Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Just remove MQing. Make those poor raid guilds find other ways to make money to afford recharging all their clickies they need to lean on as crutches to raid successfully.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Kobold

I also don't think you are doing yourself any favors by buying into the narrative of "woeth me! How can it be 200k to get a full spell book and epic on my shaman!" sniff sniff.

Like someone else said, join a guild! Interact with others and join raids and groups when you can. Most of this stuff is attainable this way. Find 1-2 groups and go do Guardian Wurms for spells. Maybe you'll get a Torpor that way? Or join groups in Sebilis for the same purpose. Does this mean that you will like have a torpor lying unscribed in your bag from lvl 40? No, you will likely be 59-60. Maybe you will even be 60 for a little while before you can get it.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Trying to acquire things without friends in an MMO is typically going to be a lot more tedious or difficult than working together with friends or having others help you. Particularly end game items that come from monsters that are designed to be done in a group and raid setting. Getting torpor+child's tear is no different. I would suggest you make some friends - which I've personally found difficult in any online community in the last few years - to help you acquire these items. You can get 3-5 people together and camp something like Emperor in Sebilis for torpor, or guardian wurms, or if you have access to a CoTH mage you can do Tola+Protector in Trak's Lair for a chance at torpor. You can clear down to Trak's Lair as well, but that takes significantly more time and effort.

Unfortunately due to plane of fear golems being hotly contested because they now provide a chance at items other than child's tear (items of both immense value and power) it can be a lot harder to do this. Your best chance to acquire it normally would be to join a guild that kills or contests these golems regularly in hopes of getting a tear on the raid. If for some reason you are morally opposed or unable to raid (or a normal human being, raiding in everquest is mostly unenjoyable in this era. auto attacking a slowed monster to death isn't exactly the pinnacle of engaging raid content.) your only way to acquire the tear will be buying an MQ. Its just another unpleasant side effect of early everquest game design.

If you've managed to assemble a trustworthy crew of nerds, mustering up the funds to acquire an MQ will be much easier. Farming platinum with a duo or trio is far more efficient than doing it alone. And that's if you split the money. Its also far more fun. There are a lot of things in everquest that are mundane, tedious, boring, trivial, or a combination of all four. Having friends to chat with while doing these things makes them tolerable, memorable, and perhaps even enjoyable. If you have some trustworthy e-friends or guildmates that you play with regularly, there is a decent chance they won't mind loaning you some platinum.

If you make genuine friendships with people they typically won't have an issue with passing the big spells like torpor to you or loaning/helping you farm platinum to buy a Child's Tear MQ if raiding isn't a viable option. If you are unable to make friends, join a guild, or at the very least form a group of opportunistic acquaintances its going to make acquiring items that are designed around taking friends, a guild, or a band of opportunistic acquaintances far more difficult than normal.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly my sentiment too. ^^^

I remember when shaman epics were very cheap a while back. I quit, came back to game after velious had been patched in and other changes too, and suddenly the tear is 60k or more? I was shocked.

I am pretty sure I recall it being less than 30k for sure, which is not too outlandish. But, 60k now?

I don't think it's a matter of spawn times hurting it, I think it's a matter of greedy people bottlenecking the tear to sell for MQ more than anything.

I am not going to mention guilds but I know for a fact one guild which advertises itself as "casual" that will gobble the tears up any chance they get as I seen it with my own eyes while being in that guild.

They didn't need it, did not give the tear to anyone to use, instead banked it for MQ.
I just wonder how many of these tears they have, as I left that guild shortly after this.

I understand why people are greedy and enjoy making plats but sometimes the way they go about it just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

That's pretty much why I don't care for raid guilds on this server. There's just way too much greed and disregard for other players on the server, and this is magnefied when the loots start revolving around MQuestable epic drops or other high end items that can be sold for plats.

I realize the server can't be a utopia, but ffs the greed is on a whole other level once you get to 50-60 lvl, and start seeing how pixel-crazed some players are.
All you do is continually prove you don't comprehend the game. The golems went from 8 hour spawns to 3 day spawns for one, for another they now drop CTs old loot table as well which includes AoNs and puppet strings which everyone wants. The Fear revamp made the golems more desirable and a much much longer respawn.

It has nothing to do with top end greed as the guilds who kill the most golems are guilds like FoH and anon who sit on their spawns 2 times a week for 16 hours. Its like you don't even play on this server but continue to bash the people who raid due to your own misconceptions and ignorance.

Wanna talk about greed, all you're doing it complaining about how no one would give you torpor or your epic so you stopped playing a character. Talk about greedy and entitled
Old 03-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you do is continually prove you don't comprehend the game. The golems went from 8 hour spawns to 3 day spawns for one, for another they now drop CTs old loot table as well which includes AoNs and puppet strings which everyone wants. The Fear revamp made the golems more desirable and a much much longer respawn.

It has nothing to do with top end greed as the guilds who kill the most golems are guilds like FoH and anon who sit on their spawns 2 times a week for 16 hours. Its like you don't even play on this server but continue to bash the people who raid due to your own misconceptions and ignorance.

