Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Orc

Hi verity, I remember you from sleeper/combine with your bard. I was pheerie from dead halfling society. Good to see you here. I cancelled my WOW account this week to focus my small amount of gaming time here and plan on donating soon.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requeim70 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remember the progression server on EQLive has all the new stuff in it (Spells/Newbie Quests/PoK) that that away from the experience.
I support project1999 but I feel oblligated to correct some of this statement. I played on the eqlive prog server during beta and when it went live. During beta some of the new noobie gear quests were available but these were disabled before it went live. POK was not available until pop.

They did have the updated spell damage values which made casters OP, as well as jaggedpine forest in "vanilla" whic of course everyone flocked to pre-kunark. Then in kunark they allowed the new hotzone item drops and out of combat medding to be rolled in which killed a lot of the old schoool feel. I am guessing they won't remove ooc medding this time around either.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

what up starklen! I will probably play on the progression server. I want to play some of the content after velious. That being said, id agree that for the most part this server gives a far superior classic experience.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I wanted to add my story.

I left UO because of the player killing to become involved in the EQ beta back in the day, and played for many years. I enjoyed the game greatly and frequently found myself defending the game against detractors. I left shortly after Luclin and drifted through many games and betas: EQ2, Wow, AC2, SWG, Vanguard, Aion, etc. A few times I went back to EQ, but every time was increasingly sadder because of how badly the game had fallen from those early days.

I had pretty much given up on finding a game that matched the level of challenge that early EQ provided, and every time I went back to EQ it had warped things a little more, so much so that now it is hardly recognizable. When I downloaded EQ Titanium, worked through all the technical issues, and finally logged into Erudin to see and feel the same world I had played over a decade ago, I was amazed and nearly overcome by how great it felt to be back. Here was the world I remembered, all the danger, corpse runs, and excitement.

I am so grateful that these unpaid, tireless, volunteers have brought back this experience. You guys are amazing. I don't know why you devs do it, but please continue to do so because the world still needs a game like this, and every new game seems to be trying to be a better Wow clone (and notice how they all keep failing). Thanks, and keep up the good work, you have my appreciation.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

this server will be dead when eq progression comes out
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt it, most of us wouldnt give SoE another dime.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am so grateful that these unpaid, tireless, volunteers have brought back this experience. You guys are amazing. I don't know why you devs do it, but please continue to do so because the world still needs a game like this, and every new game seems to be trying to be a better Wow clone (and notice how they all keep failing). Thanks, and keep up the good work, you have my appreciation.
Best thing I've read in any thread in quite a while. Well said! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ progression was a massive failure in comparison to this.

Hotzones, non-era specific drops off of decaying skeletons (and others), spells you shouldn't have, quests you shouldn't have, etc.

It was a fucking joke.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Kobold

And *drumroll* here it is boyz!

Name the new server, coming in March.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ne...le.vm?id=52135
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

Definately gonna be named Fippy Darkpaw. There's no contest here.
Closed Thread