Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Kobold

Perhaps you never ran across any of the myriad of sites devoted to providing information about Everquest, many of them mirrored to provide the same assistance to players here. No information available indeed. Wish I could be a young guru like yourself.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Just because it's out there it doesn't mean you should directly spread it around more. Also, most sites have information these days tailored to current EQ and not all of that will be accurate to this server. Clearly, the impediment to finding the information is enough that many people have PMed me asking for more info. I will help in an appropriate manner. I used to write guides all the time that gave very concrete leveling and cash paths and, looking back now, it's better for the game if you hint and give broad information rather than telling people exactly what to do such that they aren't making their own decisions.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Aviak

Way to take an opinion and present it as fact. But then, that's what you've been doing since you arrived here.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Huh? I've provided much factual info about classic EQ, and very strong opinions, but I never said my opinions are facts. When I say "the game is more rewarding when played in XYZ way", that is an opinion, even if it as stated in a frank manner. However, it should be noted that opinions vary in usefulness and in how well-informed they are. All opinions are not equal solely because they are opinions.

What is a fact, though, is that a game immediately changes when you alter the means of the game. If you go play Doom, and then enter a cheat code, you are no longer playing the same game. Everquest, in theory, is a game of ever-changing details, but in terms of the broad game you are doing yourself a big disservice if you want to try and experience classic EQ without actually exploring and trying things of your own inspiration.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The internet is a cruel, anonymous fight club where your weaknesses will be exploited and your fears used against you. Use the internet for entertainment and maybe information, as long as you realize that most of it is false. But if your sole social circle exists entirely online, you're already fucked if you can't hack it alone, because you are.
Sithix Wraithscale - Necro
Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Someone should post an up to date guide here.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're calling all the iksar and cat players you've run into "fanfags" and yet you have Lolth tattoed on your arm? That's the pot calling the kettle black.
^ lol

edit: ps; Iksars suck ass.
Last edited by Kieu; 04-06-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone should post an up to date guide here.
The zones haven't changed...

FOB 1-10 (however)
Kurns 10-20 (pet/tap tanking)
WW/LOIO 20-30 (fear kiting)
OT 30-40ish (fear kiting)
DL/EJ 40ish-50 (fear kiting)
COM 49-55 (charming)
Karnors/HS 54-60 (charming)

Personally would do 30-40 in HHK (pet/tap tanking)

Charming 49+ CoM --> HS/Karnors

49 is good if you want to camp fear staff in Kaesora and get slow xp at the same time, but then again it prob won't get much use after that.
Last edited by Coan; 04-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: i'm dumb
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Swish's Quickly Typed Iksar necro levelling guide:-

GOLDEN RULE: You do NOT need a group!

Mostly a Kunark affair. Why leave an island that's so good, particularly in the early game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1-11 - Field of Bone, in the pit...and mobs around the outside.

12-20 - Kurn's Tower - My 50 necro is still using bone chips farmed in there for pets (slowly going down in the bank). 1st floor up to 18 and pull some greater scalebones / lesser charbones from upstairs as required across the bridge. Don't kill any burynai!

20-22 - Crap levels really, you'll struggle to get enough decent mobs in Kurn's Tower. You're not quite high enough for the Warslik's Woods giant fort. I headed out to LOIO near the windmill - there's some static undead spawns dotted around mixed in with tigers, goblins and stuff.

22-29 - Warslik's Wood giants - they're quite meaty for HP but don't let their intimidating size fool you. There's a safe spot on the hill near one entrance to pull to and around. The 24 pet (find words of detachment if you can to make it, took me forever) will really boost your dps. Good cash drops and some item drops too.

30-36/37 - Mix it up between Frontier Mountains giants and OT mobs. FM has a lot of wandering stuff, if you managed not to kill any badgers they'll still be dubious and are one less thing to worry about. Giants again represent chances for loot. OT mobs are plentiful as long as some asshole bard isn't sweeping the area...better to be by FM than Skyshrine, and fear kiting down the road to the FM zoneline.

38-49 - Spectres. I preferred Feerott because its generally less camped and you haven't got to worry about levitate (no DMF til 44). Good cash, you can sell the scythes at the ogre vendors in skeleton form and bank in Oggok (definitely keep skellie form on).

50+ - Everyone does it differently.

a) City of Mist - moat mobs.

b) Seafuries - there's competition but its a great cash camp if you're playing offpeak.

c) The Hole - with some screaming terror/FD splitting its doable, not easy. Probably want to get past the elementals at the entrance and drop down to get at some better mobs. Bind outside the zone.

d) Felwithe B guards. My own little project. 20pp swords drop with other FS items sometimes. Can fear kite with relative comfort around the zone-in. Bind and sell at the Steamfont druid vendor for sales. Hide behind the wall to the banker's left in Felwithe to bank. CoS advisable but you'll likely have one by now, and WR bags really help!

e) Highkeep Nobles - dodgy pathing sometimes, be careful.

55+

Back to Kunark - Burning Wood giant fort, popular spot but if you can lock that down you're good to 59-60 with a lot of patience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ITEMS:-

Journeyman Boots (can't be underestimated for a fear kite gone wrong or a failed FD, bad pull, etc)
Circlet of Shadow (gets you out of some sticky situations when FD and great to insta-invis)

...some necros build HP/STA over INT. That's up to you, 55 HP rings etc, INT is never a huge deal - certainly don't aim for 255. My necro still has a ton of technically empty slots and gets by fine. Would recommend +4 INT/+2 STA earrings or vice versa.

Overall a very fun journey. If you want to get to 60 by next week in the same fashion that everyone wants Velious now now now...then don't pick an iksar, but do remember that once you hit 60, your innate regen TOWERS over erudites/dark elves/gnomes/etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keep in mind the pet damage. If you feel like your pet has done over 50% of the damage, pull him off at ~25-20% mob health and let the dots tick down to ensure you get the full XP. Nothing worse than letting Jibober try and level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Keep giving your pet 2 rusty weapons where you can (rusty daggers are light, but not many around in Kunark), it'll help his dps. At 44 the pet naturally dual wields so it won't matter.

Hope that wasn't too shitty to read - feel free to add suggestions. I'll cross-post this t to the Casters forum.
Last edited by Swish; 04-06-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Warsliks Woods giant fort is amazing, as is the FM giant fort. Both are great exp, and the loot can be very nice if you're lucky enough.

24-38 easily doable there for a necro (split between the two obviously corresponding to levels)
Closed Thread