Wanna talk about greed, all you're doing it complaining about how no one would give you torpor or your epic so you stopped playing a character. Talk about greedy and entitled
Whatever you say buddy. Just keep socking those tears and other epic piece no-drops to sell for MQs to "self-entitled" casuals.

I quit the shaman because it was not worth the sacrifice to me to gear it. If I loved the class maybe I would have coughed up the 200k to greedy neckbeards like you for the epic and spells, but alas I simply didn't and don't.

It just seems like this server has the largest collection of the most greedy raiders from all the past servers of 15 years ago.

There's a lot of really cool people on p99, but there is also a substantial collection of demented neckbeards who only serve to collect as many pixels as possible with zero sense of community towards their fellow gamers.

if thinking players should play less selfishly makes me "self-entitled" then fine I am guilty as charged.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you say buddy. Just keep socking those tears and other epic piece no-drops to sell for MQs to "self-entitled" casuals.

I quit the shaman because it was not worth the sacrifice to me to gear it. If I loved the class maybe I would have coughed up the 200k to greedy neckbeards like you for the epic and spells, but alas I simply didn't and don't.

It just seems like this server has the largest collection of the most greedy raiders from all the past servers of 15 years ago.

There's a lot of really cool people on p99, but there is also a substantial collection of demented neckbeards who only serve to collect as many pixels as possible with zero sense of community towards their fellow gamers.

if thinking players should play less selfishly makes me "self-entitled" then fine I am guilty as charged.

The problem is those people in the top raiding guilds aren't banking a ton of tears in order to make people like you pay more, like you're claiming. In fact i think the aftermath guild bank has 1 tear atm, if that. Perhaps you should ask fires of heaven or anon how many childs tears they have sitting in banks. AW and AA contest the golems that respawn when CT spawns. They don't camp out for or track the 2 respawns that happen during the week. That means those neckbeards at the top end aren't getting more tears, they are in fact getting less
Old 03-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is those people in the top raiding guilds aren't banking a ton of tears in order to make people like you pay more, like you're claiming. In fact i think the aftermath guild bank has 1 tear atm, if that. Perhaps you should ask fires of heaven or anon how many childs tears they have sitting in banks. AW and AA contest the golems that respawn when CT spawns. They don't camp out for or track the 2 respawns that happen during the week. That means those neckbeards at the top end aren't getting more tears, they are in fact getting less
I know, Maner. In all honesty the worst neckbeards now are the ones running under the "casual raid guild" tag. They are fucking over real casuals.

I'd say to anyone wanting to raid on p99 to avoid these lower tier raid guilds if at all possible. Join Aftermath, Rustle, Awakened, and maybe even some of the smaller more successful guilds. Avoid any guild proclaming itself as a "casual raid guild."

I realize that some of the requirements might be too high for a truly casual player to join a high tiered raiding guild on P99 and if that's the case it's a shame because what is offered by the lower tiered raid guilds is often times not as advertised.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I know, Maner. In all honesty the worst neckbeards now are the ones running under the "casual raid guild" tag. They are fucking over real casuals.

I'd say to anyone wanting to raid on p99 to avoid these lower tier raid guilds if at all possible. Join Aftermath, Rustle, Awakened, and maybe even some of the smaller more successful guilds. Avoid any guild proclaming itself as a "casual raid guild."

I realize that some of the requirements might be too high for a truly casual player to join a high tiered raiding guild on P99 and if that's the case it's a shame because what is offered by the lower tiered raid guilds is often times not as advertised.
Keep proving how clueless you truely are. Last golem kill, two shaman actually in attendance *rolled* for the tear, and guild has 0 tears banked. But keep spewing hate, cause you dont want to make friends or join a guild capable of killing them, if it makes you feel better.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep proving how clueless you truely are. Last golem kill, two shaman actually in attendance *rolled* for the tear, and guild has 0 tears banked. But keep spewing hate, cause you dont want to make friends or join a guild capable of killing them, if it makes you feel better.
Yes, this anecdote you dribbled out really proves how smoothly the child tears get distributed on the server. You really showed me. And the part about me not having any friends in the game capable of getting me bigger pixels, that really hurt. It's time I really self-evaluate myself and find better friends. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2017, 04:08 AM
Kobold

@Lhancelot: I think you have made your view on this matter very clear and I don't begrudge you that view. You think it sucks that some items, that are very desired (ie. epic pieces) are bottlenecked due to being super contested. On the one hand I tend to agree, I have also felt frustrated at times. A friend of mine spent so much time trying to get Verina Tomb for his chanter epic and just never was able to, not because she is a difficult mob but purely because she was permacamped. On the other hand, I think that if we just wanted instanced content and easily have accessable anything we want then, well... that's not why I play EQ on P99. Like I stated previously EQ, in the era we are playing, always rewarded the most committed players. It's a difficult game to play SUPER casually if you really want stuff like epic items.

I also think you are being quite toxic in what you are writing. Name calling etc. really is the friend of no one.
Closed Thread