 2+ boxing. The notion that people would only 2 box to 'save' a group is crazy talk. Or that people would drop one of their characters to add an LFG player is also crazy. See where this leads? To everyone 2 boxing, and you're worse off.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

On live, 2boxing wasn't frowned upon because you were paying for two monthly sub, + the cost of two games, + two sets of all the expansions.

Original EQ was a product to be sold for a profit, this is not.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly, you just dont get it. If you have a group, and no healer, you really wana sit around and wait forever to find one? or someone says hey, i have a cleric i could bring to help keep the group going. same with shm, dps, tanks. your argument fails sir. sorry
I'll take you more seriously when you post on your primary forum account, not this troll one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YOU don't seem to get it however, people don't see past themselves with boxing. There's plenty of us out there that don't want to box, and by keeping the boxers off the server it keeps a level playing field.

1. If you allow boxing you'll see an explosion in account sales.
2. As a by product, you'll see people PL'ing more frequently in places like Unrest/MM because they're levelling a character to sell (dicking on legit groups as we see already).
3. If you allow 2-boxing... is 3-boxing ok? 6-boxing?
4. Grouping is hard work from the mid-30s up to the late-40s, people WILL box to get around that. LFG time is classic, leave it as it is.
5. Every other EQemu server other than P99 allows boxing, feel free to enjoy those servers.

EDIT: EverQuest isn't easy, and it was never meant to be easy in the early days. Stop trying to make your own lazy life easier and play along with what the game was designed to do... as in force you to group up with others, make friends, and meet new people.

If you want easy, go and play a WoW emulator.
Last edited by Swish; 03-29-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

I wait patiently for the day they allow two-boxing. I will finally get to roll my Ranger/Cleric duo.

I also wait patiently for someone to give me a reason why TWO-BOXING (Not 3, 4, 5, 6, 26 boxing. LIMIT TWO.) would never work successfully.

Every argument against it is always something that could be prevented with RULES. Rules that would make them BAN-ABLE OFFENSES.

The argument that people would PL alts to sell... Well damn, selling accounts should be a ban-able offense in itself. Account sales were not classic, that shit would get you banned in a heartbeat.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Two-boxing takes a level of skill most of you pleb casual Everquest players just simply cannot handle. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]