Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll occasionally make the trek out to FoB for pickups, and always advertise as I'm passing through. That being said, anyone needing a pickup, take the 5 min or so to run from FoB through WW to OT. Your chances of a ride will go up about 1000%
Or the safer router, run through Cab into LOIO...pretty likely to find a ride from there as well. Don't take the welfare route, do a little work yourself.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't take the welfare route, do a little work yourself.
Whichever route you choose, some solid advice right here!
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 06-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Orc

i think its a little crappy how DaP thinks everyone is rich, and has plat just laying around to tip someone that i have to run to (*ALWAYS*) and all they do is cast a spell...

and im saying is because my tip of 10p-15p for a port my character is apparently "blacklisted" by your guild for crappy tips...

didnt know you guys were so greedy and money grabbers.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmyD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think its a little crappy how DaP thinks everyone is rich, and has plat just laying around to tip someone that i have to run to (*ALWAYS*) and all they do is cast a spell...

and im saying is because my tip of 10p-15p for a port my character is apparently "blacklisted" by your guild for crappy tips...

Don't like it? Roll a class that can port. Their guild tag means they provide a service for a price.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Also, since we're on the subject, I always give 10p for a port and hand it to them before we blast off so that they have an opportunity to ask for more. That is assuming I go to them or meet at a ring or spire. Is that fair? No one has said anything, but I'd hate to think you're collectively grumbling about me in /gu.
Last edited by cmoore; 06-08-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, since we're on the subject, I always give 10p for a port and hand it to them before we blast off so that they have an opportunity to ask for more. That is assuming I go to them or meet at a ring or spire. Is that fair? No one has said anything, but I'd hate to think you're collectively grumbling about me in /gu.
I pretty much tip 40-50pp unless theyre runnin for an evac or some out of the way pickup like fob

If ur new, then most porters generally dont mind porting for less or even free. Ive had donations refused by dap when i was on a noob char
Old 06-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Love this guild, it really is a fantastic service.

My worst experience was asking for a port and the guy said something like "oops, forgot to turn on /anon"

My best experience was a druid showing up randomly at the rings in feerrott and I asked him for an ejac for 80pp and he said yes.

Greatest time saver ever.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Kobold

While i usually drive a Sarasvati around Norrath, i love Dial-a-port. i crack them whenever i see them and use them whenever my Sara is in the shop (aka offline or busy). I wish there had been a service guild like this n my live server years ago. I think you guys should also take the next step and make a high end crafting guild too.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmyD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The fact of the matter is they don't HAVE to port you. You could just walk to your destination but you choose to ask for someone elses time to help you get somewhere else. Yeah all they do is cast a spell, but that spell is a commodity, a time saver. And time is money.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Orc

Down with unions. Tired of balcklists? Tired of needing to spam / all dial just to make it to your dungeon/raid? Want to find better ports without the hassle of unions with rules, minimums, and racketeriing? Ask adventuring druids in none union guilds for ports! We could use the dontations to better further our own career, instead of feeding some porting/twink building syndicate. Support adventuring druids, not an organized ring of extortionists (j/k, all in good fun, but really, get ports from None Dial A Port, support the adventuring druid.)
Closed Thread