Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

I got my first JBB at 56 and never used it because it was such a bad use of my time. Time spent clicking was time better spent buffing, slowing, healing, canni dancing, or medding. It's not 'free' necessarily because the cast time is quite long. Chain clicking it into your 50s inevitably means you slack at one or more of your class defining roles. It's also been shown that at max level you actually LOSE damage compared to canni/torpor/pox/bane.

For 45-50 it's definitely worth it. Much past 50, whether duo or full group you'll generally be a lot more productive not clicking JBB.

Playing my other characters, I always hated grouping with JBB shamans who insisted on chain clicking their bracer and then mysteriously didn't have enough mana to the absolute basics like keep hastes up on melee, slow the mobs, and keep regen up on who would benefit from it. Chain clicking with little to no resists is about 30 dps.

Playing my shaman, using that JBB not only cost me a cannidance cycle's worth of mana - it occupied 8 seconds of my time per click. Duo/trio we would kill faster if I focused on slowing early, keeping buffs up, root CC'ing and maintaining mana so we could chain pull without downtime. If I had extra time and high mana and more dps was needed, a single cast of envenomed bolt at 1.3k damage was worth 42 seconds of chain clicking JBB. Usually I was busy enough keeping up with slow/buff/cc mana that there wasn't a ton of time for doing more.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 04-04-2017 at 02:26 AM..
Old 04-04-2017, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

I've thought about that as well... just the, well, boringness of clicking something so long.

I am not sure what the game is like 50+, but I was in MM at 35 and basically chain casting as it were. In the back of my mind I'm hopeful they get some good group buffs in the coming levels... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman buffs get better and last longer. More importantly the shaman needs to know what people actually NEED rather than dropping a full wad of stat buffs on each person.

My triage in order of importance:
-sow to puller
-haste to melee
-regen to puller, tank, and anyone who routinely gets hit
-str buffs to melee
-dex to warrior
-hp buff to tank
-hp to the rest

Everything else comes after and only if needed.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

JBB is a solo and sometimes duo item. I hope noone is using it in a full group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When your fighting really hard mobs solo at 60, and can barely keep up with torpor/canni is when i use it the most. Those fights my dmg comes from jbb, epic and pet. Sometimes a resist on pox or bane can really hurt, even more so when you have a small manapool like me.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've thought about that as well... just the, well, boringness of clicking something so long.

I am not sure what the game is like 50+, but I was in MM at 35 and basically chain casting as it were. In the back of my mind I'm hopeful they get some good group buffs in the coming levels... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh the group versions arent as strong and wont stack with fos. Only time i use them is to buff low level characters.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Group stamina is totally worth it - nothing like not having to spend 900 mana and manage 6 timers when 350 mana gets you a buff 80% as good, lasts 88% as long and hits all 6 with 1 cast. For str and dex (for those who need beyond focus) I cast the single shot for stacking purposes.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Leveled my Shaman with a Fungi from day. Even had a Fungi Staff for a short while. Those helped tremendously.

But the day I dinged 45 everything changed. The regen from the Fungi is awesome and really speeds up leveling. The JBB, however, speeds up killing. The mobs you'll kill between 45 and 50 are all low enough where you can JBB them down and only worry about casting root. Yetis and Spectres all melt to the JBB so you can hold an entire camp and rocket yourself to 50+.

After level 50 it's the best "well the mob has 5% left...lets finish them off" choice. Even after having the epic I still find myself using the JBB to finish off spawns if I'm in a heavily camped area and can't find chain pulls (hello CoM).

In groups I barely use it. But there are times where it can be quite useful. Everyone buffed, I'm on secondary heals, and mobs don't last long enough for epic to matter? Throw in a couple nukes to make things a bit faster. In duo's tho the JBB can be an important DPS addition.

IMO it's the best item you can buy considering its cost. A Fungi will rocket you from 1-30. The JBB will finish it up from 45-53 . After that the epic is really the item that'll shine.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After looking at the https://wiki.project1999.com/Ceremon...sar_Chestplate I wonder, is this an item that's going to be "campable" in an exp sense? I last played Kunark around 2001 so, yeah, my memory isn't fresh lol.
"Camping" the Chestplate is basically the same as "camping" the Sebilis key (all the mobs involved are in the same area of the Emerald Jungle). You'll need a tracker, ideally one who's good at running through the jungle looking for a track target while not picking up too many adds, but it's doable (and if you don't have a Seb key yet you can work on both at once).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Camping" the Chestplate is basically the same as "camping" the Sebilis key (all the mobs involved are in the same area of the Emerald Jungle). You'll need a tracker, ideally one who's good at running through the jungle looking for a track target while not picking up too many adds, but it's doable (and if you don't have a Seb key yet you can work on both at once).
Thanks... hah... haven't done a Seb key in 15 years I figure. Maybe I'll get lucky! Still 40 though.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks... hah... haven't done a Seb key in 15 years I figure. Maybe I'll get lucky! Still 40 though.
Yeah I can't remember what level I was when I did it, 40 might be a little low (and low for the Ikky Chestplate). Might be doable though.

Whenever you do get to it the Seb key is pretty easy: you just need two mobs for it, the hunter and the forager, and if you're already running through the jungle looking for the Ikky Chestplate mob anyway it's trivial to look for them too.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread