Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Kobold

Default Reclaim Energy on Mage Focus Items

The effect should be able to be triggered from the inventory, thus used by classes who do not have access to the "Reclaim Energy" spell. This is currently not the case, as it gives a "your class/race/deity cannot use the item" message.

Shamans using it. Clickable from inventory slot.

Quote:

Great item for shamans.
Posted: May 18 2001 10:12pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this | Follow
Anonymous
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
Since shamans never get a reclaim energy spell, the reclaim energy right-clickable on the broom (or any of the mage focus items) is very nice. I keep my broom with me whenever I think I'll be using my pet.
----------------------------
FFXI - Quit long time ago...
Server: Hades
Link to this post 3 replies
Posting from MN
mewzillion, Posted: Jul 24 2001 3:21am, Score: Sub-Default, [expand] yep u can use it form inventory slot

People confirming that the effect can be used by other classes.

Quote:
Can the reclaim energy effect be used by non-mages?
Posted: Sep 10 2001 9:39am | IP: Logged | Reply to this | Follow
Anonymous
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
In looking for a reclaim energy item for my nec I've run across tons of reclaim energy items for mages, but only velious bracers for necs.

Will this shovel, right-clicked in the inventory of a nec, succeed? I know it works from inventory of a mage, and I know some items (ie, Circlet of Shadow, Words of Darkness) that work from inventory are still class restricted.

Thanks in advance!
FFXI - Quit long time ago...
Server: Hades
Link to this post 2 replies
Posting from MN
RE: Can the reclaim energy effect be used by non-mages?
Posted: Feb 10 2002 6:59am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Zyphyr
Scholar
146 posts
Score: Decent
Yes, the reclaim efect can be used by non-mages. I know many shaman who have/use one of the foci to reclaim their dogs.

Another source stating that it can be used by shamans.

Quote:
Shovel of Ponz (general inventory)

Yes, I know it's a magician only item, but Shaman can use the effect of reclaim energy from a general inventory slot. Reclaim Energy kills your pet, but gives you mana (depending on the amount of HP your pet has). Awesome for emergencies when you need an extra 200 mana, or for when you need to zone and your pet would die anyway.
Fix please.
Last edited by Gorroth; 07-06-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Developer

According to alakazam it's "Any Slot/Can Equip". Maybe this was changed at some point.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=64
Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

You provided evidence from 2001, which is post-Kunark. You need proof that your claims are actually classic.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

i highly doubt that they would have added the ability for other classes to use a mage focus items later on. if anything, they would have fixed/removed it
Old 07-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Guh, not this argument again. Each time someone wants to be a cockblock about a minor thing, they fling around that pretext.

Content is tweaked for the Classic Era, not just "Classic" aka vanilla Everquest without any expansion. If the devs really want to go on a case-by-case basis and disable/re-enable stuff when they release expansions, that's their right. Other than that, things that were available during the EQ trilogy will be made available regardless of when *exactly* they were implemented (e.g. Wu's armor, etc.).

Now about this particular topic, it's a small secret of the trade, something that wasn't very well documented. It took a bit of time for the players to find out about it and a little more to post about it, hence why the posts are Kunark-Velious era and not "true classic".

For me, if people *really* want to make us believe that Verant went around and changed this item to be clickable by everyone from the inventory when it was only usable from the very start by mages only, they're either being buttholes or delusional about MMO development in general.

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everquest
# The Ruins of Kunark (March 2000)
# The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
# The Shadows of Luclin (December 2001)

So yeah, the posts are indeed "Classic^TM" in my book.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guh, not this argument again. Each time someone wants to be a cockblock about a minor thing, they fling around that pretext.

Content is tweaked for the Classic Era, not just "Classic" aka vanilla Everquest without any expansion. If the devs really want to go on a case-by-case basis and disable/re-enable stuff when they release expansions, that's their right. Other than that, things that were available during the EQ trilogy will be made available regardless of when *exactly* they were implemented (e.g. Wu's armor, etc.).

Now about this particular topic, it's a small secret of the trade, something that wasn't very well documented. It took a bit of time for the players to find out about it and a little more to post about it, hence why the posts are Kunark-Velious era and not "true classic".

For me, if people *really* want to make us believe that Verant went around and changed this item to be clickable by everyone from the inventory when it was only usable from the very start by mages only, they're either being buttholes or delusional about MMO development in general.

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everquest
# The Ruins of Kunark (March 2000)
# The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
# The Shadows of Luclin (December 2001)

So yeah, the posts are indeed "Classic^TM" in my book.
If this argument were the case wed have the sub-50 spells that came with Kunark already available to us as well, but we dont because they are going to release them when they were actually released.

So your argument holds no truth or ground.

As to the OP. Thatd be nice if they made it that way, Id actually get one! ANd eat my pets till I got a dark blue, and iIm sure Zilo could abuse his wolf procs for mana as well.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

I think I remember mages being able to reclaim energy on eye of zomm for a while for huge mana regen.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this argument were the case wed have the sub-50 spells that came with Kunark already available to us as well, but we dont because they are going to release them when they were actually released.

So your argument holds no truth or ground.
Flawed logic. Kunark spells are sold by Kunark vendors, thus they shouldn't be available yet.

I can't believe I'm meeting so much resistance here, do you people enjoy making things difficult for others? Here, I'll make it real easy to understand, complete with bullet points.

- There's no reason why it would have been changed from being a mage-only effect to being able to be used by everyone. Mage focus items most likely behaved this way from the start.

- It does not grant an unfair advantage to some classes/races (i.e. no possible expoits that I know of).

- It is classic, as evidenced by the linked posts.

Therefore, it should be fixed.

Want to know of an other item that gives an even bigger advantage to some people? The famous guise of the deceiver. It behaves exactly the same way as the mage focus items, being able to be clicked from the inventory and granting its effect to the user even though it can't be equipped. It lets good races bank and sell in evil cities without needing to be an enchanter; talk about a borderline unfair advantage.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Maybe it was usable from inventory for classes not supposed to have access to it. Many things was. that was the reason they removed eg. the guise from drops and made a new item. letting those that already got the original one keep it, as it weren't really killing game ballance, just a minor effect that the dev's didn't want everyone to be able to have access to..

Now, reclaim energy was never from the start supposed to be available for all pet or companion classes, and yes it can be abused, but mainly because the reclaim effect on P99 doesn't work exactly like Live.

Add to that, that P99 is "striving" to be as legit "classic" as possible, but the devs do make decissions of not making everything true classic, if they don't like it.

If it had to be 110% classic, the project wouldn't even have started yet, and things like MQ'ing and eg. Tumpy tonic quest wouldn't have been disabled.

I have many things I would see changed if the server should be 110% legit, but its not gonna happen.

Personly I see it as the same thing as demanding to get long standing bugs that existed since the start of live game reintroduced, just because people was used to have them as Sony was too lazy to fix them.

And i can't see why they should make the Items usable from inv. The classes that want this already have ways of getting mana back to 100% pretty fast[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread