Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned

Default Everquest Next to be revealed on Friday

Here is what I am HOPING for:
  • Paid sub (keep it reasonable like $4.99) Screw that pay to win crap.
  • Pre-dates EQ1, with all the classic continents etc.
  • Hardcore. Same as Classic EQ - Death means something etc.
  • PvP server with 3 teams
  • No instanced crap. I want to camp, KS, Train etc.

What am I missing?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Banned

dude ive always loved the pingu avatar and sig gif
Old 07-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Realistically speaking if it is a paid sub it will probably follow like other games that are paid sub and follow in the steps of the paid sub genre it created, and cost something like $14.99/mo
Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'm going to roll a Drakkin Warlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

I'm thinking that most end game content will be instanced with a combo of classic style world spawns. I would like to see classic style raid mobs, but if they did, the game wouldn't survive with todays ezmode playerbase.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

It's Pay to Win so enjoy buying potions and stupid items with Station Cash.

I don't think it will be any good because MMOs are a dead industry run by accountants.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Here's what I know:
Races and factions - like EQ1 there will be race/class restrictions. Barbarians for example can be the usual classes (Warrior, Bezerkers (or whatever they call the melee DPS class, Shaman). Different starting stats per race and racial abilities (no clue if the racials are meaningful). If that Barbarian chooses and wants to become an Enchanter, he can go raise his faction with a race that has that class. It won't be an easy ordeal and will take effort. At the time of my info, factions could be individually raised. So a high elf could raise their faction and eventually be accepted by the dark elves but at the cost of their own city/race faction.
The classes I've had confirmed are Warrior, Cleric, Shaman, Wizard, Enchanter, Ranger, Druid, Rogue. There are more, but that was all I know of at this moment.
The playable races I had confirmed are Human, High Elf, Dark Elf, Kerran, Kobold, Ogre, Troll. Again there are more than those playable those are just what I know is playable. I tried to get Ratonga and Iksar confirmation but don't have that yet.
Norrath - the world is gigantic. No zones. The world is seamless. There will be instances in respect to some raids and dungeons but a lot of open dungeons a la EQ1. The extent to which we can damage the environment is still unknown. That's under wraps pretty tight so I'd imagine its damageable to a good extent.
Spells - no more spell trainers. Abilities are granted passively and the big ones have quests and trials attached to them. Enchanters will have to seek out people around the world to learn and study with. Wizards will have to find various tomes to study to learn to weave the strongest spells. Not sure on the spell weaving mechanic but they seemed to indicate the ability to create and discover new spells. So not every wizards spell book will be the same.
Combat - there will be hotbars. It will NOT be like EQ2s combat abortion. That's about all I know on that. I've pressed for details but that info is locked down tight. Tad could well be right here I concede but if I had to guess, it'll be action based combat with a limited skill set load out.
Crafting - it is in the game, it is interdependent and its supposedly more meaning than they've ever made it. Players will be able to make useful and sought after gear and stuff at all levels. Raid/Dungeon crafting drops confirmed but no mechanics specifics.
Misc - this game will be FTP. It will have a cash shop. SOE will make the world, dungeons, raids as usual. Their version of emergent gameplay is us creating content via their dungeon maker/player studio. Player made PVP battlegrounds. This player created content is all instanced not part of the persistent world. So is housing. Guild housing will be in from the get go as well.
Beta - it's already in friends and family alpha/beta. After SOE live, beta will begin early Aug/late Sept. they are trying to launch Nov/Dec. the latest this game will launch is Feb/March time frame. They are much farther along then they let on and that's part of their surprise.
Minus a detail here or there, that's all I got. Take it for what it's worth to you.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

There is no released info like the above post, the leak is iffy at best only confirming a few known facts, and the rest is conjecture. No one "knows" shit, even the info thats been released is vague and open to interpretation.

All SOE games will be F2p from here on out and so will most other mmos unless they have a niche game with no competition like Eve.

They've said the game will be open world, but haven't said there won't be any instances. Probably will be, sucks. If the game is predominantly instanced, I won't be playing.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no released info like the above post, the leak is iffy at best only confirming a few known facts, and the rest is conjecture. No one "knows" shit, even the info thats been released is vague and open to interpretation.

All SOE games will be F2p from here on out and so will most other mmos unless they have a niche game with no competition like Eve.

They've said the game will be open world, but haven't said there won't be any instances. Probably will be, sucks. If the game is predominantly instanced, I won't be playing.
Why would you act like you are so sure the above poster doesn't have info that you don't have? Do you know the poster personally?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is what I am HOPING for:
  • Paid sub (keep it reasonable like $4.99) Screw that pay to win crap.
  • Pre-dates EQ1, with all the classic continents etc.
  • Hardcore. Same as Classic EQ - Death means something etc.
  • PvP server with 3 teams
  • No instanced crap. I want to camp, KS, Train etc.

What am I missing?
They already revealed eqn will be same time as eq1.
They also stated they are trying to stay away from instanced content as much as possible.
Last edited by kaos057; 07-30-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Closed Thread