Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I agree with the other members, I'm sure we can raise the donations to properly protect our EQ world! I just got started on EQ so this really sucks... good luck guys!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Wouldn't it be funny if Rogean were faking the ddos to get more people to donate money?

It reminds me of the Pat Robertson south park episode where he gets people to donate money to build a spaceship to spread christianity.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't it be funny if Rogean were faking the ddos to get more people to donate money?

It reminds me of the Pat Robertson south park episode where he gets people to donate money to build a spaceship to spread christianity.
Yeah I hinted at that on my previous post... but I trust him. It would be a perfect time though... right as they are bringing the server down anyway. = /
Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Kobold

Now stay with me on this one folks. Sally Struthers has a Tiberian junker, which is the favored ship of the Huts, and she has trapped our new CBC ship in a, uh, positronic tractor beam. So we're going to need an ionic tractor disruptor. Not a regular ionic tractor disruptor, but a negative ionic tractor disruptor to help spread the word of Jesus
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogManX44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now stay with me on this one folks. Sally Struthers has a Tiberian junker, which is the favored ship of the Huts, and she has trapped our new CBC ship in a, uh, positronic tractor beam. So we're going to need an ionic tractor disruptor. Not a regular ionic tractor disruptor, but a negative ionic tractor disruptor to help spread the word of Jesus
hahahha I love you
Old 04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Orc

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5547

come here and say happy things!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't it be funny if Rogean were faking the ddos to-
go on spring break?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unhappy

I'm having withdrawls ;_;
Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atern [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The company I work for uses F5 for this type of thing I believe. I don't feel like requesting a quote on it but I'm pretty sure it's quite expensive. I'll touch base with him tomorrow and see what we pay.

But that being said, I think I found our guy!

http://pwned.nl/
I'm in the business and f5 hardware is very expensive. Maybe not for a $100M company but for personal use it is.

My curiosity comes when I ask is the server itself just on the public network with a public IP or does it have some sort of firewall in front of it? Based on the attacks and what not I'm going to assume it's completely open with a public IP.

Problem being that you'll need a some decent hardware to put in front of it to protect it and maintain the 400+ users it gets on a regular basis.
Last edited by Theiron; 04-08-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Old 04-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theiron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in the business and f5 hardware is very expensive.
How much is it? Just give us a ballpark figure please.

In response to your edit, how much would the hardware be as well?
Last edited by choklo; 04-08-2010 at 12:05 AM..
Closed Thread