Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Kobold

I think some people are forgetting your note that you're pretty green to the game. I don't know what your funds are like, but I'm guessing you can't buy a lot of the things people have listed. If you can, go for it. But let's talk basics.

Find your choice in mob - blue, non-caster mobs, same type. I think I was quadding around the giant fort in Frontier Mountains in this range. Try out a single mob! Snare him four times quickly (to keep your mana pool in line with four other mobs), then kill the single mob with your lightning spell. Check your mana pool throughout the fight. A good rule of thumb for most fights in EQ is this - if your mana pool is consistently lower than the mob's health, you'll need to conserve more mana, because you won't finish the fight. If you can easily take down a single mob, you're in a good range for quadding.

Things to remember:

- Always start quads with a fresh SoW and 100% mana bar.
- Blue-con, non-caster, same-type mobs.
- If you find that you're cutting it close with mana, hit your mobs with lightning, run, sit/med until they get close. You can skip every third "pull" for some mana boost.
- Don't forget to take resists and fizzles into consideration!

I quadded almost exclusively from 34-55. I never had great gear until 53+ and I never had a Lumi Staff. You'll be alright.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenkoCambria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try out a single mob!
Pretty much this. +mana / +wis whatever. If you can drop a single mob with your current mana pool, you're good to quad.

Another tip: It doesn't matter how long you med. It matters when you med. If you can find the server tick, you can meditate while kiting and that WILL save your butt eventually. It's once every 6 seconds, there's a couple false ticks that might be displayed on UI. But if you get the timing down, you only have to sit for ~1 sec every 6.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Kobold

I would recommend giving the Tizmaks a try in great divide. "just avoid the casters".
You can get a good feel for it with my write up on the Wiki
http://wiki.project1999.com/Saum%27s...Kiting_Velious

One of the benefits I found there is if you bind at the thurg bank you can pick up lots of ports when you gate back and sell the stuff you looted from the Tizmaks. This really bank rolled my gear while I was leveling.

As far as the Lumin staff goes I have mixed feelings about it. I always used it as a finishing tool. More than once it has saved my bacon. Yet other days it never left the bag.

Happy hunting
Saum
The Quad Kiting Druid
Old 11-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Aviak

You can quad giants and dire wolves in Iceclad and work on your TOV faction at the same time. Plenty of room just south of Eastern Waste bridge with very few roamers. The sit every 6 seconds will help tremendously if you are cutting it close.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Kobold

But remember that Velious mobs have higher HP than their Kunark/OG equivalents.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenkoCambria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think some people are forgetting your note that you're pretty green to the game. I don't know what your funds are like, but I'm guessing you can't buy a lot of the things people have listed. If you can, go for it. But let's talk basics.

Find your choice in mob - blue, non-caster mobs, same type. I think I was quadding around the giant fort in Frontier Mountains in this range. Try out a single mob! Snare him four times quickly (to keep your mana pool in line with four other mobs), then kill the single mob with your lightning spell. Check your mana pool throughout the fight. A good rule of thumb for most fights in EQ is this - if your mana pool is consistently lower than the mob's health, you'll need to conserve more mana, because you won't finish the fight. If you can easily take down a single mob, you're in a good range for quadding.

Things to remember:

- Always start quads with a fresh SoW and 100% mana bar.
- Blue-con, non-caster, same-type mobs.
- If you find that you're cutting it close with mana, hit your mobs with lightning, run, sit/med until they get close. You can skip every third "pull" for some mana boost.
- Don't forget to take resists and fizzles into consideration!

I quadded almost exclusively from 34-55. I never had great gear until 53+ and I never had a Lumi Staff. You'll be alright.
Good post
Old 11-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Velium Ruby Veil - 8Wis - 400pp
Shroud of Nature - 6Wis - 600pp
Bone Amulet of Blade Turning - 6Wis (+10Mana) - 200pp
Platinum Armband - 3Wis - 100pp
Onyx Drakescale Cloak - (+35Mana) - 200pp
Mucilaginous Girdle - 6Wis - 500pp
Prayer Cloth of Tunare - 3Wis - 50pp
Chipped Bone Bracelet X2 - 10Wis - 400pp
Gatorscale Leggings - 4Wis - 400pp
Blockcutter gloves - 3Wis - 50pp
Cone of the Mystics - 5Wis (+50Mana) - 350pp

Total: 54 Wisdom increase, +95 Mana, for 3,250pp

Bonus: Frozen Orb - 3Wis (+40Mana) - 700pp

If you have a few more K to spend you can also do some +mana items in the form of BS ears/necklace. +mana usually gives a better return until lvl 35, then +wis is king. GeBs are nice, but I tried to leave out anything over 1k per single item. So for about 3-4k you can be quadding, depending on how much of this gear you already have.

I successfully quadded at 34 with 1570 mana. I also failed sometimes because mobs can RNG resist like crazy. Better to have at least 1600 mana starting out, which you can achieve with the above items. If you cannot afford to push past 1600 mana, then level the slow way til 35 or 36 because you will get more mana as you level.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I think some people are forgetting your note that you're pretty green to the game. I don't know what your funds are like, but I'm guessing you can't buy a lot of the things people have listed. If you can, go for it. But let's talk basics....
Excellent post. Also, for my old halfling druid I made a goal of farming for loot as much as I could as I leveled. So from levels 5-11 this meant orcs for belts (lesser faydark orcs drop them too for that lvl 10-11 push), lvl 12-14 Steamfont minotaurs, 14-19 lesser faydark sisters, and so forth. The items I wanted were to be the best 'bang for the buck' wisdom adders.

Edit - the poster above me listed the cheap items I was going to list.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

The real trick to quadding isn't a huge mana pool but knowing how to sit right at 5-6 seconds and then keep running so that you can regen mana as though you're sitting while still running around kiting.
With how the ticks work visually, (at least on my computer) your mana/hp often seems to move 2 or even 3 times during the 6 seconds and you need to figure out which one actually is the tick to sit for mana regen and that can be a bit confusing.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibo49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velium Ruby Veil - 8Wis - 400pp
Shroud of Nature - 6Wis - 600pp
Bone Amulet of Blade Turning - 6Wis (+10Mana) - 200pp
Platinum Armband - 3Wis - 100pp
Onyx Drakescale Cloak - (+35Mana) - 200pp
Mucilaginous Girdle - 6Wis - 500pp
Prayer Cloth of Tunare - 3Wis - 50pp
Chipped Bone Bracelet X2 - 10Wis - 400pp
Gatorscale Leggings - 4Wis - 400pp
Blockcutter gloves - 3Wis - 50pp
Cone of the Mystics - 5Wis (+50Mana) - 350pp

Total: 54 Wisdom increase, +95 Mana, for 3,250pp

Bonus: Frozen Orb - 3Wis (+40Mana) - 700pp

If you have a few more K to spend you can also do some +mana items in the form of BS ears/necklace. +mana usually gives a better return until lvl 35, then +wis is king. GeBs are nice, but I tried to leave out anything over 1k per single item. So for about 3-4k you can be quadding, depending on how much of this gear you already have.

I successfully quadded at 34 with 1570 mana. I also failed sometimes because mobs can RNG resist like crazy. Better to have at least 1600 mana starting out, which you can achieve with the above items. If you cannot afford to push past 1600 mana, then level the slow way til 35 or 36 because you will get more mana as you level.
This. Also would add Charred Guardian Shield for secondary... +9 wis for a few hundred plat at most.
Closed Thread